ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
X-plorer fully compatible with Stepmania

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Yen24  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2007 9:37 am    Post subject: X-plorer fully compatible with Stepmania Reply with quote

I'm not sure if this has been discussed, and if it has then by all means lock, but I hadn't seen confirmation that a Guitar Controller with a USB out, in this case, the X-plorer, would work with Stepmania.

It does. Actually its quite fun, but basically useless as a serious substitute for Guitar Hero, mainly because everything is essentially a HO/PO; no stumming required. And some things that are possible with a dance pad are next to impossible on a fret board.

With some practice the game is playable, but due to the lack of a fifth fret, or directional arrow, in the case of Stepmania, it basically equates to an incredibly difficult Medium difficulty for GH players.

The primary song base is electronica in its many different forms, but some tunes are a welcome change for those who cannot make custom tracks.

DLC Request By Month: The Vines (08/08), Jefferson Airplane (09/08), The Tragically Hip (10/08) Chilliwack (11/08), Deep Purple (12/08), Joy Division (01/09)

Yen24.1up.com
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Yen24
Yen24  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2007 9:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry, please move to the Other Music Games forum.

DLC Request By Month: The Vines (08/08), Jefferson Airplane (09/08), The Tragically Hip (10/08) Chilliwack (11/08), Deep Purple (12/08), Joy Division (01/09)

Yen24.1up.com
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Yen24
vlasic  

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2007 5:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been wondering if this was possible, it might be a substitute for the arrow keys that I'm so accustomed to. Thanks for the info, I'll be figuring out how to hook this up now.
View user's profile Send private message XBL Gamertag: Deaths Wr4th PSN Name: DeathsWrath
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Other Music Games All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: