Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
JG's Thread: Holy Wars FC #85/611
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 67, 68, 69

View previous topic :: View next topic  
alexhaz64  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2023 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GG on the Electric Eye FC! I know it has been somewhat doable for a while now, but to see you clutch it out is still super impressive. It was my 28th 80s FC for a reason lol. I still think you should give PWM a serious try, you came super close the other day. 28/30 is sooo doable for you! Would be cool to be tied in a game again :p
2:59 alexhaz64: I'm like 6th place on that song
2:59 alexhaz64: pretty neat
2:59 alexhaz64: :p
2:59 JohnnyGrey: No Alex, I don't care how good your score is
2:59 JohnnyGrey: DAMMIT
2:59 alexhaz64: XD
alexhaz64 flexes
2:59 psxfreak101: too slow on the trigger there, boyo
2:59 alexhaz64: that seems to be the case all night
2:59 JohnnyGrey: I've been too slow a few times tonight
2:59 JohnnyGrey: GDSAKj hfask
2:59 psxfreak101: XD
2:59 alexhaz64: LMAO
2:59 alexhaz64: OMG
psxfreak101 actua-loling
JohnnyGrey  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2023 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks everyone. Eventually I might consider going through GHTV on CH if I ever get a new computer, but I also don't like GHL lol.
21CSM is so hard, I have plenty of better options until I need to worry about that.

Thanks for the bump Alex, I guess I should give PWM more serious consideration now, but I don't know how confident I am about solo A, D, and chorus 5. But we'll see!

March 7, 2023
Been a while. Mostly been doing lots of RB3 DLC/RBN. Decided to play GH80s again and managed to grind out Electric Eye. Quite a tough song, and I was having a lot of trouble doing anything in real runs, but eventually it all came together. I'd like to get Seventeen, since solo 2 is pretty consistent for me now, but 1C just isn't happening right now.
Video

March 14, 2023
So 1C finally clicked. Just had to get used to the strumming speed and decide what to strum and what to hopo. Basically strummed all the blues outside of the OBY trips, and then decided strumming through the yellows was easier than starting and stopping. Took two chokes, one in the chorus, and one in the very end before the last big zigzag. Overall not too bad, and easier than EE I think

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2023 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not even gonna update your thread for YCSRIA FC? Guess it's nbd...

Except it kind of is a big deal! Solo 1D is one of the fastest and most complex tapping sections in all of GH. I'm glad you found a hybrid method that worked for you (although sliding 1 so much sounds incredibly painful), and that the FC came pretty quickly overall. Definitely hard to find grinds like that these days.

610/660 is a pretty nice milestone as well, although I know you can definitely get more than that if you put your mind to it. 85 FCs in WoR would be pretty sick as well, but I know Holy Wars isn't exactly your ideal grind.

Oh also congrats again on Seventeen! I know I commented on the youtube vid, but it still deserves recognition here. It's definitely no pushover, and your grind definitely attests to that. You deserved that FC for sure
alexhaz64 flexes
2:59 alexhaz64: LMAO
2:59 alexhaz64: OMG
psxfreak101 actua-loling
JohnnyGrey  

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2023 4:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Alex! I swear if I were 15 years younger, I'd get a more sophisticated stream setup and probably get at least like 5 extra viewers solely because of my dumb/unique methods.
Yeah 610 is good enough where if I absolutely had to stop playing I'd be okay with the number. 615 is a near future/"realistic" last goal, and 620 would definitely feel great and if I could manage that I'd say Okay that's enough, I'm done.
Of course we know that those numbers and feelings are very subject to change, but at least that's what I think at this moment.

May 8, 2023
Oh yeah I got YCSRIA a few days ago. This has been a work in progress for quite a while now. I had the tapping method down for a bit, but would never be 100% consistent. Luckily my new "PS3" (aka Wii + adapter) guitar seemed to work much better, and I was able to get the FC really quickly.
Video: https://youtu.be/5Mp-o8Lcu3c
Speaking of new guitar, the reason I decided to get an adapter was because i was able to get access to all the GH DLC on PS3. So I've been spending most of the past week or so plowing through that. Hard to know exactly where I want to get as far as a FC count, but I'm hoping for at least a preliminary 400 FCs out of 496(?), which should be more than reasonable. I'm just shy of 200 right now, so I still have plenty of songs to play.

April 5, 2024
Decided I was overdue for some punishment, and decided to grind this a few days ago. Turns out the strumming riff is not nearly as bad as I remember, and the 'worst' of it is fairly short and in the first minute. Once I figured that out, FCing to the solo was much easier, and it was only a matter of not being dumb and then not being dumb during the solo. Most solo runs ended in NML B, but I had at least one in C, and one before the very last slide in D, that was about 20 minutes before the FC.
Everything else in this game is ridiculous, and I'd say If you want Peace is the most likely in all honesty, but I'm apparently terrible at the opening hopo riff, so that doesn't seem likely at all. There's a few other songs I've been wanting to revisit, so maybe you'll see some updates soon. 615 sounds nice, but 620 would definitely be a comfortable place to stop

In other news, the initial DLC phase is finally over, and I'm sitting at 438/496, so 58 songs, which includes the other FB chart, and GH3 and WT versions of the Death Magnetic songs I haven't gotten. Might try to clean up to get it down to 50 at some point

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2024 4:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice job on Holy Wars! I knew it wasn't as hard as you previously made it out to be. That choke was painful but I'm glad it didn't take too much longer to FC. Nice that you got your 2024 FC out of the way already, but I get the feeling it won't be your only one though ;)

As crazy as it is to say, I actually agree with you that IYWP is probably the next easiest song in WoR. That being said, you have so many easier options to go for in other games. SAF definitely seems to be next on your radar, and I know you were really close to Scatterbrain at one point. Of course I will always say that TWIE and BYOB are by far the easiest songs you have left but I don't think you'd ever agree with that haha
alexhaz64 flexes