ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
alexhaz64- GHWoR FC #89, IYWPPFW! (646/660)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 145, 146, 147 ... 150, 151, 152  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
alexhaz64  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2021 2:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JohnnyGrey wrote:
Nice to see the HFSFC quest is going strong! I know we kind of joke that these side projects are low stress distractions and ways of procrastinating X accomplishments, but you definitely are still putting in a lot of dedication and effort. And it's certainly paying off
I know GH5 isn't the most exciting, but the optimals and new 1sts must feel pretty good.

Oh and the new work on section FCs is pretty exciting too. Though I can't say I agree that Twin and Synth are close at all in difficulty lol

Oh yes, the GH5 progress is certainly exciting. I love seeing all the green and orange, lol. Actually playing the songs is another story though. I definitely needed a break from easy songs. As for the sections... i might actually be closer to a twin solo FC than synth XD

Voidedlefty wrote:
Can't wait to see you come join those of us in the -3 to -1 club, Alex.

Thanks, I'm looking forward to joining the -1 club myself! Besides trogdor, what are you missing? Guessing TTFAF and One GH3?

EDIT: 1/21/21- So I did continue H guitar by moving on to GH5, which was looking quite promising. I'm at 28 FCs, and more than half of those are firsts. I will definitely pick up where I left off, but I got a little burnt out so I started playing other games.
...and about a week or two ago, I started playing some gh3 again. Partially inspired by Mr.Scientist's efforts to FC the song in CH, I figured it's about time I break the final score barrier and go for 900k. My high score for years was 865k or so, and I improved it to 870k last year. I knew I could get more, I just needed consistency. Slowly but surely, I started FCing up to bridge 1 more often, and FCing up to the solo after that. It really just came down to having a good solo run, meaning FCing Sams and half of Hermans, and not missing anywhere under sp. I got plenty of small improvements, with a few dozen runs ranging from 870 to 889k. Finally, I had a run that was so close- 896k! Not quite my goal, but still seven stars, which was cool. Finally today, after another long grind, I did it! 905k!!! I had 770k coming out of the solo, and 804k going into rampaging dragons. I was so nervous, and luckily I only had one small miss in almost there. So relieved to finally get this milestone. But... i can still get more. I'll probably take a break on the song for a while, but I know I can get at least 920k with my current skill level. I also want to get the tech FC at some point, starting with Twin solo- I already have a -1 on the section...
2:59 alexhaz64: I'm like 6th place on that song
2:59 alexhaz64: pretty neat
2:59 alexhaz64: :p
2:59 JohnnyGrey: No Alex, I don't care how good your score is
2:59 JohnnyGrey: DAMMIT
2:59 alexhaz64: XD
alexhaz64 flexes
2:59 psxfreak101: too slow on the trigger there, boyo
2:59 alexhaz64: that seems to be the case all night
2:59 JohnnyGrey: I've been too slow a few times tonight
2:59 JohnnyGrey: GDSAKj hfask
2:59 psxfreak101: XD
2:59 alexhaz64: LMAO
2:59 alexhaz64: OMG
psxfreak101 actua-loling

Last edited by alexhaz64 on Mon Apr 25, 2022 5:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
Jellu  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2021 9:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's a pretty sick TTFAF score there, my dude

FCs: 45 | 62 | 29 | 68 | 41 | 85 | 48 | 47 | 85 | 46 | 89 | O211 204/211 | Total 645/660
Cabanon  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2021 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

slowly building your way up there. congratz on 900k !

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2021 12:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats on finally nailing the 900k! It definitely took some work, but your consistency was truly amazing. Being able to repeatedly get within 15k of your high/goal on a song like TTFAF is bonkers. Looking forward to that Twin FC, and possibly random lucky snake FC!

As well as the potential for another certain FC :)

Edit: As I was saying..
Holy cow! That happened really fast! I mean, I know you've had it on the radar for years, but I don't remember if you ever really got close or just kinda waved it off as too annoying.
Definitely an awesome FC and now you're just one away from 640 hopefully this last one doesn't stump you for too long

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2021 7:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jellu wrote:

Thanks! I just saw that your TTFAF score is just over 800k... what gives? You could easily get 930k+ if you put your mind to it! I know you're probably more focused on FCs, but TTFAF is just one of those songs people like to come back to again and again for those new high scores. Either way, I understand if you have no desire to go for a high score when an FC is so clearly off the table. It can be a consistency nightmare, lol.

Cabanon wrote:

Thanks! 900k was the last big score barrier for me, although I can certainly push my score higher. If I hit everything that's possible for me, 930k isn't out of the question. But that'll probably have to wait for another time, I need a break from super hard stuff lol

JohnnyGrey wrote:
Congrats on finally nailing the 900k! It definitely took some work, but your consistency was truly amazing. Being able to repeatedly get within 15k of your high/goal on a song like TTFAF is bonkers. Looking forward to that Twin FC, and possibly random lucky snake FC!

As well as the potential for another certain FC :)

Edit: As I was saying..
Holy cow! That happened really fast! I mean, I know you've had it on the radar for years, but I don't remember if you ever really got close or just kinda waved it off as too annoying.
Definitely an awesome FC and now you're just one away from 640 hopefully this last one doesn't stump you for too long

Thanks! I grinded pretty hard for that score, and idk if my consistency at 860k+ is impressive or sad, lol. As always, TTFAF is kind of all about getting that one "magic run" where everything comes together. Only this time, "everything" really means nearly everything. At least for me, I could really only miss 2 or 3 times outside of b1, the solo, and the snake, and even in the solo I had to hit most of it. Hence why I once said it felt like grinding for the FC, in a way, lol. I would certainly love to FC twin solo, I'm super close. Snake... is another story. It would definitely take a fluke. B1 would be amazing too but I ain't holding my breath.

As for that other certain FC... yeah idk what to say haha. It definitely came sooner/easier than I expected, seeing as I barely hit the end trills a few days ago. Somehow by today they were consistent. Weird how that works out lol. I think the reason it took so long to get was that that section always felt so out of reach, and until recently I may have been too afraid to take stuff like that into practice to really learn it. But at this point, I don't have very much left, so RaBl it is! That 640 mark is certainly tantalizing. I very much hope to reach that this year. Who knows what'll get me there though, I have quite a few (very difficult and annoying) options!

EDIT: 1/25/21- Wow. I keep surprising myself lately. Raining Blood FC, #68 for GH3, and 639/660. It still feels weird to say that. Most people would say this FC was way overdue for me, and I would probably agree that it was the easiest FC I had left, but not by much. Considering my last FC in the game was in the summer of 2009, it feels extremely strange to add a new FC almost 12 years later. But here we are.

Flood has always been a huge roadblock for me going for this FC, and I never even attempted to learn it until maybe 2014. I started getting decent progress, even having one run fc'd up to the "easy" part of flood, but those last trills always eluded me. I practiced the section a lot more last year, FCing it on slow for the first time, and I started hitting parts of the ending on FS, mostly by elbow strumming everything. About a week ago, I hit the entire ending for the first time. In the last two days I probably hit it another ten times. I never did hit the entire section, until today! In a real run! That's right, my FC run was also the first time I hit Flood, lol. I definitely knew I was close, given that I had two runs last night with only one miss, after which I FC'd the ending trills. But mosh 1 was being too much of a pain, and I had to stop. Luckily today, after JohnnyGrey and Mr.Scientist convinced me to stream, I got the FC in just under half an hour! So glad the grind wasn't too bad, and I'm incredibly proud of this FC. I'm not sure if it's better than Speeding, but it's certainly one of my most satisfying FCs.

RaBl 100% FC vid- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M8YHyAMKfUM&feature=youtu.be

Not sure what to go for next, but I'll probably jump back to work on the H FSFC for a little while.
2:59 alexhaz64: I'm like 6th place on that song
2:59 alexhaz64: pretty neat
2:59 alexhaz64: :p
2:59 JohnnyGrey: No Alex, I don't care how good your score is
2:59 JohnnyGrey: DAMMIT
2:59 alexhaz64: XD
alexhaz64 flexes
2:59 psxfreak101: too slow on the trigger there, boyo
2:59 alexhaz64: that seems to be the case all night
2:59 JohnnyGrey: I've been too slow a few times tonight
2:59 JohnnyGrey: GDSAKj hfask
2:59 psxfreak101: XD
2:59 alexhaz64: LMAO
2:59 alexhaz64: OMG
psxfreak101 actua-loling

Last edited by alexhaz64 on Mon Apr 25, 2022 5:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
Ontwikseltsaar  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2021 8:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Haha holy crap. Casual RaBl FC. First time FCing Flood!, no big deal.

That's... that's about the most efficient way to go about this. Congrats! Definitely very deserved.

Also, it definitely says something about how TtFaF is on another level that we can have the same number of GH3X FCs and your TtFaF score is about 250k higher than mine Awesome job on that too.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Ontwikseltsaar
Jellu  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2021 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

alexhaz64 wrote:
Jellu wrote:

Thanks! I just saw that your TTFAF score is just over 800k... what gives? You could easily get 930k+ if you put your mind to it! I know you're probably more focused on FCs, but TTFAF is just one of those songs people like to come back to again and again for those new high scores. Either way, I understand if you have no desire to go for a high score when an FC is so clearly off the table. It can be a consistency nightmare, lol.

Well yeah that's it, I think TTFAF is one of the 3 songs in the core series that belongs to the revered "not in a million years" -category so I'm not interested in working on it, other than getting the tech FC.

But on topic, RaBl is a nice one, although arguably a bit overdue. But Flood is pretty difficult and it's a pretty unique section so it definitely deserves some recognition. Congratulations! And getting your first Flood FC on an FC run is a boss move now you're just 2 FCs behind me, say, IYWPPFW and TDWF. It's starting to get pretty difficult soon as the only things left are the God-tier FCs and some very difficult ones you personally struggle with for whatever reason. How far do you think you can go?

FCs: 45 | 62 | 29 | 68 | 41 | 85 | 48 | 47 | 85 | 46 | 89 | O211 204/211 | Total 645/660
LlamaYip  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2021 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And with that, my best shot at getting an FC that you don't have is gone. A little overdue but a GH3X FC in 2021 is still reason to celebrate! Loved watching the videos are your reactions are always so joyful, lol. Even though I have said this multiple times to you, I'm going to post here so the whole community can see: you should give Fast Solo A a shot and see what you can come up with. Maybe you'll surprise yourself!

View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: LlamaYip Wii Friend Code: 6484459093164883
FL4RE  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2021 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice job with this one. Goddamn GH3 engine sucks arse

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2021 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

niceee do u see one or ttfaf happening first?
LlamaYip  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2021 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ambrgarden wrote:
niceee do u see one or ttfaf happening first?
He's going to get One first, then TTFAF.

View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: LlamaYip Wii Friend Code: 6484459093164883
Voidedlefty  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2021 2:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

alexhaz64 wrote:

Cabanon wrote:

Thanks! 900k was the last big score barrier for me, although I can certainly push my score higher. If I hit everything that's possible for me, 930k isn't out of the question. But that'll probably have to wait for another time, I need a break from super hard stuff lol

That was literally my opinion for days when I was trying to pass arvain on TTFAF SH HDrums. Up until I got my first 900K, and then finally passed him. It's always nothing short of a miracle when it finally happens, but damn if it doesn't feel good.

GH Accomplishments
RB Accomplishments

FC count: 9
Mr.Scientist  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2021 3:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Damn it's been a while since I've posted here. Still amazed at the crazy GH3 streak you've been on lately, TTFAF H FC, X 900k, and now Raining Blood FC. All amazing achievements for sure. Mix that with all the reFCs and other H stuff you've been doing, definitely keeping yourself busy on the GH front. :P

Keep going, 2021 is still young!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2021 3:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I shouldn't have wandered back on here, now I want to buy an xbox and gh3 again to try to FC RABL

Damn good job, those trills haven't gotten any slower over the years
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: ESC57
Cabanon  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2021 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

elScarecrow wrote:
I shouldn't have wandered back on here, now I want to buy an xbox and gh3 again to try to FC RABL

Damn good job, those trills haven't gotten any slower over the years

do it.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 145, 146, 147 ... 150, 151, 152  Next
Page 146 of 152

Jump to: