ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Guitar Hero Events Website
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Tournaments and Events
View previous topic :: View next topic  
wuLFe  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 6:51 pm    Post subject: Guitar Hero Events Website Reply with quote

New functionality added

You can now remove yourself from an event you have signed up - you can also change your password off the main page (under Logout)

I have also added a new feature to reset and e-mail out a forgotten password.

End new functionality

Hi folks

I have finally finished phase 1 development on the Guitar Hero Events website, and have moved it to production. The website can be found at
http://www.ghevents.net

Basically, you'll need to register (I recommend using the same username you have on scorehero so that everybody will recognize you), and thereafter, when an event comes up that interests you, you can just use the "Sign Up" link to sign up for it.

Certain events (particularly those with limited spots available) require administrator approval before you will be signed up for the event. This will all be displayed on the main screen - if, after attempting signup:
the leftmost cell is lightblue, your signup is pending administrator approval,
the leftmost cell is green, your signup is approved,
the leftmost cell is red, your signup is denied

After your signup has been approved, you will be able to click on the "scores" link to input scores for all rounds which are current (ie : todays date is between the start and end date of the round). Once the round is over, results will be available (this functionality is still pending, but should be available by the end of the 80s sightreading contest)

Please feel free to reply in this thread with any enhancements, bugs, criticisms, PRAISE!!!, criticism , or anything else you might like to add.

Thanks for your interest, and heres hoping that this application can save all the league organizers a whole bunch of time, and make it simple for league participants to enter scores, and get the results!

Last edited by wuLFe on Wed Jul 25, 2007 3:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: wuLFe79 PSN Name: wuLFe
cwo04  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

now registered

Yay! First bug to report ... The remember me for next time doesn't work ...

thedrunkenkovinc wrote:
"That IS how ScoreHero...much more than WoWHero...fucking pussy WoW......do it."
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
CrimsonBlaziken  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, I've registered.

Can I just say that dedicating your own time to make this for the league organizers is truly amazing! I'm sure they will appreciate your efforts in trying to save their time and sanity.

As for any improvements, perhaps a little information link describing what the event is for and who can sign up or not (due to regional releases being at different times etc.).

Current Goal:
- Post some more on SH!
- Fail less.
View user's profile Send private message XBL Gamertag: CrimsonSH PSN Name: Phaaze Wii Friend Code: 5402889825468002
youhas  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This looks all kinds of slick! Fantastically awesome, sir.

Minor UI quibble: even though it says "Click on an event for more details", it took me a while to follow through - there was no arrow turning into a hand, or text changing color, or anything to otherwise suggest that no, seriously, you're doing it right, just click, moron. I get it now... but any sort of mouseover event would probably be a sage idea. (Unless there is one and I just didn't see it in Netscape, natch.)

But to reiterate: awful sharp site right there! Thanks much for bringing this to fruition!

Amusing the world 140 characters at a time: http://www.twitter.com/youhas
cwo04  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great site and I've signed up for expert sightread... so we get 2 months to get one run at every song? (by looking at the start/end dates)

thedrunkenkovinc wrote:
"That IS how ScoreHero...much more than WoWHero...fucking pussy WoW......do it."
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
thecaptainof  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

youhas wrote:

Yep, that. Good work man.

yksi-kaksi-kolme wrote:
Wow Mr. Mad, who fucked your buffalo?
CornPop1  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

site looks awesome Wulfe, signed up for Hard Sightreading

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

youhas wrote:

Minor UI quibble: even though it says "Click on an event for more details", it took me a while to follow through - there was no arrow turning into a hand, or text changing color, or anything to otherwise suggest that no, seriously, you're doing it right, just click, moron. I get it now... but any sort of mouseover event would probably be a sage idea. (Unless there is one and I just didn't see it in Netscape, natch.)

But to reiterate: awful sharp site right there! Thanks much for bringing this to fruition!

Nice work!
I agree with youhas a little too - i actually submitted for the expert 80s a couple times, cuz i didn't really get how/where to see confirmation - but figured it out in 30sec (eons in internet years though)

But this is definitely a great idea and my hat is off to you.
and Thank You

Visit www.rockoutproductions.com to see what all the buzz is about
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: Jerrid DOMN8R
Ice  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 11:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Wulfe, is there a way to unselect the difficulty. I didn't mean to select the one yet. Or if you could just take me out of it as I still haven't decided which difficulty I wanna play in. Thanks.

EDIT: Nevermind Wulfe, I'll just stay in hard. Thanks for working so hard to get this out, it is greatly appreciated.

Last edited by Ice on Sun Jul 22, 2007 1:25 am; edited 1 time in total
Azraelkain  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 11:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow WuLFe, nice site. I've registered. When will be the deadline for all scores in round one..?
discgolferpro  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 11:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Moved and Stickied in Tournaments and Events

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger XBL Gamertag: DiscGolferPro
McDog3  

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

discgolferpro wrote:
Moved and Stickied in Tournaments and Events

It's not stickied just to let you know.....

But Wulfe, I accidently signed up for Hard as well as Expert and I don't see a way to take my name off the Hard list, which would be nice for stupid people like me who just start clicking on things

16 New Songs Including: The Human Abstract, Avenged Sevenfold, and NoFX...

Download them here!
Azuarc  

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Neat. But can you make the mouse-over cursor for the events a hand rather than an I-beam? I couldn't figure out how to get more info on an event at first, so I just clicked to sign up for one figuring I'd get more info at that point. I realized my folly just after finding that didn't work.
socrstopr  

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the "twist" column gets cut off, even after mouse-over, so you may want to lengthen the display or shorten the message

looks great though, and I can't wait to use it for the sightread comp. Also, I hadn't noticed if you did or not, but if you didn't, you may want to link this from the sightread thread

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

socrstopr wrote:
the "twist" column gets cut off, even after mouse-over, so you may want to lengthen the display or shorten the message

looks great though, and I can't wait to use it for the sightread comp. Also, I hadn't noticed if you did or not, but if you didn't, you may want to link this from the sightread thread

OK - obviously this needs a little more documentation (and the mouseover thing would be nice too )

Anyhow - to answer your questions, I currently don't have functionality to "remove a signup", so really, for now just don't bother submitting scores if you erroneously signed up for an event - I had to kind of rush this out ,so I didn't really have the chance to put in everything that I wanted to.

In terms of the twist being cut off, it IS, BUT if you hover over the twist, the tooltip should have the complete text. Since the twist is a text field, I figured it would take too much space to display everything.

I'm going to see if I can quickly add a mouseover to the grid though, as a lot of people have said it is somewhat confusing.

Thanks for all your input so far guys

-David
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: wuLFe79 PSN Name: wuLFe
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Tournaments and Events All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: