ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Double strums caused by HO/POs?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Guitar/Bass
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Huwonk  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2006 4:28 pm    Post subject: Double strums caused by HO/POs? Reply with quote

I decided today during my lunch break at work that I'd go home and set new scores for Godzilla and Cochise. I kept breaking my combos on BOTH songs. On Godzilla it was the BOB part in between the chords in the beginning, and on Cochise it was the R in the step down in the main riff. I tested it a few times and while I'm sure this has been mentioned, if you hit the hammer-on/pull-off perfectly, and strum the note, the hammer-on activates and the strum counts as a missed note. Has anyone else had this problem?

I'm mostly just mad because I hit the entire chord solo in Cochise for the first time and then broke my FC on one of the easy parts... and then again... and again... I couldn't believe it.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2006 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For this exact reason I've pretty much sworn off ever playing Cochise again, except instead of the R in the step down (which does give me trouble too), it's the BO parts in the main riff that make me want to murder this song. I was able to 5* it and I've only tried it once since and I pretty much refuse to go back to it.

I REALLY wish HO/PO's could be turned off.
Squirrel  

Location: Wyano, PA (Come visit! My gameroom is always open.)

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2006 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SixStringSlut wrote:
For this exact reason I've pretty much sworn off ever playing Cochise again, except instead of the R in the step down (which does give me trouble too), it's the BO parts in the main riff that make me want to murder this song. I was able to 5* it and I've only tried it once since and I pretty much refuse to go back to it.

Agreed 100%. I hope this is an option in GH2.
Huwonk  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2006 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SixStringSlut wrote:

I think it's worth noting that HO/PO are supposed to be easier to hit in GH2 (per John Tam), but I agree... Since it is much easier to strum than try to hit HO/PO when aiming for accuracy, there should be option to turn it off. I do feel like a badass when I hit a bunch of consecutive pull-offs in the Trippolette solo, though.

Location: Wyano, PA (Come visit! My gameroom is always open.)

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2006 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Huwonk wrote:
SixStringSlut wrote:

I think it's worth noting that HO/PO are supposed to be easier to hit in GH2 (per John Tam), but I agree... Since it is much easier to strum than try to hit HO/PO when aiming for accuracy, there should be option to turn it off. I do feel like a badass when I hit a bunch of consecutive pull-offs in the Trippolette solo, though.

you and your long fingers

I take it you're talking about the O/Y/R part of the solo.
Huwonk  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2006 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Squirrel wrote:
Huwonk wrote:
SixStringSlut wrote:

you and your long fingers

I take it you're talking about the O/Y/R part of the solo.

Yeah, all of the triplets (or trippolettes el-oh-el) in the beginning of the solo.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2006 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yea, I made a post about this in the CFH expert FAQ thread. Nobody noticed it happened until now. This is why I get bleeps on CFH.

dspoonrt  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2006 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This kept happening to me while playing Frankenstein last night. I was getting pissed. I would adjust during those parts and just use a HO, but then I would eventually miss one of those. Frustrating.

"Power Surge," "Funk You," "Grindsaw Groove," and "DisorderlyConduct"
- all charted by dspoonrt

Sephi  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2006 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's actually my main problem on Texas Flood. The four-note pull offs. I strum each note. It's weird, because sometimes when I'm in the groove, I'll actually pull-off the first two notes, then strum the second. It freaks me out to strum three times and hit the entire sequence.
Ral  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2006 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If your keep accidently hitting HO/POs majority of the time, try to forget about strumming and just HO/PO it. I had this problem with the Cowboys from Hell main riff. I didn't strum where I kept messing up and ended up doing better than before.
Sephi  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2006 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That would probably make my life much easier, and yet I never would have thought to do it. Thanks!
Huwonk  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ral wrote:
If your keep accidently hitting HO/POs majority of the time, try to forget about strumming and just HO/PO it. I had this problem with the Cowboys from Hell main riff. I didn't strum where I kept messing up and ended up doing better than before.

I followed this advice and posted a 20K increase to Cochise (couldn't 100% the chord solo again.) Thanks.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Guitar/Bass All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: