ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Actually playing making it more difficult?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Guitar/Bass
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ShaylaRCakes  

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2006 4:12 am    Post subject: Actually playing making it more difficult? Reply with quote

I play guitar and bass, and I've found it extremely difficult to get OUT of "real" guitar mode and into game mode, as my brain and hands want to do different things than what the TV screen tells me to do.

Anyone else experience this problem? How have you gotten out of the real guitar zone and into GH mode? I can't shake it, and it's costing me hella points!

Last edited by ShaylaRCakes on Tue May 09, 2006 5:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
Anthrice  

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2006 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hear that alot, and I think it is a load of bull.

I played guitar for about 4 years, and was a bassist in a band for about 3. I found it actually helped me, as I was able to move my fingers on the frets a lot faster than any of my other friends.

If your brain is telling you to do something other than what the screen is telling you, then it's a problem with you. Not the fact that you used to play guitar/bass.

Everyone uses that excuse "I used to play guitar, and this is different so thats why I suck"
No, I'm sorry. You suck because you havn't practiced. Play more and you will get better. It's like that for everyone.

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2006 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've gotten pretty...well....ok at it. When I started I had to go straight to hard because my fingers were wanting to do more than what Easy or Medium was allowing to do.

My significant other, who is probably the best guitarist I've ever known, can't even fake it through a song on easy. He got very frustrated and put it down. All the guitarists I know just seem to have a harder time than the people I know who have never strummed a chord in their life.

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2006 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ShaylaRCakes wrote:
I've gotten pretty...well....ok at it. When I started I had to go straight to hard because my fingers were wanting to do more than what Easy or Medium was allowing to do.

My significant other, who is probably the best guitarist I've ever known, can't even fake it through a song on easy. He got very frustrated and put it down. All the guitarists I know just seem to have a harder time than the people I know who have never strummed a chord in their life.

Been playing guitar and gaming for over 25 years and don't really have a problem. Sometimes if I go back to medium or even on some hard songs, i will accidentally strum a note that is not there.....but i would attribute that more to being used to playing the missing notes from expert.

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2006 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For me, my initial trouble was trying to play songs on GH that I already knew how to play on the guitar (CFH, TK69, and such) and wanting to strum more than the game was telling me to.

I've gotten out of that habit, but I have a whole family of guitar and bass players that are struggling a bit. I've suggested they bump up to medium to compensate for the speed that their hands are wanting to move at.

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2006 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sounds like they should be on hard or so then. Certainly with CFH, it 'felt' better to play on hard than medium...where you actually 'play' all the notes as you would when playing it on real guitar.

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2006 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

absolutely....some songs just...make more sense

Like I do WAY better on "Unsung" on Expert than any other level.

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2006 1:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

once you play a song a lot of times on expert and you go back to easy or medium, you try to play it the same rhythm that was on expert, instead of the notes that show up because youre so used to playing ALL of the notes.

well,, at least i do that

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2006 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

no kidding

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2006 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ES942 wrote:
once you play a song a lot of times on expert and you go back to easy or medium, you try to play it the same rhythm that was on expert, instead of the notes that show up because youre so used to playing ALL of the notes.

well,, at least i do that

You're really not alone. After I got Guitar God on Medium, I swore to myself I would never go back. Well, I lied, and I did horrible.

I think I almost failed a song just because I kept strumming too fast and double strumming.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Guitar/Bass All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: