ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Should I skip some notes

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Guitar/Bass
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TGro  

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2006 5:05 pm    Post subject: Should I skip some notes Reply with quote

Does it lower your rock meter more if you don't try to play a note, or if you try and miss it? I'm having problems on CFH on expert and I skip some notes and I seem to go further, but I'm not sure if it is luck or if I should skip them to get through the song.

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2006 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm stuck on the same song, and I've noticed this too... maybe it is better to not attempt some of the difficult parts that you know you will mess up? What I usually do when I get lost is I look ahead a few notes to an easier part, and then I wait for it. I find that way I can get back on track quicker than if I try to keep playing the hard notes.

Goal: 5* Hard
FOP [X]
PP(LL) [X]
OFTR [X]
6 [3.6]
TH [4.0]
Matt  

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2006 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think what happens, is if you go for a note and hit the wrong one, you get penalized for missing the note, and then again for hitting a note that you shouldn't. If you just don't try, you only get penalized for missing the note.
TGro  

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2006 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I finally beat it and I was only trying to do parts of the solo instead of the whole thing. Only got 69% notes hit lol. Thanks for the advice.

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2006 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll give that a try tonight too, hopefully it will get me through the song at last!

EDIT: Hey TGro, check out my post under Rivalries.

FOP [X]
PP(LL) [X]
OFTR [X]
6 [3.6]
TH [4.0]
krimsunmunkeys  

Location: The Hall of the SH Council... watching... (not really)

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2006 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Matt wrote:
I think what happens, is if you go for a note and hit the wrong one, you get penalized for missing the note, and then again for hitting a note that you shouldn't. If you just don't try, you only get penalized for missing the note.

That's true for passing songs. However, once you start going for top scores, it is better to try for every note you can.
Matt  

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2006 11:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

krimsunmunkeys wrote:
Matt wrote:

That's true for passing songs. However, once you start going for top scores, it is better to try for every note you can.

Actually, that's true for any time you play a song; even if you are going for a high score, you get double penalized for hitting a wrong note.
deathtongue  

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2006 2:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

YESSSS!!!!!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

FOP [X]
PP(LL) [X]
OFTR [X]
6 [3.6]
TH [4.0]
MaximusDM  

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2006 6:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When I was set on passing it I actually ignored the Orange in the repetative riff that came there and again and that is the only way I was able to pass to pass it for quite a while. So it is definately a strategy to shoot for if you are just bound on passing the song itself.

As for how it effects your meter, I think it effects it less if you just ignore some notes because for me, reaching for that orange note was out of the question and screwed up my finger placement for the same notes to come up and a again. That was just how it worked out for me though.

Location: The Hall of the SH Council... watching... (not really)

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2006 1:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Matt wrote:
krimsunmunkeys wrote:
Matt wrote:

Actually, that's true for any time you play a song; even if you are going for a high score, you get double penalized for hitting a wrong note.

What I meant is that while you still get the rock meter penalty, once you get good enough the rock meter becomes an afterthought and means almost nothing except for maybe BatM solo #1 and *Trippolette. As far as the score rules go, it is better to try for every note than to skip some.

deathtongue wrote:
YESSSS!!!!!

I remember when that was a big accomplishment for me. Once you get the hang of the main riff, your score will start going through the roof.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Guitar/Bass All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: