Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
BobDole's Guitar (Decontrol FC 45/47)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21, 22, 23

View previous topic :: View next topic  
BobDole  

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2016 3:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I would have had a really hard time giving up this game without at least getting this one...it's just too much easier than the others. It's also easily the most bullshit-y and the least fun of the 3 I had left, so I'm glad I got it for those reasons as well.

To be clear, I'm not giving up yet...I can get the last 2 (Get Ready 2 Rokk and Bark at the Moon), and I intend to put more effort towards them in the coming days and weeks. But if I get too frustrated with them and nothing is happening, I will eventually move on to GH2 without feeling too bad about it. With GH2 I will surely be going hard at The Light That Blinds and Trogdor. Hangar 18 will get some attention too of course, but I'll probably mostly ignore Jordan. I just don't think that one's feasible for me yet.

Should I go for Trippolette? According to the FC breakdown, it should be within my reach at this point (it's ranked between Decontrol and Get Ready 2 Rokk, though I think it looks harder than the latter). I'm not sure if I've ever played it in GH1, though I'm familiar with the chart to some extent.

Decontrol FC

Oh yeah, and I got really close on Bark at the Moon recently. Proof positive that I can FC it right there...I'm not sure if it will actually happen though.

Quote:
Outstanding FC man. Makes me wish I had GH1 again ._.
Seriously, you should have a higher FC count than me with FC's like that happening.

Thank you! I'm not so sure about that though...pretty much everything in your signature is borderline impossible for me (and I've done none of it). I think I'm just unusually good at the early games for some reason.

voidedalive2x  

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2016 4:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great job on Decontrol!

Whenever I've played BatM (or played along with a vid), it seems easy enough to do either the strumming speed or the fretting, but almost impossible for me to both at the same time. I really salute anyone who can do both, especially with GH1's engine.

GH accomps: FFWF, DE, Battery HDrums FCs! HDrums 46/49!!
RB accomps: RB3 MDrums FGFC! RB3 MOMBFGFC!
Old Youtube, New Youtube | I do Twitch, now!
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger PSN Name: vVv_Voided
UltraHeroABC5  

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2016 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great job with Decontrol! I think you could get Trippolette at this point. Also, nice job with Bark At The Moon. GR2R is just a pain to get, but I also think you can get that at the point you are at, since your last update for that song was really close. Good job and good luck
alexhaz64  

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2016 10:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like the GH1 God is tearing it up yet again! I'm not too surprised, anyone who can get FIU can FGFC imo. Especially seeing that BatM video, that's crazy impressive. Am I crazy or were you using hopos there? I've never seriously gone for an FC of the song but I feel like that might be a good avenue to consider if I did...

Good luck on the FGFC!
2:59 alexhaz64: I'm like 6th place on that song
2:59 alexhaz64: pretty neat
2:59 alexhaz64: :p
2:59 JohnnyGrey: No Alex, I don't care how good your score is
2:59 JohnnyGrey: DAMMIT
2:59 alexhaz64: XD
alexhaz64 flexes
2:59 psxfreak101: too slow on the trigger there, boyo
2:59 alexhaz64: that seems to be the case all night
2:59 JohnnyGrey: I've been too slow a few times tonight
2:59 JohnnyGrey: GDSAKj hfask
2:59 psxfreak101: XD
2:59 alexhaz64: LMAO
2:59 alexhaz64: OMG
psxfreak101 actua-loling
BobDole  

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2016 3:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you everybody! I've been mostly working on Trippolette recently; I made a GH1 custom disc last week that swaps in Trippolette for Sail Your Ship By (and also adds Graveyard Shift in place of Story of My Love). IMO those are the two most useless songs in the game, so I won't miss them (though I was lazy and didn't change the song title/artist text in the game, so I'll probably remake the custom disc soon to address that). For those who don't know, this is not cheating; it's basically just a much more convenient version of what the Gameshark/AR code would do. The songs are already on the disc, but not normally accessible; all I did was swap them into the places of accessible songs.

Anyway, I have claimed a Graveyard Shift FC for a long time, but technically I did that in GH2...now I have a real Graveyard Shift FC that I can (and did) enter a score for. Trippolette is going ok...I'm up to 210k and 99% and I'm gradually getting better at the solo. I'm not really that close to the FC now but I think I'll get there. Right now I'm semi-consistently making it past the first 3 measures (the descending triplets) and getting decent combos throughout (although I hate those damn pinky trills). And I now see how it is indeed easier than Get Ready 2 Rokk. At least technically speaking; I'm still far more likely to FC GR2R or even BatM right at this moment because I know them so much better, but somehow I feel like Trippolette is going to end up being my next FC.

To keep myself playing GH1 as long as possible, I have been working on improving my scores on the side/as warm-up...I'm basically just going down the community breakdown list and re-FCing everything with the no-squeeze path (because I can't squeeze). I'm about halfway through the game at this point and I've been able to improve the vast majority of my old scores, which were done either with no path or with a very poor application of the upper-bound path.

One funny fact about my scores...my lowest rank by far is on Fire It Up (991st) because I FCed it with no star power. I also have a non-6 star score for Get Ready 2 Rokk (which is a 100% overstrum) for the same reason; that's ranked 501st (my second lowest rank; I'm also 496th on Spanish Castle Magic with an FC). I'm reluctant to enter higher scores for them because I don't really like seeing the green 99%.

Quote:
anyone who can get FIU can FGFC imo

You really think so? That gives me some more hope...I guess Fire It Up does have the craziest/most random solo in the game; Bark at the Moon is a lot more straightforward, though still undeniably harder because of the extreme speed. I am using HOPOs in the fast part (I'm actually tapping it) and it is a good method. I remember that Marbler FCed it that way...also here is a quote from him (via nunovanhalen commenting on my Cowboys from Hell FC video years ago):

"The trick is to hug the fretboard. If you do it right, you press the second button in the hopo sequence, without releasing the first one, and you don't even notice it. That's all that matters, you don't have to actually anchor it."

I bring this quote in because this is exactly how I feel when I'm hitting it. And I was thinking basically that same thing before I even remembered that he said that. I'm not quite anchoring (at least not on purpose)...but on all of my more successful runs I am fretting it very deliberately and tight to the fretboard. I also kinda feel like I have to play it slightly slower than I think I should to hit it, though maybe this is just because I have a tendency to rush.

I was just looking at the community breakdown project's final thread, and unless the GH1 songs are just being overrated, I guess I really am abnormally good at this game...even Frankenstein (which I've re-FCed recently on a random casual run like it was nothing) is ranked above new-school songs that I've never even been all that close on, like Burn and Mr. Crowley. Cowboys from Hell is considered harder than both Hot for Teacher charts. And Fire It Up is ranked just above Sudden Death (that one just blows my mind) and several other songs that I consider to be well beyond my abilities.

One last thing...I just realized that if I do FGFC GH1, I will have exactly 200/211...and only 599/660 (I'm currently at 198/597). Is that weird? I feel like it is. I know 200 is pretty hard to get, because I already have lots of great FCs in the O211 and my only real weak spots are The Light That Blinds in GH2 and Round and Round in GH80s (and those aren't even easy songs at all). The way I see it, if you get all the "easy" (i.e. not top-level) FCs in each of the O211 games, you have 40/56/24/67 = 187 FCs. That's already pretty impressive by itself I think, but then you need to get at least 13 from among the hardest songs in each game (which comprises 24 total songs the way I look at it). I'm really not sure what the similar analysis would be for 600/660...anyone care to write on that? I would be curious to know. Like what kind of FCs do normal people get at 600 and what kind of counts for each game are you supposed to have?

And because I will move on to GH2 once I'm done with GH1...if I do manage the GH1 FGFC, The Light That Blinds would then be highly likely to be my 600th. Either that or Trogdor; I don't have high hopes for Hangar 18 (though as a huge Megadeth fan, I would love to get it) and Jordan is probably not happening.

I don't believe in tl;dr, but I do apologize for the length of this...I didn't really plan on writing this much.

alexhaz64  

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2016 9:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BobDole wrote:
I'm really not sure what the similar analysis would be for 600/660...anyone care to write on that? I would be curious to know. Like what kind of FCs do normal people get at 600 and what kind of counts for each game are you supposed to have?.

I may not be the best marker considering I am similar to you (better at old school than new) but I'll try to break it down. In my opinion, there is somewhat of a divide when it comes to "possible" FCs in each game. 44/60/28/67/41/85/48/47/85/44/85, or 634/660, give or take. (perhaps not coincidentally this is my current FC total XD)

If we were to scale it back to 600/660, I would probably put the totals at 40/56/24/67/40/81/44/45/82/41/80

Those new school totals are definitely doable for you. In fact if anything the totals for WT, SH, and VH are probably too low. But based on your old school cutoffs I think this is probably the most accurate road to 600. The difference between 634 and 600 in this case is stuff like Love Removal Machine in WT, All Nightmare Long in GHM, Raining Blood in GHSH, DWEDFN in GH5, Little Guitars in GHVH, and Nemesis in WoR. To me those are probably the easiest songs left in each new school game based on those totals. Not sure how you are with those songs/games but I think thats a reasonable assessment.
alexhaz64 flexes
psxfreak101 actua-loling
BobDole  

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2016 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you very much for the breakdown; I'm definitely going to be using that as I go through all the games trying to pick up FCs. It is going to be a slow process; it will probably be months before I even get to the new-school games at all. This is because I intend to grind each individual game intensely, in the belief that immersion in just one engine at a time will increase my chances of getting new FCs. I think this is especially true for GH1 since it's so wonky, but I will attempt to apply the theory to the other games as well. Based on your numbers for 600, here's where I stand:

+5/+4/+2/0/+1/-5/-7/0/0/-1/-2

This makes my relative old-school strength (on the Harmonix games in particular) clear and reveals my biggest weak spots by far to be GHWT (-5) and GHM (-7). That didn't surprise me. What did is that I'm not as far behind on GHWoR as I thought I would be; I've never been all that satisfied with my 78/93 there.

Even after I get 600 (hopefully within the old-school games...I imagine I'll at least pick up The Light That Blinds and Round and Round, which would be 599 minimum), I'm still going to make it a goal to get to 0 or better on all of those numbers; beyond that I guess I'll be looking towards the 634 numbers. Those specific FCs you mention all sound hard, but not impossible...they're all within my skill level I think. And I already have Little Guitars. Just for fun, my (mostly) deficits from the 634 numbers:

+1/0/-2/0/0/-9/-11/-2/-3/-4/-7

So I'm kinda far away on that, but I do have the numbers on a few of the games (and even a +1 on GH1 because of Fire It Up) so maybe I'll get there someday. Not soon though. I must say, I'm a little surprised that Raining Blood on GH3 still isn't expected at that level when you're supposed to have "FGFC minus one" on several of the new-school games; it just seems like it would be.

By the way, I think I'm going to make a thread in the guitar forum on this topic (i.e. the expected FCs in each game to reach 200/211 and 600/660)...I think it should make for a fascinating and helpful discussion, particularly for those like me who are approaching these goals.

alexhaz64  

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2016 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll admit I just suck especially hard at RaBl in GH3. I have Hangar 18 instead for 200/211, and I'm also missing 21CSM for the GH5 FGFC. I would say then that 635 might be a good round number to separate "possible" from "impossible" :p

Of course, then you have some intermediary FCs, like BiM, BatH/H18, GR2R, Eruption/Spanish Fly, and WoR songs that aren't the top 4, lol. Perhaps the curve is a lot more gradual than one might think. Personally though all of those songs are quite clearly a cut above anything I have...
alexhaz64 flexes
psxfreak101 actua-loling
suhdude024  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2016 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great work on Decontrol, that motherfucker gave me so much trouble back in the day. So many 100% overstrums. Keep up the FC's!

All this GH1 talk is motivating me to break out the old sg for some squeezing
Ambrgarden  

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2021 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

where are u bro
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21, 22, 23
Page 23 of 23

Jump to: