ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
alexhaz64- GHWoR FC #89, IYWPPFW! (646/660)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 144, 145, 146 ... 150, 151, 152  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
FL4RE  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2020 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Speeding is a big boy FC, well done!

How much trouble did you have with Speeding Riff 5? That was the big hurdle for me.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2020 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Epic FC... how close to the FGFC do you think you can get?

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2020 10:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jellu wrote:
Nice one o_O I agree this is harder than IYWP and TDWF so now you can just breeze your way to 89. So welcome to the club I guess? p.s. H18 is harder and Decontrol.

haha I don't think I'll be "breezing" my way to 89 FCs any time soon. I still haven't even hit Synth solo in practice. TDWF is definitely on my radar but I'm so inconsistent at solo 2b it isn't even funny. Either song is extremely unappealing to grind, lol.

arvain wrote:
Thoroughly impressed again epic job ! I also said "wOOh" at the same time as you did in your video x)

Thanks! Yeah even though that was technically before the "hard part" of the song, getting there was way harder than hitting that on its own. There's just so many annoyingly difficult sections throughout the song, I'm very relieved to have that one done!

JohnnyGrey wrote:
alexhaz64 2 weeks ago wrote:
all my FC prospects are... ugly to say the least. But you never know when I might have a breakthrough similar to FIU and suddenly something like Speeding starts looking way easier :p

Still funny to me hehe

But also pretty inspiring and hopeful. Of course, not really something to expect to happen again, but you never know! We've talked about how your slowly getting closer and closer to your limit, which is both sad and awesome. Definitely looking forward to you hitting 640 at least!

But yeah, this FC is nuts. Definitely fits in your top 5 if not your best. Awesome job on getting it so quickly! Great that it happened without TOO many setbacks, as it's certainly one that could really hurt your motivation after a certain amount of frustrations. Glad HTL clicked once you learned it. How many runs were actually FCs up to HTL anyway? Definitely less than one would expect!

Finally, best FCs this year: Speeding and FiU
FCs that took the longest : Not those two lol

Yeah, that quote is awfully prophetic. I think I had maybe come pretty close to the section FC at that point, which is what brought it into my top 4 most likely FCs list in the first place, lol. We'll see if I can knock any more off the list soon, although H guitar might take over for a while... 640 would be pretty freaking sweet though. As for Speeding, I had probably a handful of FCs up to HTL, with the most notable being a choke at the very end of the trill (the last four notes I think). So overall less than 5 FCs up to HTL before I FCd, I'd say. And finally yeah, it's pretty funny how my best FCs don't give me the most trouble. Well, Speeding definitely gave me trouble, but the fact that I got it within a week is pretty crazy. TTB and 21CSM were always my "easiest" FCs left and well... they definitely took a while to fall haha.

LlamaYip wrote:
My intermittent visiting of the Facebook chat means I miss awesome accomplishments like this one. Congrats on FCing Speeding! You are getting into a really mind blowing territory now, especially on WoR. I recently played that chart and struggling 5*-ing it haha. But you have really found an incredible rhythm of grinding these songs and getting the FC within a short time. Youre on an awesome pace right now!

Re: JGs post, I would have to imagine that 21CSM took longest of all the 2020 FCs?

Thanks! I'm not sure where this burst in skill is coming from, considering I barely played for the last five years, and even before that I was averaging like 2 new FCs a year, lol. Definitely getting close to my max, both in WoR and overall. But we'll see what I can pull off. 21CSM is probably my longest FC grind of all time, given that I played that song for like 2-5 hours every time I played for a good portion of the year. I'm not kidding when I say it took at least 100 hours of grinding, haha.

Ontwikseltsaar wrote:
Nice! Speeding was one of the songs that made me realize how out of shape I was when I picked up GH:WoR after transitioning to drums. I felt it would have been in the "I can pass this, I can 5* this, but I definitely can't FC this" range of songs

Yeah, that song is relentless. I definitely found my fretting fingers getting fatigued pretty quickly at first, but I started to get used to it after grinding it a few days. Definitely one of the hardest 5* in the game, though, I agree.

Mr.Scientist wrote:
YUSSSSSS!

Really good job on pulling through on your first run past The Rest that night. Speeding is one of those FCs that feel really good. Pretty impressive how fast you went from first HTL FC to goo consistency to song FC. Tapping improvement is what I like to see

Oh and I'm a bit late to the TTB party. I know you feel Speeding is now your best FC, and putting my GH1 bias aside I tend to agree, but that Bridge really is something. But yeah, 2 different skills, 2 great FCs.

Can't wait for Trogdor

Thanks! I'm glad you were there to witness the FC, haha. Yeah I surprised myself with how quickly I got the FC- not that I didn't think it was possible, but the mere fact that I was consistently hitting HTL... yeah that was a quick turnaround. I'm pretty proud of TTB as well, but that definitely plays more into my strengths, so it never seemed as impressive to me. I definitely need to get Trogdor next to continue the pattern, lol. Gimme a PAL TV plz!!!

FL4RE wrote:
Speeding is a big boy FC, well done!

How much trouble did you have with Speeding Riff 5? That was the big hurdle for me.

Thanks, now you can stop requesting it of me!
Speeding Riff 5 was definitely tough, especially toward the end of the FC grind. It was one of the hardest sections to hit consistently. However I did figure out a few ways to make it a little more reliable, such as delaying pressing the first G, releasing O quicker, hitting the last O slightly late, etc. I had more trouble with the "Cornering" sections, to be perfectly honest.

Chrisssss wrote:
Epic FC... how close to the FGFC do you think you can get?

Lol FGFC is definitely out of the question... I can get one or two more FCs at most, putting me at 89/93. Sudden Death is next easiest, and chances of me FCing that are next to zero. But who knows, maybe someday, lol.

EDIT: 11/29/20- Well, this is a bit of a surprise. After FCing Speeding, I popped in GH3 to see how RaBl was feeling. It was... ok, but still needed a lot of work. So as usual I put it off and instead started reduxing my scores on Hard. Most of my scores were from ps2 back in 2008, and were generally pretty terrible. I did have a few decent scores on 360 from random leagues and such, so I started adding a few of the easier optimals, and did a handful of songs each day. I also played TTFAF a few times a day to try and improve my score there as well. By Thanksgiving, I had finished reduxing the entire game, my TTFAF score was around 715k, and I was 6th overall. I had very little points to gain aside from a TTFAF FC, so that is what I set out to do.

Tonight, I practiced a few troublesome sections, namely Herman's solo and Twin solo, and bumped my hyperspeed up to HS4 to make the timing for You Rock a little easier. Neither section was very consistent, and I had a history of completely bombing the outro. I did not have high hopes of FCing tonight, but figured I should do real runs anyway. First full run out of practice, I FCed outside of Herman's solo in two spots, getting -3 and 728k. This was already enough to put me at 3rd overall, but I had to keep going. Second run was another FC outside of Herman's solo, 727k. Third run was again an FC outside of Herman's, although I missed in rampaging dragons trying to squeeze. Fourth run... I FC'd the song. Somehow, twin solo felt relatively consistent in real runs, and I only needed to FC Herman's once to FC the whole song. And I didn't even choke post solo! I don't know how I got the FC so fast but I honestly can't complain. Score was pretty good as well, 5th place overall. But more importantly, this gives me the FGFC for GH3H, and 1st overall! I'm about 1k ahead of Fug, and considering how competitive GH3 is, I couldn't be happier.

TTFAF FC vid: https://youtu.be/O0Ql3_AkRhs

Next I suppose I will probably want to continue playing Hard, maybe getting a FSFC -Trogdor. First overall for the series would be cool too. Besides that, I do want to come back to RaBl at some point, as it does seem like my next easiest X FC...
2:59 alexhaz64: I'm like 6th place on that song
2:59 alexhaz64: pretty neat
2:59 alexhaz64: :p
2:59 JohnnyGrey: No Alex, I don't care how good your score is
2:59 JohnnyGrey: DAMMIT
2:59 alexhaz64: XD
alexhaz64 flexes
2:59 psxfreak101: too slow on the trigger there, boyo
2:59 alexhaz64: that seems to be the case all night
2:59 JohnnyGrey: I've been too slow a few times tonight
2:59 JohnnyGrey: GDSAKj hfask
2:59 psxfreak101: XD
2:59 alexhaz64: LMAO
2:59 alexhaz64: OMG
psxfreak101 actua-loling

Last edited by alexhaz64 on Wed Apr 28, 2021 5:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
JohnnyGrey  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2020 5:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Amazing job! Super tough song that requires a bunch of focus and consistency. I know you're as shocked as the rest of us about how quickly this came, but you're probably more glad that it did :P. First FC past Herman's is definitely impressive. Not that I expected the song to be out of your reach by any means, you've proven many times that you still haven't tapped out and have a few surprises left in store.

First overall is awesome too! On one of the most competitive games, no less! Hope to see the rest of the games follow suit. I'll have to try to follow up with operation #SaveThePaths and hope for the best. I know it's a bit overwhelming to squeeze the sheer number of songs as well as you did, but I'm sure you'll be able to get first over all games, and maybe a handful more individual game firsts.

Of course some more X work is always welcome too.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2020 8:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well done! H FSFC -Trogdor should be easy now. No need to rush it though, playing some hard may be a good warm-up for more serious grinds like TDWF or IYWPPFW. If, like me, you lack the raw speed to consistently one hand synth solo you could try my method: tap the high notes in triplets and anchor everything. THe trips were prretty easy this way, the transition to the end and later the end itself being the hardest parts. The trips feel actually very slow using this method, whereas at the end you should go pretty much as fast as you can. And avoid anchoring there.

FCs: 45 | 62 | 29 | 68 | 41 | 85 | 48 | 47 | 85 | 46 | 89 | O211 204/211 | Total 645/660
Cabanon  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2020 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

getting first overall on early games is no small feat. congratz Alex on both accomplishment !

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2020 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

After all this time, you're still absolutely killing it my friend Amazing job
Jleggy12  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2020 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is massive! I was seeing your scores popping in over the past couple of weeks, great to finish it off with TTFaF to get you over to 1st!

Same plan with GHA?
11:13 RheaultWnage_: it's -37°C where you live atm alex? :P
11:13 alexhaz64: -45 now/quite the cold front
11:14 Jleggy12: and that's in Kelvin :o
11:14 RheaultWnage_: damn thats pretty cold/-40 K xD/I think -45 is about the coldest I've ever felt
11:14 Jleggy12: round about -300 C :P
11:14 RheaultWnage_: maybe colder than what I've felt
11:14 alexhaz64: -38 >.>
11:15 RheaultWnage_: OH YOURE TALKING ABOUT THE NOTES LOL
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger PSN Name: Jleggy12
Chrisssss  

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2020 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow! You are insane! Bravo

*Gonna go watch your TTFAF video now...

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2020 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Massively good job there man Those scores are top tier squeezes, too ! Congratulations !
LlamaYip  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2020 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've told you a lot privately about how amazing your TTFAF Hard FC is but you deserve another thread post about it. The fact you knocked it out sooo fast AND the solidness of your score is really awesome. I am jealous of your score and I am also jealous of your GH3H first place overall, maybe I need to make some moves! But it is well deserved. I really wish you had accomplished a lot of this during the heyday of SH because you deserve way more recognition than you are getting right now.

View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: LlamaYip Wii Friend Code: 6484459093164883
skinnywhitecomic  

PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2020 2:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Super late to the party for a host of reasons, but a TTFAF Hard FC is UN...FREAKING...BE...LIEVABLE. You have an absolute gift. I can't imagine the skills it takes to just ACCIDENTLY get the FC. You're a goddamn legend. I can't wait to see what you do next!

alexhaz64  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2020 2:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JohnnyGrey wrote:
Amazing job! Super tough song that requires a bunch of focus and consistency. I know you're as shocked as the rest of us about how quickly this came, but you're probably more glad that it did :P. First FC past Herman's is definitely impressive. Not that I expected the song to be out of your reach by any means, you've proven many times that you still haven't tapped out and have a few surprises left in store.

First overall is awesome too! On one of the most competitive games, no less! Hope to see the rest of the games follow suit. I'll have to try to follow up with operation #SaveThePaths and hope for the best. I know it's a bit overwhelming to squeeze the sheer number of songs as well as you did, but I'm sure you'll be able to get first over all games, and maybe a handful more individual game firsts.

Of course some more X work is always welcome too.

Thanks! Yeah TTFAF was pretty surprising how quickly it fell, but I definitely worked for it. I knew I was close anyway, I just figured I'd have a few chokes lol. As for first overall, it's pretty much only because of the FGFC. Fug and Lemon squeezed the game pretty hard, but there's a pretty big gap between them and newuser/tanner. Luckily I fell right in between those tiers, so the FGFC was all it took. Other games are gonna be a lot harder to get 1st, in part because Fug kills at the newer engines, the lack of available paths, and the god-tier squeezers actually being able to FGFC. But who knows...

Jellu wrote:
Well done! H FSFC -Trogdor should be easy now. No need to rush it though, playing some hard may be a good warm-up for more serious grinds like TDWF or IYWPPFW. If, like me, you lack the raw speed to consistently one hand synth solo you could try my method: tap the high notes in triplets and anchor everything. THe trips were prretty easy this way, the transition to the end and later the end itself being the hardest parts. The trips feel actually very slow using this method, whereas at the end you should go pretty much as fast as you can. And avoid anchoring there.

Thanks! I'm enjoying the H grind if only because nothing is necessarily out of my reach. A lot less pressure that way lol. As for IYWP, your method is actually what I was doing for a while. I hit the trips a few times, but the transition after was too hard, as you said. Today I tried one-handing, and had a little bit better success, but stamina is a major issue. Ended up with a -1, still no tech FC but definitely looking more likely. TDWF is unfortunately feeling very hard if only because of how inconsistent I am at solo 2b. It's pretty pathetic honestly haha

Cabanon wrote:
getting first overall on early games is no small feat. congratz Alex on both accomplishment !

Thanks! Again it's pretty much only possible because tanner and newuser never FGFCd. They'd destroy me otherwise. I'll be somewhat surprised if I could get 1st on any other games...

Bradmasta wrote:
After all this time, you're still absolutely killing it my friend Amazing job

Thanks! Great to see you round these parts again! There's been a bit of a 2020 resurgence, and I've definitely kept busy lol. Hope life is treating you well :)

Jleggy12 wrote:
This is massive! I was seeing your scores popping in over the past couple of weeks, great to finish it off with TTFaF to get you over to 1st!

Same plan with GHA?

Thanks! I knew it was possible for a while considering I'd often compare my scores to Fug, so I was immensely relieved when I FCd TTFAF to cement it. Funny enough, it was really my NotB redux that pushed me over the edge, considering I gained like 1200 points, and I'm in first by 1100 lol. Sorry to disappoint with GHA, but the top squeezers can actually FGFC so no luck getting first again haha.

Chrisssss wrote:
Wow! You are insane! Bravo

*Gonna go watch your TTFAF video now...

Haha thanks, hope you enjoyed the vid! I admit I kinda like watching it from time to time myself lol

arvain wrote:
Massively good job there man Those scores are top tier squeezes, too ! Congratulations !

Thanks! I definitely worked pretty hard to optimize my scores as much as possible. There's a few scores I wish I could improve still, but I'm pretty happy with what I achieved :)

LlamaYip wrote:
I've told you a lot privately about how amazing your TTFAF Hard FC is but you deserve another thread post about it. The fact you knocked it out sooo fast AND the solidness of your score is really awesome. I am jealous of your score and I am also jealous of your GH3H first place overall, maybe I need to make some moves! But it is well deserved. I really wish you had accomplished a lot of this during the heyday of SH because you deserve way more recognition than you are getting right now.

Thanks, I too am very happy with my FC score (although I lost at least 400 on the last two acts, lol). I would definitely love to see you redux and possibly challenge me at the top, could be a fun competition. As for recognition, I've gotten more posts from this than most of my accomplishments this year, so close to a full page of responses is pretty damn good for 2020 haha.

skinnywhitecomic wrote:
Super late to the party for a host of reasons, but a TTFAF Hard FC is UN...FREAKING...BE...LIEVABLE. You have an absolute gift. I can't imagine the skills it takes to just ACCIDENTLY get the FC. You're a goddamn legend. I can't wait to see what you do next!

Haha I wouldn't say I "accidentally" FCd TTFAF, that would be way underselling it! I actually grinded it quite a lot during the month or so that I reduxed the entire game. It wasn't until the night I FCd that I started hitting twin solo and hermans semi-consistently (tip for hermans: spam 432 for the orange wall). The biggest shock for me was that I didn't choke after hitting hermans in a real run! I knew I was gonna FC eventually but I don't usually get FCs that easily lol.

As for what's next, I'm gonna finish off H FSFC (-trogdor, for now). Should be a lot of fun :)

EDIT: 12/20/20- Guess it's been almost a month, and I figure it's time for an update. I've still been plugging away at Hard guitar, knocking out both GHA and WoR. GHA was the natural progression after 3, having similar engines and actual paths available. Unfortunately I was only able to get 4th overall, as all the top squeezers could easily FGFC, and I'm not quite on their level.

WoR was a bit of a random choice for the next game, but I already had most of the hardest songs from around the time I FCd Speeding. The FGFC was just a matter of grinding out easy stuff. Took a few weeks but I'm finally done, and ended up in 3rd overall! 2nd is certainly possible, but more than a few songs are missing paths which makes it difficult.

At this point I am now at 47/24/30/70/41/2/0/48/0/47/93/0 for the series. Not sure which game to tackle next but I'm not in any hurry. In Expert news, I played a few songs and came pretty close to hitting Synth solo in IYWP, Flood in RaBl, and Twin solo in TTFAF. Good progress overall, but I'll probably stick with H for the forseeable future.
2:59 alexhaz64: I'm like 6th place on that song
2:59 alexhaz64: pretty neat
2:59 alexhaz64: :p
2:59 JohnnyGrey: No Alex, I don't care how good your score is
2:59 JohnnyGrey: DAMMIT
2:59 alexhaz64: XD
alexhaz64 flexes
2:59 psxfreak101: too slow on the trigger there, boyo
2:59 alexhaz64: that seems to be the case all night
2:59 JohnnyGrey: I've been too slow a few times tonight
2:59 JohnnyGrey: GDSAKj hfask
2:59 psxfreak101: XD
2:59 alexhaz64: LMAO
2:59 alexhaz64: OMG
psxfreak101 actua-loling

Last edited by alexhaz64 on Mon Apr 25, 2022 5:09 pm; edited 3 times in total
JohnnyGrey  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2020 8:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice to see the HFSFC quest is going strong! I know we kind of joke that these side projects are low stress distractions and ways of procrastinating X accomplishments, but you definitely are still putting in a lot of dedication and effort. And it's certainly paying off
I know GH5 isn't the most exciting, but the optimals and new 1sts must feel pretty good.

Oh and the new work on section FCs is pretty exciting too. Though I can't say I agree that Twin and Synth are close at all in difficulty lol

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2020 10:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can't wait to see you come join those of us in the -3 to -1 club, Alex.

GH Accomplishments
RB Accomplishments

FC count: 9
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 144, 145, 146 ... 150, 151, 152  Next
Page 145 of 152

Jump to: