ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
alexhaz64- GHWoR FC #89, IYWPPFW! (646/660)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 143, 144, 145 ... 150, 151, 152  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ontwikseltsaar  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2020 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awesome job! I recalled the strumming in my head, but when I saw the video it was so much worse (well, faster) than I expected.

And what was up with that "100%" run with a 99% section? That was crazy. Rounding issue?

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Ontwikseltsaar
LlamaYip  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2020 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats on all of the awesome stuff alex! This one is not surprising--you had been grinding real hard--but I am amazed that you have been able to push through that physical toll.

I am mostly here though to encourage your TTFAF hard FC One is a good one but that is easy cakes for you. Join me at the top! Haha. But also I could use some motivation to ReFC...

View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: LlamaYip Wii Friend Code: 6484459093164883
skinnywhitecomic  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2020 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LlamaYip wrote:
I am mostly here though to encourage your TTFAF hard FC One is a good one but that is easy cakes for you.

Yep, agreed. If you have 637 FCs under your belt, then a TTFAF Hard Fc should be on your radar. SO WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR?? :)

alexhaz64 wrote:
FYI my method was to one-hand the first set of trips, which made the transition from the strumming actually possible, then I tapped the high note of each trip from then on, until the very last quad, which I one-handed. So 12(1) 3 times, then 123(1) for the quad, and repeat. I highly recommend practicing FSA with darkness bridge for help with the transition, as that quickly became the hardest part for me!

I think my method was similar. There were times I definitely worked just FSA and then Darkness Riff into FSA to get the timing down. I found that to make that transition easier, that first blue note of FSA should be hit as if you're hitting a RB chord, that way you're already set up to do FSA. Hope this helps, Voided, if you go for it!

bushidox  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2020 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@Alex, after my board update you are really close to your goal of 229 million on the first 11 games. You only need another 34,222 points!
The Unofficial Score Hero GH Guitar leaderboard for X/H/M/E: http://www.scorehero.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1638203#1638203
The Unofficial Score Hero RB Guitar leaderboard for X/H/M/E: http://rockband.scorehero.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=703852#703852
The Unofficial Score Hero Bass GH leaderboard for X/H/M/E: http://www.scorehero.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=107740
The Unofficial Score Hero Bass RB leaderboard for X/H/M/E: http://rockband.scorehero.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=703842#703842
The Unofficial Cross Platform FGFC leaderboard for X/H/M/E: http://www.scorehero.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=108548
JohnnyGrey  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2020 12:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad to see that you were able to grab another FC. I know it gets truer each time, but considering you were thinking that 21csm could have been your last... Pretty great turn of events .
I knew it was only a matter of time after seeing how close the runs were during your stream. That reverse choke was brutal . The strumming still seems super ridiculous, and it just goes on and on. How you were able to grind it so much is beyond me :P

I'm excited to keep up with the Hard progress too. Sucks that pathhero is on the fritz, but hopefully that gets sorted out soon. Now that VH is finished, what will you go for next? Finish up WoR? Maybe see how TTFAF SH looks?
Either way, I'm sure you'll do something impressive pretty easily as usual

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2020 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I see you're now going through GH:SH HGuitar... a few good scores so far, but I'm guessing you're not spending much time on them as you can definitely get some first places with your squeezing ability!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2020 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jellu wrote:
Amazing FC! I know a certain someone who has BWOLP FC but won't even bother trying TTB >.> so definitely super difficult for some, only very difficult for most, but it sure feels great to have that one out of the way.

As for me I have to say missing in Holding the Lead counted as a choke. First run of the day (without practice) could be like FC Speeding Riff 5 and Holding the Lead and then miss in 4 other places. I hope for god's sake that you have good consistency outside the traditionally hard sections. But yeah HtL is definitely a tricky one and no wonder it took some time to get the first FC but once you get used to it it's possible to gain at least moderate consistency.

Lol TTB is one of the most polarizing songs. I remember some people finding it relatively easy (Bradmasta, YKK) and then people like Undead consider it one of the hardest in the series, lol. Either way it's one of the FCs I'm most proud of. Speeding would be amazing, but yeah I'd definitely need a lot more consistency on HtL (and everything else) before I'd seriously consider grinding that one.

Ontwikseltsaar wrote:
Awesome job! I recalled the strumming in my head, but when I saw the video it was so much worse (well, faster) than I expected.

And what was up with that "100%" run with a 99% section? That was crazy. Rounding issue?

Yeah, I think the strumming is something like 18 nps? And it lasts for something like 20 seconds too... As for that weird 99% section glitch, I think it was from my second overstrum in bridge B- if you watch the video you can see I miss randomly at the beginning of the trill, so I guess the game somehow counted that note as a miss and a hit at the same time? Someone with more knowledge of the game mechanics would probably know better lol.

LlamaYip wrote:
Congrats on all of the awesome stuff alex! This one is not surprising--you had been grinding real hard--but I am amazed that you have been able to push through that physical toll.

I am mostly here though to encourage your TTFAF hard FC One is a good one but that is easy cakes for you. Join me at the top! Haha. But also I could use some motivation to ReFC...

Thanks! Yeah honestly I don't know how I was able to grind that strumming for so long... As for TTFAF, does the SH version count? If so here you go!

skinnywhitecomic wrote:
LlamaYip wrote:
I am mostly here though to encourage your TTFAF hard FC One is a good one but that is easy cakes for you.

Yep, agreed. If you have 637 FCs under your belt, then a TTFAF Hard Fc should be on your radar. SO WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR?? :)

alexhaz64 wrote:
FYI my method was to one-hand the first set of trips, which made the transition from the strumming actually possible, then I tapped the high note of each trip from then on, until the very last quad, which I one-handed. So 12(1) 3 times, then 123(1) for the quad, and repeat. I highly recommend practicing FSA with darkness bridge for help with the transition, as that quickly became the hardest part for me!

I think my method was similar. There were times I definitely worked just FSA and then Darkness Riff into FSA to get the timing down. I found that to make that transition easier, that first blue note of FSA should be hit as if you're hitting a RB chord, that way you're already set up to do FSA. Hope this helps, Voided, if you go for it!

Again, I got one TTFAF FC, that should be enough right? But seriously I do plan on going for the GH3 version at some point, but for obvious reasons I'm not looking forward to that grind, lol. And good advice on the One FSA practice, anchoring R ASAP definitely helps with the transition to RYB trips.

bushidox wrote:
@Alex, after my board update you are really close to your goal of 229 million on the first 11 games. You only need another 34,222 points!

Huge thanks for updating those boards! I felt a bit demanding but after half a year of progress on both guitar and bass I was excited to see where I stand. Interesting to see I'm only 34k away from 229 mil, I thought I needed a lot more (guess my personal spreadsheet isn't fully updated, lol). I can definitely hit that mark, it would probably require a few improvements on the really hard songs... and more than the 5k I gained on TTFAF SH this week lol.

JohnnyGrey wrote:
Glad to see that you were able to grab another FC. I know it gets truer each time, but considering you were thinking that 21csm could have been your last... Pretty great turn of events .
I knew it was only a matter of time after seeing how close the runs were during your stream. That reverse choke was brutal . The strumming still seems super ridiculous, and it just goes on and on. How you were able to grind it so much is beyond me :P

I'm excited to keep up with the Hard progress too. Sucks that pathhero is on the fritz, but hopefully that gets sorted out soon. Now that VH is finished, what will you go for next? Finish up WoR? Maybe see how TTFAF SH looks?
Either way, I'm sure you'll do something impressive pretty easily as usual

Your point about X FCs hits pretty hard. I still can't believe I got two more FCs this year, after seriously thinking that I was completely tapped out. I'm a little more optimistic now, but all my FC prospects are... ugly to say the least. But you never know when I might have a breakthrough similar to FIU and suddenly something like Speeding starts looking way easier :p

As you said, I did continue to play H, and finished off SH. Thanks for the paths by the way, having those really paid off with some sexy scores. I'm definitely gonna miss pathhero on the rest of the games though. There's no moose or mackey with videos of every song that I can use :(

Chrisssss wrote:
I see you're now going through GH:SH HGuitar... a few good scores so far, but I'm guessing you're not spending much time on them as you can definitely get some first places with your squeezing ability!

You were right, I got my first two untied firsts last night! I also have a bunch of tied firsts/optimals, but not quite on the same level of domination as X bass. Either Fug is too good, or I just need to spend more time going for squeezes. Definitely looking forward to finishing my reduxes now that I have the FGFC, I should get 2nd overall pretty easily I think.

EDIT: 10/21/20- So for whatever reason I've been playing a lot of H Guitar lately, probably stemming from that random FC of One in GH3 a few weeks ago. I FC'd pretty much all of the harder songs in WoR before getting a new X FC :p. Then I decided to finish off VH, which has been sitting at a HGFC for over a decade. Unfortunately pathhero was down at this point, so my scores suck for that game. GHSH though... well fortunately JohnnyGrey saw the writing on the wall and saved all the H Guitar paths in that game for me. I already had a handful of FCs in the game, so the only difficult song I had to do was TTFAF. Little by little, I chipped away at the game, getting a new batch of FCs each night, and good scores too thanks to actually having the paths. Eventually I decided to seriously try for TTFAF, and luckily no single section gave me too much trouble. The biggest issue was actually the pre-solo sections with sliders, as strumming the following note on time generally led to a miss. I had to hit those late, which unfortunately meant some squeezes didn't quite work. But after one one-miss run in Lead the Way 2, I FCd! Took about an hour of work maybe, so not nearly as bad as it could've been. I finally cleaned up the remaining FCs last night, giving me the FGFC! I still have 7 songs left to redux, after which I should be comfortably second overall behind Fug. I think my goal at this point will be to get 1st overall on the H guitar leaderboards. With the addition of GHL, I think that should be pretty doable. (I'll need a lot of reduxing though, and without pathhero that'll be a challenge)

TTFAF H FC vid: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=crqRkbgIQws
2:59 alexhaz64: I'm like 6th place on that song
2:59 alexhaz64: pretty neat
2:59 alexhaz64: :p
2:59 JohnnyGrey: No Alex, I don't care how good your score is
2:59 JohnnyGrey: DAMMIT
2:59 alexhaz64: XD
alexhaz64 flexes
2:59 psxfreak101: too slow on the trigger there, boyo
2:59 alexhaz64: that seems to be the case all night
2:59 JohnnyGrey: I've been too slow a few times tonight
2:59 JohnnyGrey: GDSAKj hfask
2:59 psxfreak101: XD
2:59 alexhaz64: LMAO
2:59 alexhaz64: OMG
psxfreak101 actua-loling

Last edited by alexhaz64 on Wed Apr 28, 2021 5:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
voidedalive2x  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2020 3:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WEll, I do have videos of HDrums paths, so if you ever dip your toes there...Just sayin'.

Good job on the VH/SH HGuitar FCs, though.

GH accomps: FFWF, DE, Battery HDrums FCs! HDrums 46/49!!
RB accomps: RB3 MDrums FGFC! RB3 MOMBFGFC!
Old Youtube, New Youtube | I do Twitch, now!
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger PSN Name: vVv_Voided
alexhaz64  

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2020 3:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

voidedalive2x wrote:
WEll, I do have videos of HDrums paths, so if you ever dip your toes there...Just sayin'.

Good job on the VH/SH HGuitar FCs, though.

Thanks! I can't say I'll ever start squeezing HDrums but... eventually I'll run out of guitar/bass stuff to do I suppose, lol.

But not yet! Bump for Speeding FC :D

EDIT: 11/7/20- I really can't believe I just FC'd Speeding... just a month ago I would've never even considered this song possible. It was always the hardest of the "doable" songs in WoR in my opinion, with TDWF/IYWP/TTB being easier. However, I hit Holding the Lead for the first time a few weeks ago, and it suddenly went on my radar. I played the song again about a week ago, and hit HtL a few more times, and increased my score on the song by about 15k. At this point it definitely started to look like my most likely FC. In fact, over the next couple of days I had a few very close runs, including a -1 in Speeding Riff 5, and a choke at the very end of the trill in Holding the Lead. I couldn't quite clutch it out, and various sections were being annoyingly difficult. My biggest issue was with Cornering Riff 2, which had two very difficult patterns to hit. I had some success with third position, but it was just too hard to hit consistently. I finally gave my poor hands a break for two days, and started grinding again today. Everything felt pretty good, I even had some consistency on Cornering 1/2/3 and eventually Speeding Riff 5. After about 2 hours of grinding, I finally made it to Holding the Lead with an FC... and I hit it! Somehow I didn't choke, and I clutched it out for my best FC ever. (Debatable, I know, but the consistent difficulty of the song combined with the difficulty of the hardest parts make this stand out above the rest, imo) FC #87 for the game, and 638/660 overall. TDWF will probably be next, as I still have yet to hit Synth solo in IYWP. Besides that, I'm looking at RaBl GH3 or GR2R as my next FCs. We'll see what ends up happening, but this year has already blown away all of my expectations (today is a good day for more than just my GH career, lol) :)

Speeding FC vid: https://youtu.be/vFX5PCde968
2:59 alexhaz64: I'm like 6th place on that song
2:59 alexhaz64: pretty neat
2:59 alexhaz64: :p
2:59 JohnnyGrey: No Alex, I don't care how good your score is
2:59 JohnnyGrey: DAMMIT
2:59 alexhaz64: XD
alexhaz64 flexes
2:59 psxfreak101: too slow on the trigger there, boyo
2:59 alexhaz64: that seems to be the case all night
2:59 JohnnyGrey: I've been too slow a few times tonight
2:59 JohnnyGrey: GDSAKj hfask
2:59 psxfreak101: XD
2:59 alexhaz64: LMAO
2:59 alexhaz64: OMG
psxfreak101 actua-loling

Last edited by alexhaz64 on Wed Apr 28, 2021 5:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
Jellu  

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2020 9:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice one o_O I agree this is harder than IYWP and TDWF so now you can just breeze your way to 89. So welcome to the club I guess? p.s. H18 is harder and Decontrol.

FCs: 45 | 62 | 29 | 68 | 41 | 85 | 48 | 47 | 85 | 46 | 89 | O211 204/211 | Total 645/660
arvain  

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2020 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thoroughly impressed again epic job ! I also said "wOOh" at the same time as you did in your video x)
JohnnyGrey  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2020 2:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

alexhaz64 2 weeks ago wrote:
all my FC prospects are... ugly to say the least. But you never know when I might have a breakthrough similar to FIU and suddenly something like Speeding starts looking way easier :p

Still funny to me hehe

But also pretty inspiring and hopeful. Of course, not really something to expect to happen again, but you never know! We've talked about how your slowly getting closer and closer to your limit, which is both sad and awesome. Definitely looking forward to you hitting 640 at least!

But yeah, this FC is nuts. Definitely fits in your top 5 if not your best. Awesome job on getting it so quickly! Great that it happened without TOO many setbacks, as it's certainly one that could really hurt your motivation after a certain amount of frustrations. Glad HTL clicked once you learned it. How many runs were actually FCs up to HTL anyway? Definitely less than one would expect!

Finally, best FCs this year: Speeding and FiU
FCs that took the longest : Not those two lol

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2020 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My intermittent visiting of the Facebook chat means I miss awesome accomplishments like this one. Congrats on FCing Speeding! You are getting into a really mind blowing territory now, especially on WoR. I recently played that chart and struggling 5*-ing it haha. But you have really found an incredible rhythm of grinding these songs and getting the FC within a short time. Youre on an awesome pace right now!

Re: JGs post, I would have to imagine that 21CSM took longest of all the 2020 FCs?

View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: LlamaYip Wii Friend Code: 6484459093164883
Ontwikseltsaar  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2020 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice! Speeding was one of the songs that made me realize how out of shape I was when I picked up GH:WoR after transitioning to drums. I felt it would have been in the "I can pass this, I can 5* this, but I definitely can't FC this" range of songs

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Ontwikseltsaar
Mr.Scientist  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2020 6:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

YUSSSSSS!

Really good job on pulling through on your first run past The Rest that night. Speeding is one of those FCs that feel really good. Pretty impressive how fast you went from first HTL FC to goo consistency to song FC. Tapping improvement is what I like to see

Oh and I'm a bit late to the TTB party. I know you feel Speeding is now your best FC, and putting my GH1 bias aside I tend to agree, but that Bridge really is something. But yeah, 2 different skills, 2 great FCs.

Can't wait for Trogdor
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 143, 144, 145 ... 150, 151, 152  Next
Page 144 of 152

Jump to: