ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Very specific parts of CFH

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Guitar/Bass
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JHetfield0816  

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2006 6:15 am    Post subject: Very specific parts of CFH Reply with quote

Ok, I really want to make an improvement on CBH expert. Which means I really need to nail the YBY RR riff every single time. Right now, I'd say I got it about 60% of the time. I even figured it out so I can completely control the strumming so that I can play it...like if that part was isolated, I'd nail it every time. But for some reason, when I go from the GY chord to YBY RR...sometimes it tells me I'm wrong and that I missed, and I can't understand why!! It doesn't even make a "dink" sounds! It's quite infuriating, and it doesn't happen every time. Anyone have any ideas or suggestions?

Also, this other question goes out to people who can hit the BYRRYBBYRRYB part of the solo...I know it's sextuplets..but do you alternate strum them or do HO/PO? I can't seem to get good control of it when I alternate strum it, as well as during the transition to the YB chord following. Do you have to strum faster than you think?

"The resistance that you fight physically in the gym and the resistance that you fight in life can only build a strong character." - Arnold
popemobile  

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2006 7:14 am    Post subject: Re: Very specific parts of CFH Reply with quote

JHetfield0816 wrote:
Also, this other question goes out to people who can hit the BYRRYBBYRRYB part of the solo...I know it's sextuplets..but do you alternate strum them or do HO/PO? I can't seem to get good control of it when I alternate strum it, as well as during the transition to the YB chord following. Do you have to strum faster than you think?

I've done both alt strumming and HO/PO's...and both seem to work for me, although lately I've been doing alt more. I've gotten that part quite a bit
ES942  

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2006 2:45 pm    Post subject: Re: Very specific parts of CFH Reply with quote

JHetfield0816 wrote:
Ok, I really want to make an improvement on CBH expert. Which means I really need to nail the YBY RR riff every single time. Right now, I'd say I got it about 60% of the time. I even figured it out so I can completely control the strumming so that I can play it...like if that part was isolated, I'd nail it every time. But for some reason, when I go from the GY chord to YBY RR...sometimes it tells me I'm wrong and that I missed, and I can't understand why!! It doesn't even make a "dink" sounds! It's quite infuriating, and it doesn't happen every time. Anyone have any ideas or suggestions?

if you alternate strum the YBYRR riff, then most likely you are strumming extra because you don't know when to end up. you also might be switching to the GY chord too fast and then missing the second R altogether.

about the BYRRYB, i don't get that all the time, and i honestly don't know why, but i can't really help you there.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2006 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok i can't sleep so i'm back...nah i don't alternate strum the whole thing. like i calculated the strumming so i know i start down before each YBY RR part, and i always HO/PO the YBY so that it's one strum, and then alternate strum the RR part. so it has nothing to do with confusion about strumming direction..it just keeps telling me i miss somewhere between the GY chord and YBY and i don't know why. i never miss during the actual YBY RR part itself. like is there a good thing to focus on there so that i somehow don't miss after the GY chord? i really don't know what's going on, and it's costing me a really high score, and i want to feel confident that i'll get that part every time.

my fingering on the GY chord is 1-2, and for the YBY RR, i do 232 11
i feel so alone with this particular problem...

"The resistance that you fight physically in the gym and the resistance that you fight in life can only build a strong character." - Arnold
ES942  

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2006 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i guess just emphasize the GY before the YBYRR so you are positive you are hitting it.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2006 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I alt strum/ HO/PO this part and I make sure to get my ring finger off of the B note as fast as possible and I hit this at least 80% of the time. I just need to figure out how to consistantly get the main riff, and I'm set for 5*. *glares at his 208,000 score*.

JHetfield0816  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2006 4:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ES942 wrote:
i guess just emphasize the GY before the YBYRR so you are positive you are hitting it.

ok, i'll give that a shot...thanks ES!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Guitar/Bass All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: