ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Tips for Freya chord repeats

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Guitar/Bass
View previous topic :: View next topic  
catfish  

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2007 5:07 pm    Post subject: Tips for Freya chord repeats Reply with quote

Ive noticed a lot of people on here who absolutely despise Freya because of the chords. Well, if you have trouble with them in the song, here is my way of doing things. Ill go over each of the 3 chord sections of the song.

As far as I know this pisses people off the most.

For green, I just use 1.
Then shift your hand over and use 1 and 3 for the red-blue chord,
and then 2 and 3 for the yellow-blue chord, its so much easier on the hands than using 2/4 and 3/4, believe me.

Strum on the green with 1 and hammer-on to orange with your pinky(4),
and then strum the yellow-blue with 2 and 3.

This is the one I have the most trouble with, but the best way I do it is Use 1 on green, and 1 and 2 on both chords, so after you do green, slide your fingers over then slide it back.

Last edited by catfish on Sat Jul 28, 2007 5:29 pm; edited 3 times in total
DaneH  

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2007 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For the part i just use 1-23-12 repeat, works better for me than sliding, maybe try that?

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2007 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thats what I first tried but I didnt do so well...but seriously, the first chord I mentioned is a LOT easier if you do what I mentioned, but itll probably take a little practice getting used to it, like all techniques.
dreamaddict  

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2007 1:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nah, screw that, use it as an opportunity to get stronger. don't take the shortcut, strengthen those last three fingers and do it the right way.
Iceshark7  

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2007 2:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is also a song on where you'll get better by simply practicing it. Right now, the only parts I myself actually have troubles on is the chunk riff, and the first solo. I have FC:d every section in the Practice mode, Expert, Full Speed, so I'll nail this one down someday.

For the part, I usually use my index finger to the green fret, then I move my pinky to the orange, and then I first descent my ring finger onto the blue, then the middle finger finger onto the yellow, and tend to strum as soon I see the yellow fret flashing up. (The chord is coming fast up enough, and if I fail it, it's more probably because I didn't descent my middle finger early enough.) Basically the same technique catfish was using.

On some horrible days, when I just don't have the stamina to play this bridge, I usually use my teeth to grab the orange fret... Has actually worked on some situations.

And for the part, I use the same technique DaneH just mentioned. The chances of failing this bridge part for me are minor, and if I fail it, I'd probably fail the other parts too.

I think my fingers as a clock here, it goes round and round, only the strumming is which requires some precise timing, and the speed of the "clock".

Finally, for the part, I very rarely fail this. I use my index finger to nail the green, then slide it up onto red, and descent my ring finger onto blue, strum, then lift off my index finger and push my middle finger down onto yellow, and then strum again. Since I love the sound of this riff, it is not easy for me to forget it, thus I feel I can very properly strum it.

The only part I sometimes have troubles on is to end the bridge, because moving my hands from the green a straight way to both blue and orange and then quickly switching to yellow and orange, can't get me to concentrate onto that part fast enough. I only get that part each the second time I try to get a good score from this song, and practicing this part only helps me a little, but still helps.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: iceshark7
Hackelmania13  

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2007 2:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For , try playing it as , it works for me anyways, I'm good at chord changes I guess.
Awarded to the competiters with the lowest ever score differential in a single play-off bracket. During the semi-finals of the Season 3 playoffs, Hackelmania defeated NineInchNails by 1 point (284,654 vs 284,653) on Rock This Town (Hard) to advance to the finals.
SamuraiBilly  

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2007 3:01 am    Post subject: Re: Tips for Freya chord repeats Reply with quote

personally, i think using 1, then 24 and 34 IS easier than 13 23 because you have to slide kinda fast and i lose timing.

i find it easier to skip the hammer and just strum it since it doesn't make much of a difference and helps keep the beat. same fingers though

i don't really see why slide for this. i find this the easiest of them all. do one, then just lift it up and put 23 down then 12. it feels like your messing something up or feels real funny, but it works

moving around a little to the beat helps, even though it sounds stupid and very well might make you look stupid.
5* bonus songs[ ](jordan and six)
Beat Easy and Medium (:])
lucothefish  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's funny, but those aren't the bits I need advice on...

I think if I can nail all 3 SP phrases before the bridge I'll be fine, but I'm struggling to nail the two that involve 3 finger chords. I keep thinking I'm strumming on time, but I never seem to get all the way to the end of the SP phrase without losing my combo. Can anyone help?
catfish  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2007 5:36 pm    Post subject: Re: Tips for Freya chord repeats Reply with quote

SamuraiBilly wrote:

personally, i think using 1, then 24 and 34 IS easier than 13 23 because you have to slide kinda fast and i lose timing.

i find it easier to skip the hammer and just strum it since it doesn't make much of a difference and helps keep the beat. same fingers though

i don't really see why slide for this. i find this the easiest of them all. do one, then just lift it up and put 23 down then 12. it feels like your messing something up or feels real funny, but it works

moving around a little to the beat helps, even though it sounds stupid and very well might make you look stupid.
Like I said, way that I do things. And the sliding thing doesnt really lose you time on the first if you know where your hands are. And about the 3rd chord: Yeah I know its wierd that I slide, I tried not sliding at first, and it didnt work out for me, and the sliding accidentally happened, and I got it for a whiile, so thats just what I stuck with.

I made this to help with people who said that their hands are getting tired and they want a way of passing this thats easier on their hands.
Stevis  

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2007 3:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hackelmania13 wrote:
For , try playing it as , it works for me anyways, I'm good at chord changes I guess.

That's what I ended up doing. It just made it a lot easier for me.
Austinpwnz  

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2007 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Iceshark7 wrote:
I usually use my teeth to grab the orange fret... Has actually worked on some situations.

I have to say that I thought this was amazing. I mean, fretting with your teeth, not just for fun but because you need to, that's insanely cool.

I might just sig it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Guitar/Bass All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: