ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Customs Rivalry - Week 5 Scores Posted, Congrats ElFire!
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
BiffCornwall  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2007 3:16 pm    Post subject: Customs Rivalry - Week 5 Scores Posted, Congrats ElFire! Reply with quote

Welcome to the Customs Rivalry!

Before you begin - read this:

Disclaimer:

The Custom Rivalry Facilitators, nor Scorehero, condone or support the pirating of copyrighted music. If you participate in this rivalry, you are agreeing that you obtained the music used for the Customs Rivalry legally. Scorehero is not responsible for your actions and we will not tolerate song piracy! To facilitate your need for music, we've made sure that all music used in the Customs Rivalry can be purchased on iTunes. If it can not be found on iTunes, we will link to the site which will allow you to purchase the music legally. Do not pirate music for use in this Rivalry!

Rivalry FAQ/Rules:

What is this all about?

The Customs Rivalry is a competition conceptualized by TemjinStrife and created, set up, and run by "Facilitators" BiffCornwall and nickb611. It was created so users who customized their GH2 game could get together and compete against one another in a standardized competition, using the user-created charts available in the Custom Songs sub-forum of the Software forums, as well as charts from CustomHero.net.

So what do I need?

In order to play in the Customs Rivalry, you must have all the necessary tools to create a custom Guitar Hero 2 disc of 30 songs. It MUST be a Guitar Hero 2 disc, as songs used by the Rivalry are created specifically for Guitar Hero 2. Do NOT ask about how to customize Guitar Hero here. That talk needs to stay in the Software Forums, and if we see any post like that, we will politely ask the Mods to delete it, and you will be warned. Repeat offenders will be banned from the rivalry.

I want to join this rivalry, but I don't know how to customize Guitar Hero 2. Help me out, please?

Please see the question above. This thread is for the experienced custom Guitar Hero 2 players ONLY! We will not hold your hand through the process, and expect NO HELP in this thread! Everything you need to create a custom Guitar Hero 2 disc (including nice folks willing to help - after you've helped yourself) can be found in the Software Forums and this all encompassing guide by nickb611.

How does it work?

A season will be 5 weeks long. Each week, you will need to complete 5 songs. Since we have chosen to exclude playoffs at this time, at the end of week 5, whoever has the most points will win that season. At the start of the season, a list of 30 songs (as well as .mp3 information and offsets) will be provided. Once the list is up, you will have 1 week to download the charts and create a custom disc with the 30 selected songs for that season (80s edition, anyone? ). Songs will not necessarily be played in the order they are announced. We will announce which 5 songs are going to be played at the beginning of each week. Players will receive points depending on how well they place at the end of the week. Each week will begin on Sunday and end on Saturday night at 11:59 p.m. Eastern Time. You will have from Sunday when that weeks' songs are announced to 11:59 p.m. Eastern Time that following Saturday to complete and submit the 5 songs for that week. Here is a breakdown of the timeline:

Week 0 - Songs announced. Sign-ups open. Preparation of custom discs commences.
Week 1 - Custom discs must be complete. Sign-ups Closed. Week 1 songs announced.
Week 2 - Week 1 scores posted. Week 2 songs announced.
Week 3 - Week 2 scores posted. Week 3 songs announced.
Week 4 - Week 3 scores posted. Week 4 songs announced.
Week 5 - Week 4 scores posted. Week 5 songs announced.

At the end of Week 5, final scores will be posted and the winner will be announced. If there is a tie, a sudden death match will commence.

How does the Sudden Death match work?

One song from the 5 extra songs not used during regular season play will be chosen at random and announced no later than Sunday night. All players in a tie for first will compete in this match. You will have until Wednesday of that same week to complete and submit the Sudden Death song. Regular season rules will apply to these 3 days. All sudden death scores will be submitted via pm to BiffCornwall. The winner will be announced the Thursday following the score submissions.

How does the points system work?

Each player will receive Rivalry Points (rp) depending on how high their individual song scores place them in the rivalry. After calculating individual song scores from highest to lowest, Rivalry Points will be given to each player. All players will receive 1rp, excluding 5th-2nd, which will receive 2rp, with 1st place receiving 3rp. So, for 10 people, it would look something like this:

1st - 16rp
2nd - 13rp
3rd - 11rp
4th - 9rp
5th - 7rp
6th - 5rp
7th - 4rp
8th - 3rp
9th - 2rp
10th - 1rp

If you can't complete a song, pm your Facilitator with the percentage of the song that you completed.

What difficulties do I have to choose from?

Due to chart restrictions and the expected initial low numbers of players, we are only accepting players who wish to compete in the Expert difficulty. Depending on how well the Rivalry does, and if there is a high demand for it, we may decide to increase the number of difficulties.

Can I play using my Xbox 360?

Because custom songs on the Xbox 360 are still difficult to achieve, and enabling your Xbox 360 to play custom songs will ban you from Xbox Live, the Customs Rivalry will only support users who play with a Playstation 2.

When do I submit my scores for the week?

You will pm your scores for each week to your assigned Facilitator by Saturday night. Here are the official times for score submissions, by time zone (U.S. only - sorry rest of the world ):

Eastern Time - 11:59pm
Central Time - 10:59pm
Mountain Time - 9:59pm
Pacific Time - 8:59pm.

After the sign-ups have been completed, we will split the players in half. One half will submit their scores to BiffCornwall, and the other half to nickb611. You must check back to make sure you know who to submit your score to. They MUST be submitted to the correct Facilitator; not knowing who your Facilitator is will not be an excuse for posting your scores late.

Is there some format I need to follow when I submit my scores for the week?

Why yes there is! Score submissions need to be in this format exactly (minus the "<>" brackets):
Code:
Subject:  Customs Rivalry Week 1 Scores for <YourName>
1. <SongName> <Score>
2. <SongName> <Score>
3. <SongName> <Score>
4. <SongName> <Score>
5. <SongName> <Score>

So, submitted, they would look something like this:

Subject: Customs Rivlary Week 1 Scores for BiffCornwall
1. Foo Fighters - Everlong 265,126
2. Metallica - One 198,254
3. Death Cab For Cutie - Title & Registration 232,184
4. Led Zepplin - Stairway To Heaven 347,894
5. Blue Oyster Cult - I'm Burning For You 278,927

What if I post my scores late?

Scores posted after Saturday, 11:59 pm Eastern Time will be considered late, and you will get a 0 for those scores. We will not accept late scores. Unfortunately, we have to be hard-asses about this, since we can't validate any one persons reasons for posting late. At the discretion of the Facilitator, some scores that are late by mere seconds may be allowed through. Once scores have been posted for that week, we will NOT accept any late scores.

When can I expect to see the results from each week?

Results for each week will be posted no later than Sunday night. After all scores have been posted, the next weeks songs will be announced.

How do I know which songs we're playing?

All songs for the season will be announced at the beginning of Week 0. At the beginning of each week, we will randomly choose 5 songs and announce them no later than Sunday night.

Where/How do I get the charts for the songs?

All charts for the season can be found in either the Custom Songs sub-forum or CustomHero.net. nickb611 will provide a list of charts that will be used for the season. Each chart will have a link to its respective chart authors' custom song thread. You will download the chart from the authors' page. nickb611 will also provide all relevant .mp3 information, which will include the songs Album, length and suggested offset.

Where/How do I get the .mp3 for the charts?

At this point I am going to STRONGLY urge you to read the disclaimer if you haven't already done so. If you do not have the song for a chart being used in the rivalry, and it cannot be found on iTunes, nickb611 will provide a link to a website that will allow you to legally purchase the music.

Will there be "twists" in the Customs Rivalry, like in the GH2 Leagues?

There are no twists in the rivalry, with no plans to implement them.

I've gotten a better score in a previous week than what I've achieved this week - can I post that score instead?

No! You can only submit a score that you achieved during that week in the season! If you fail to achieve a better score, too bad.

Can I play the song more than once before I submit it?

You can play each song as many times as you'd like each week. Just submit the best score you can achieve during that week. You may only submit your scores once.

I saw my chart is being used for the rivalry. Can I still play that song and get points for it?

Of course you can. Also, if you see one of your charts up there, and you don't want us to use it, pm a Facilitator, and we'll figure out what to do from there.

Can I submit my chart for use in the Rivalry?

At this time we are not accepting user-submitted charts for use in the Rivalry. We may do this in the future (however it's very unlikely), but there would be strict, CustomHero.net-like requirements for said submitted charts.

Can I post/talk about my scores?
No! Feel free to talk about the songs in generalities, but do not publicly post your scores, or tell anyone what scores you achieved until after they have been posted publicly!

Cheating Policy:

What is considered cheating?
- Submitting false scores
- Editing dtb files to obtain a higher score. This includes, but is not limited to:
* Changing HOPO thresholds other than specified by the HOPO Policy.
* Changing the amount of points a note is worth
* Changing the Note Streaks and/or the Score Multiplier
* Changing Track speeds (with the exception of the GH2 default hyperspeed obtained using the cheat code)
* Enabling the "Never Fail A Song AKA 'Always Yellow Cheat'"
- Enabling any cheat codes to affect your final song scores in any way (again, GH2 default hyperspeed is allowed)
- Editing Star Power. This includes, but is not limited to editing the following:
* recharge_rate, deploy_rate, star_phrase, whammy_rate, ready_level, multiplier, crowd_boost, min_length, whammy_speed, whammy_timeout

You are allowed to edit Song Names, Tier Names, Difficulty text, Starpower Ready Text, Song Failed text, Loading Screens, Loading Screens (Bonus Songs), Fretboards and the Pause Menu. Any editing beyond that will be considered CHEATING and when caught, you will be BANNED from this rivalry. If you submit an unusually high score (and we will know), be prepared to provide proof. If you cannot provide proof, your score will be removed and you will get a 0 for that song. In extreme cases, a Facilitator may choose to ban you from the rivalry. You don't get anything for winning these competitions, and cheating only proves you are a cheater. Let's keep it clean and keep it fun guys (and gals)!

HOPO Policy:

Thanks to socrstopr and his wonderful insight, there has been a slight change to how the HOPO's will be handled. Instead of outright banning the editing of these files, we've decided to mandate how you can edit them.

What's the problem with HOPOs?

In the Guitar Hero 2 and 80s edition, there are certain songs that Harmonix had to increase the HOPO threshold, in order for 8th notes to be HOPO-able. The problem that arises from this is when inserting custom songs into those slots with increased HOPOs, notes that should not be HOPO-able, are.

What do I need to do?

Players need to set up their Rivalry discs so all song slots use the default HOPO threshold for the game, and none use the increased HOPO threshold (HOPO-able 8th notes) by deleting the hopo_threshold node from the song. Here is a list of the songs that have the increased HOPO threshold. Information on where these files are and how to delete the HOPO threshold nodes for these songs can be found here.

Please note that you are required to edit the HOPO threshold of these songs so they do not have HOPO-able 8th notes. If you don't, it is considered cheating! This is yet another way to keep the playing field as level as possible!

Ok, so I've read all this - where/when can I sign up?

After a new season is announced, sign-ups will open up at the beginning of Week 0. Send a pm to BiffCornwall if you wish to join. Sign-ups close at the end of Week 0, so if you sign up after that, you will be ignored. You must sign up at the beginning of each season. If you know you want to sign up, it is HIGHLY recommended that you do so at the BEGINNING of Week 0, so you have PLENTY of time to create your custom disc!

Your Sign-up PM must have "Customs Rivalry Sign-up" in the subject line!

Official Sign-up Roster:
Code:
inimitable                        tarod83
ElFire                            tonybaroneee
MPXenon                           guitarherorocker
prowlerdante                      BiffCornwall
CornPop1                          dascripter
DamageInc                         acra
serik                             JRyder
disneycpalumni                    akaRaZe
Leff
Deschain

Custom Rivalry Season 1 Official Scores:
ALL scores for Season 1 will be submitted via PM to BiffCornwall.

Overall Standings:
Code:
Name                 Week #1   Week #2   Week #3   Week #4   Week #5   Overall

1.  ElFire           120       108       111       93        93         525     --
2.  acra             97        85        107       103       97         489     --
3.  tarod83          68.5      103       94        112       87         464.5   --
4.  tonybaroneee     55.5      83        77        0         93         308.5   +1
5.  Deschain         0         86        85        0         110        281     +2
6.  akaRaZe          89        69        0         95        0          253     -2
7.  JRyder           46.25     0         58.5      77        0          181.75  -1
8.  MPXenon          77        0         0         0         0          77      --
9.  Leff             0         70        0         0         0          70      --
10. serik            56.5      0         0         0         0          56.5    --
11. BiffCornwall     0         56        0         0         0          56      --
12. CornPop1         41.5      0         0         0         0          41.5    --
13. inimitable       0         0         0         0         0          0       --
14. prowlerdante     0         0         0         0         0          0       --
15. DamageInc        0         0         0         0         0          0       --
16. guitarherorocker 0         0         0         0         0          0       --
17. dascripter       0         0         0         0         0          0       --
18. disneycpalumni   0         0         0         0         0          0       --

Week 1 Scores:
Code:
     Overall Standings

Name                       RP

1.  ElFire                 120
2.  acra                   97
3.  akaRaZe                89
4.  MPXenon                77
5.  tarod83                68.5
6.  serik                  56.5
7.  tonybaroneee           55.5
8.  JRyder                 46.25
9.  CornPop1               41.5
10. inimitable             0
11. prowlerdante           0
12. DamageInc              0
13. disneycpalumni         0
14. Leff                   0
15. Deschain               0
16. guitarherorocker       0
17. dascripter             0
18. BiffCornwall           0

Eagles - Hotel California

Name                 Score        RP

1.  ElFire           320,837      24
2.  acra             318,447      21
3.  tarod83          315,677      19
4.  akaRaZe          312,555      17
5.  MPXenon          311,288      15
6.  JRyder           282,526      13
7.  tonybaroneee     270,573      12
8.  serik            252,780      11
9.  CornPop1         235,981      1
10. inimitable       0            0
11. prowlerdante     0            0
12. DamageInc        0            0
13. disneycpalumni   0            0
14. Leff             0            0
15. Deschain         0            0
16. guitarherorocker 0            0
17. dascripter       0            0
18. BiffCornwall     0            0

Incubus - Sick Sad Little World

1.  ElFire           464,055      24
2.  serik            445,328      21
3.  acra             444,901      19
4.  tarod83          428,673      17
5.  tonybaroneee     424,264      15
6.  akaRaZe          421,757      13
7.  MPXenon          410,027      12
8.  JRyder           325,338      11
9.  CornPop1         283,505      10

Black Sabbath - Trashed

1.  ElFire           309,454      24
2.  MPXenon          308,372      21
3.  akaRaZe          306,000      19
4.  acra             305,070      17
5.  tarod83          299,737      15
6.  tonybaroneee     279,672      13
7.  JRyder           277,874      12
8.  serik            249,576      11
9.  CornPop1         209,795      10

Dragon Force - Fury of the Storm

1.  ElFire           353,010      24
2.  akaRaZe          333,406      21
3.  acra             330,029      19
4.  MPXenon          270,936      17
5.  tarod83          0           .5
6.  tonybaroneee     0           .5
7.  CornPop1         0           .5
8.  serik            0           .5
9.  JRyder           0           .25

Journey - Any Way You Want It

1.  ElFire           226,305      24
2.  acra             224,301      21
3.  akaRaZe          204,093      19
4.  tarod83          201,428      17
5.  tonybaroneee     200,735      15
6.  serik            196,753      13
7.  MPXenon          194,111      12
8.  CornPop1         181,764      11
9.  JRyder           163,618      10

Week 2 Scores:
Code:
     Overall Standings

1.  ElFire                 108
2.  tarod                  103
3.  Deschain               86
4.  acra                   85
5.  tonybaroneee           83
6.  Leff                   70
7.  akaRaZe                69
8.  BiffCornwall           56
9.  MPXenon                0
10. serik                  0
11. JRyder                 0
12. CornPop1               0
13. inimitable             0
14. prowlerdante           0
15. DamageInc              0
16. guitarherorocker       0
17. dascripter             0
18. disneycpalumni         0

Rob Zombie - Dead Girl Superstar

1.  ElFire           215,782      24
2.  tarod83          215,610      21
3.  tonybaroneee     213,454      19
4.  acra             213,140      17
5.  Leff             211,978      15
6.  Deschain         198,106      13
7.  akaRaZe          193,673      12
8.  BiffCornwall     147,073      11
9.  MPXenon          0            0
10. serik            0            0
11. JRyder           0            0
12. CornPop1         0            0
13. inimitable       0            0
14. prowlerdante     0            0
15. DamageInc        0            0
18. disneycpalumni   0            0

Metallica - For Whom The Bell Tolls

1.  tarod83          266,698      24
2.  ElFire           265,110      21
3.  acra             264,732      19
4.  tonybaroneee     262,416      17
5.  Leff             256,644      15
6.  akaRaZe          247,756      13
7.  Deschain         234,148      12
8.  BiffCornwall     226,730      11

Yes - Owners Of A Lonely Heart

1.  tarod83          205,865      24
2.  ElFire           200,200      21
3.  akaRaZe          198,308      19
4.  tonybaroneee     198,145      17
5.  Leff             196,903      15
6.  Deschain         196,675      13
7.  BiffCornwall     194,850      12
8.  acra             194,714      11

Chavie - Johnny B. Good

1.  Deschain         364,275      24
2.  ElFire           346,835      21
3.  acra             321,977      19
4.  tarod83          300,872      17
5.  tonybaroneee     296,264      15
6.  akaRaZe          276,186      13
7.  Leff             271,989      12
8.  BiffCornwall     233,674      11

Guns N' Roses - Paradise City

1.  Deschain         458,280      24
2.  ElFire           433,977      21
3.  acra             384,824      19
4.  tarod83          368,307      17
5.  tonybaroneee     362,288      15
6.  Leff             359,868      13
7.  akaRaZe          355,174      12
8.  BiffCornwall     265,311      11
15. DamgeInc         0            0

Week 3 Scores:
Code:
     Overall Standings

1.  ElFire                 111
2.  acra                   107
3.  tarod83                94
4.  Deschain               85
5.  tonybaroneee           77
6.  JRyder                 58.5
7.  BiffCornwall           0
8.  inimitable             0
9.  MPXenon                0
10. prowlerdante           0
11. CornPop1               0
12. DamageInc              0
13. serik                  0
14. Leff                   0
15. guitarherorocker       0
16. dascripter             0
17. akaRaZe                0

Foo Fighters - Everlong

1.  ElFire           537,462      24
2.  tarod83          536,546      21
3.  acra             529,286      19
4.  tonybaroneee     495,270      17
5.  Deschain         490,484      15
6.  JRyder           446,092      13
7.  BiffCornwall     0            0
8.  inimitable       0            0
10. prowlerdante     0            0
11. CornPop1         0            0
13. serik            0            0
15. guitarherorocker 0            0
16. dascripter       0            0
17. akaRaZe          0            0

Senses Fail - Bloody Romance

1.  acra             724,653      24
2.  ElFire           654,818      21
3.  tarod93          625,759      19
4.  Deschain         622,033      17
5.  JRyder           579,289      15
6.  tonybaroneee     559,916      13

Finger Eleven - Paralyzer

1.  tarod83          297,952      24
2.  ElFire           294,546      21
3.  acra             276,804      19
4.  JRyder           264,798      17
5.  Deschain         261,095      15
6.  tonybaroneee     195,467      13

Trivium - Unrepentant

1.  acra             425,724      24
2.  ElFire           402,718      21
3.  Deschain         375,350      19
4.  tonybaroneee     335,690      17
5.  tarod83          332,219      15
6.  JRyder           326,536      13

Shadows Fall - Redemption

1.  ElFire           316,096      24
2.  acra             304,483      21
3.  Deschain         302,651      19
4.  tonybaroneee     285,062      17
5.  tarod83          234,576      15
6.  JRyder           0            .5

Week 4 Scores:
Code:
     Overall Standings

1.  tarod83                112
2.  acra                   103
3.  akaRaZe                95
4.  ElFire                 93
5.  JRyder                 77
6.  BiffCornwall           0
7.  MPXenon                0
8.  prowlerdante           0
9.  CornPop1               0
10. DamageInc              0
11. serik                  0
12. Leff                   0
13. guitarherorocker       0
14. dascripter             0
15. Deschain               0
16. tonybaroneee           0
17. inimitable             0

Aerosmith - Cryin'

1.  acra             311,870      24
2.  akaRaZe          297,684      21
3.  tarod83          297,580      19
4.  ElFire           288,134      17
5.  JRyder           280,637      15
6.  BiffCornwall     0            0
7.  MPXenon          0            0
8.  prowlerdante     0            0
9.  CornPop1         0            0
10. DamageInc        0            0
11. serik            0            0
12. Leff             0            0
13. guitarherorocker 0            0
14. dascripter       0            0
16. tonybaroneee     0            0
17. inimitable       0            0

Red Hot Chili Peppers - By The Way

1.  tarod83          478,602      24
2.  ElFire           469,339      21
3.  acra             415,949      19
4.  JRyder           390,593      17
5.  akaRaZe          381,999      15

The Darkness - I Believe in a Thing Called Love

1.  tarod83          256,768      24
2.  akaRaZe          252,181      21
3.  ElFire           244,240      19
4.  acra             243,560      17
5.  JRyder           222,875      15

Funeral for a Friend - The End of Nothing

1.  acra             351,484      24
2.  tarod83          333,350      21
3.  ElFire           331,425      19
4.  akaRaZe          237,989      17
5.  JRyder           165,226      15

Sublime - Santeria

1.  tarod83          185,165      24
2.  akaRaZe          178,131      21
3.  acra             173,025      19
4.  ElFire           161,103      17
5.  JRyder           160,179      15

Week 5 Scores:
Code:
     Overall Standings

1.  Deschain               110
2.  acra                   97
3.  ElFire                 93
4.  tonybaroneee           93
5.  tarod83                87
6.  JRyder                 0
7.  BiffCornwall           0
8.  MPXenon                0
9.  prowlerdante           0
10. CornPop1               0
11. DamageInc              0
12. serik                  0
13. Leff                   0
14. guitarherorocker       0
15. dascripter             0
16. akaRaZe                0
17. inimitable             0

Lynyrd Skynyrd - Sweet Home Alabama

1.  Deschain         255,553      24
2.  tarod83          321,648      21
3.  tonybaroneee     315,585      19
4.  ElFire           295,688      17
5.  acra             281,524      15
6.  JRyder           0            0
8.  MPXenon          0            0
9.  prowlerdante     0            0
10. CornPop1         0            0
11. DamageInc        0            0
12. serik            0            0
13. Leff             0            0
14. guitarherorocker 0            0
15. dascripter       0            0
16. akaRaZe          0            0

Van Halen - Panama

1.  Deschain         228,060      24
2.  tonybaroneee     226,965      21
3.  ElFire           226,569      19
4.  tarod83          216,101      17
5.  acra             207,974      15

Rush - Bastille Day

1.  acra             402,867      24
2.  tonybaroneee     402,163      21
3.  Deschain         392,239      19
4.  tarod83          381,457      17
5.  ElFire           367,602      15

Liquid Tension Experiment - Universal Mind

1.  Deschain         515,495      24
2.  ElFire           508,820      21
3.  acra             504,192      19
4.  tonybaroneee     430,064      17
5.  tarod83          298,867      15

Bang Camaro - Out on the Streets

1.  acra             278,155      24
2.  ElFire           268,574      21
3.  Deschain         259,110      19
4.  tarod83          213,694      17
5.  tonybaroneee     210,351      15

Songs:

Week 1:
Eagles - Hotel California
Incubus - Sick Sad Little World
Black Sabbath - Trashed
Dragon Force - Fury of the Storm
Journey - Any Way You Want It

Week 2:
Rob Zombie - Dead Girl Superstar
Metallica - For Whom The Bell Tolls
Yes - Owners of a Lonely Heart
Chavie - Johnny B. Good
Guns N' Roses - Paradise City

Week 3:
Foo Fighters - Everlong
Senses Fail - Bloody Romance
Finger Eleven - Paralyzer
Trivium - Unrepentant
Shadows Fall - Redemption

Week 4:
Aerosmith - Cryin'
Red Hot Chili Peppers - By The Way
The Darkness - I Believe in a Thing Called Love
Funeral For A Friend - The End of Nothing
Sublime - Santeria

Week 5:
Lynyrd Skynyrd - Sweet Home Alabama
Van Halen - Panama
Rush - Bastille Day
Liquid Tension Experiment - Universal Mind
Bang Camaro - Out on the Streets

Last edited by BiffCornwall on Sun Oct 21, 2007 4:40 am; edited 37 times in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: Biff Cornwall
nickb611  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2007 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome again to the Custom Song Rivalry.

After reading the above disclaimer and rules, you're ready to gather the note charts that will be used in this competition.

If you participate in the league, the Facilitators would appreciate it greatly if you'd gave the authors of these fine note charts feedback. It's not required, but it's expected. They've done all the work so you can have all the fun. At least let them know how much fun you had. Also, songs provided from CustomHero.net will require you to create an account to download the charts. Registration is free and simple, taking only a few minutes to gain access to the database.

Here is the list of custom charts chosen for this round of the Rivalry. If you notice, there are 30 charts, but only 25 will be played. Since you do not know which ones will be picked and when, please burn all of these charts onto one disc and set it aside as your Rivalry disc.

A note about the charts used: All note charts that appear below are created by their original authors. Links are given to their respective chart authors' thread. Credit is given to the original authors by this method. If your chart appears in this list, and you would like it removed, please PM a Facilitator.

The charts for Customs Rivalry 1:

1. Liquid Tension Experiment - Universal Mind Fangor - Available on iTunes Album = Liquid Tension Experiment Length = 7:53 Offset = 1235

2. Metallica - For Whom the Bell Tolls Leff - Available on iTunes Album = Ride the Lightning Length = 5:10 Offset = 0; Not required

3. Red Hot Chili Peppers - By The Way Phuzzle - Available on iTunes Album = Greatest Hits Length = 3:37 Offset = 0; Not required

4. Foo Fighters - Everlong nickb611 - Available on iTunes Album = The Colour and The Shape Length = 4:10 Offset = 0; Not required

5. Trivium - Unrepentant xSergeantMINORx - Available on iTunes Album = The Crusade Length = 4:51 Offset = 1500

6. The Von Bondies - C'Mon C'Mon dreamaddict - Available on iTunes Album = Pawn Shoppe Heart Length = 2:13 Offset = 2490

7. Black Sabbath - Trashed machchunk - Available on iTunes Album = Born Again Length = 4:16 Offset = 400

8. Incubus - Sick Sad Little World socrstopr - Available on iTunes Album = A Crow Left Of Murder Length = 6:23 Offset = 0; Not required

9. Aerosmith - Cryin Leff - Available on iTunes Album = Big Ones Length = 5:09 Offset = 5500

10. Yes - Owners of a Lonely Heart BiffCornwall - Available on iTunes Album = The Blender Album Length = 4:29 Offset = 0; Not required

11. Lynyrd Skynyrd - Sweet Home Alabama JetsterDajet - Available on iTunes Album = Chronicles Length = 4:43 Offset = 2290

12. Dragon Force - Fury of the Storm Galiath25 - Available on iTunes Album = Sonic Firestorm Length = 6:46 Offset = Unknown, Assumed not required

13. Funeral For a Friend - The End of Nothing thfreedumb - Available on iTunes Album = Hours Length = 3:19 Offset = 2000

14. Bang Camaro - Out on the Streets TemjinStrife - Available on iTunes Album = Bang Camaro Length = 5:12 Offset = 0; Not required

15. Guns N' Roses - Paradise City quesi - Available on iTunes Album = Appetite for Destruction Length = 6:46 Offset = 0; Not required

16. Shadows Fall - Redemption voivod84 - Available on iTunes Album = Redemption - Single Length = 4:17 Offset = 0; Not required

17. Senses Fail - Bloody Romance thfreedumb - Available on iTunes Album = From the Depths of Dreams Length = 3:50 Offset = 1950ish?

18. Suicidal Tendencies - Trip at the Brain booyagramma05 - Available on iTunes Album = How Will I Laugh Tomorrow When I Can't Even Smile Today Length = 4:33 Offset = -950

19. Foreigner - Hot Blooded LyokoFreaks - Available on iTunes Album = Double Vision Length = 4:28 Offset = 4.21* Read OP for proper offset insertion

20. Journey - Any Way You Want It Thurman91 - Available on iTunes Album = Departure Length = 3:23 Offset = 0; Not required

21. Rob Zombie - Dead Girl Superstar CustomHero.net - Available on iTunes Album = The Sinister Urge Length = 2:28 Offset = 400

22. Finger Eleven - Paralyzer CustomHero.net - Available on iTunes Album = Them vs. You vs. Me Length = 3:28 Offset = 4030

23. Sublime - Santeria CustomHero.net - Available on iTunes Album = Sublime Length = 3:03 Offset = 6690

24. Red Hot Chili Peppers - Hump-De-Bump CustomHero.net - Available on iTunes Album = Stadium Arcadium Length = 3:33 Offset = 4280

25. Rush - Bastille Day xSergeantMINORx - Available on iTunes Album = Retrospective, Vol. 1 (1974-1980) Length = 4:40 Offset = 2000

26. Chavie (Chuck Berry cover) - Johnny B Good ImaCarrot/Apoc - Song Included With Chart Album = N/A Length = 3:50 Offset = 0; Not required

27. The Darkness - I Believe In A Thing Called Love pksage - Available on iTunes Album = Permission To Land Length = 3:36 Offset = 0; Not required

28. Eagles - Hotel California pksage - Available on legalsounds.com Album = Hell Freezes Over Length = 7:12 Offset = 500

29. Van Halen - Panama MuffinMcFluffin - Available on iTunes Album = 1984 Version Length = 3:32 Offset = 0; Not required

30. Trivium - Pull Harder On The Strings Of Your Martyr chaarlieee - Available on iTunes Album = Ascendancy Length = 4:51 Offset = 0; Not required

(If there is an issue with this list (wrong offset, length, etc.), PM nickb611 to address the issue.)

Chart 20 has been changed, please update your archive.

Custom Guitar Hero

Last edited by nickb611 on Tue Sep 11, 2007 5:08 pm; edited 6 times in total
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message XBL Gamertag: DrumHero89
GHCity  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2007 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Biff and nick. (lol). Remember when I sent you Biff a PM and posted in the old thread about wanting to help witht his in any way possible? I am not going to play, but rather, help collect scores and catch cheaters. If I can help in any way possible, PM me. If not, that's cool with me.

One question; will stuff like horse heads, head on fire, etc., be allowed? Not that I am competing or anything.

~GHCity

EDIT: Typos

EDIT2: Question
BiffCornwall  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2007 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GHCity wrote:
Hey Biff and nick. (lol). Remember when I sent you Biff a PM and posted in the old thread about wanting to help witht his in any way possible? I am not going to play, but rather, help collect scores and catch cheaters. If I can help in any way possible, PM me. If not, that's cool with me.

One question; will stuff like horse heads, head on fire, etc., be allowed? Not that I am competing or anything.

~GHCity

EDIT: Typos

EDIT2: Question

Yes, those will be allowed. I just want to make sure all my bases are covered. I don't want any cheats activated that can affect the players final scores in any way, and have edited the OP to reflect that. Thanks for helping to clear that up.

*EDIT*

Thank you, GHCity for your interest in assisting us with the Rivalry. I just wanted to make sure that this is clear to everyone: as it stands right now, we have all the help we need with the rivalry! If we need help in the future, either nickb611 or I will post in here, asking for volunteers. We will then contact you if we need to! I don't want the first 10 or so posts to be from people telling us they'd be willing to help! We do appreciate the offers greatly, but if we need it we'll ask! Thanks everyone!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2007 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And if you guys want, I can PM you with one of my charts, just in case. Will this be only Expert? If so, I have a couple of charts to submit. Just PM me if you are interested and I can send you a link to the chart and mp3 (more can be explained if you are interested). I am willing to do whatever possible. I look forward to seeing what will result from this.

Oh, and was'nt this idea stemmed from TejinStrife?

EDIT: I may have looked this over, but some songs could appear on mulitple albums or be a slightly differnt version, like Bohemian Rhaphosody. SHouldn't you include the album name in the song you are posting? Would help some.

EDIT2: I may have also overlooked this, but will you include offsets?

~GHCity
BiffCornwall  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2007 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GHCity wrote:
And if you guys want, I can PM you with one of my charts, just in case. Will this be only Expert? If so, I have a couple of charts to submit. Just PM me if you are interested and I can send you a link to the chart and mp3 (more can be explained if you are interested). I am willing to do whatever possible. I look forward to seeing what will result from this.

Oh, and was'nt this idea stemmed from TejinStrife?

EDIT: I may have looked this over, but some songs could appear on mulitple albums or be a slightly differnt version, like Bohemian Rhaphosody. SHouldn't you include the album name in the song you are posting? Would help some.

EDIT2: I may have also overlooked this, but will you include offsets?

~GHCity

Actually, you've overlooked all of this

BiffCornwall wrote:
What is this all about?

The Customs Rivalry is a competition conceptualized by TemjinStrife and created, set up, and run by "Facilitators" BiffCornwall and nickb611. It was created so users who customized their GH2 game could get together and compete against one another in a standardized competition, using the user-created charts available in the Custom Songs sub-forum of the Software forums, as well as charts from CustomHero.net.

BiffCornwall wrote:
Where/How do I get the charts for the songs?

All charts for the season can be found in either the Custom Songs sub-forum or CustomHero.net. nickb611 will provide a list of charts that will be used for the season. Each chart will have a link to its respective chart authors' custom song thread. You will download the chart from the authors' page. nickb611 will also provide all relevant .mp3 information, which will include the songs Album, length and suggested offset.

Please everyone, take the time to read the FAQ/Rules section of the OP! It will answer all of your questions related to the Customs Rivalry!

GHCity: I will add a question to the OP pertaining to user-submitted charts. To answer your question - at this time we are not accepting user-submitted charts. We may do this in the future, but there will be strict, CustomHero.net-like requirements for said submitted charts.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 12:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im quite excited about this (especially since i missed the scorehero leauge).

Custom Vids!
My Custom Charts! - Say Anything ,Senses Fail, and Cake
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: serik21 PSN Name: serik21
cwo04  

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 10:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

this will be badass! expect a pm from me

thedrunkenkovinc wrote:
"That IS how ScoreHero...much more than WoWHero...fucking pussy WoW......do it."
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
LocalH  

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 10:22 am    Post subject: Re: Customs Rivlary - Sign-ups Open 9.9.2007 Reply with quote

BiffCornwall wrote:
Cheating Policy:

* Changing Track speeds (with the exception of the GH2 default hyperspeed obtained using the cheat code)

Not that I'm actually participating this season, but should I choose to try it out in the future, I take issue with this - I thought it was already hashed out for stock GH2 that the trackspeed doesn't matter in terms of skill. If you're gonna ban arbitrary trackspeed changing, you might as well ban hyperspeed as well. If I want to attempt to play at a higher trackspeed than 2.1x, I should have that right - I've noticed that it gets harder even when you only get to 3.15x with HS on. Trackspeed doesn't matter, as we all know, since game mechanics are always the same regardless of trackspeed. If you're dead set on banning trackspeed hacks, might I ask your rationale?

Alakaiser sez: POST BECAUSE YOU HAVE SOMETHING TO SAY, NOT BECAUSE YOU HAVE TO SAY SOMETHING.
BiffCornwall  

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 3:04 pm    Post subject: Re: Customs Rivlary - Sign-ups Open 9.9.2007 Reply with quote

LocalH wrote:
BiffCornwall wrote:
Cheating Policy:

Not that I'm actually participating this season, but should I choose to try it out in the future, I take issue with this - I thought it was already hashed out for stock GH2 that the trackspeed doesn't matter in terms of skill. If you're gonna ban arbitrary trackspeed changing, you might as well ban hyperspeed as well. If I want to attempt to play at a higher trackspeed than 2.1x, I should have that right - I've noticed that it gets harder even when you only get to 3.15x with HS on. Trackspeed doesn't matter, as we all know, since game mechanics are always the same regardless of trackspeed. If you're dead set on banning trackspeed hacks, might I ask your rationale?

Honestly, I don't see why this should be an issue. You have the option of using the default hyperspeed and the regular default track speed. We want to make this competition as standardized as possible. Allowing only the default track speed and default hyperspeed is allowing everyone the same gameplay options. Normal track speed and default hyperspeed are your two options.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In addition to ensuring every song is available via iTunes, might I suggest also using songs where the mp3s are freely available, such as Virt.
View user's profile Send private message XBL Gamertag: Deschain9 PSN Name: Deschain9
BiffCornwall  

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If there are charts for them, I'm all for it! Using songs freely available would obviously be ideal for this rivalry, so if people wanna make *good* charts for these songs, we'd use them for sure. However, it's not likely we'd use them for this first season, since we have the songs already picked out. Next season though, we'll definitely look into that, thanks for the suggestion!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 8:03 pm    Post subject: Re: Customs Rivlary - Sign-ups Open 9.9.2007 Reply with quote

BiffCornwall wrote:
LocalH wrote:
BiffCornwall wrote:
Cheating Policy:

Honestly, I don't see why this should be an issue. You have the option of using the default hyperspeed and the regular default track speed. We want to make this competition as standardized as possible. Allowing only the default track speed and default hyperspeed is allowing everyone the same gameplay options. Normal track speed and default hyperspeed are your two options.

Just as a reiteration... We're trying to limit what customization people can and can not do to their archive to prevent the possibility of gaining unfair advantages. If I didn't know how to change the track speed, but somebody else did (and thus finds it easier to play the song and get a higher score), that creates an unfair playing field, and thus, what we are avoiding. Since normal and hyperspeed track speeds are stock with the unmodified Guitar Hero game, and both are available to the everyday user, those are the two choice options you have for this Rivalry. Also, by defining exactly what can and can not be customized, we're avoiding the "Can I change this" and the "He did this... and that's how he won" arguments. With everybody being available to customize the same, limited amount of settings within the game, we are creating the level playing field that is (and will become) so hard to maintain considering the material we're dealing with here.

Custom Guitar Hero
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message XBL Gamertag: DrumHero89
BiffCornwall  

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2007 3:14 pm    Post subject: Re: Customs Rivlary - Sign-ups Open 9.9.2007 Reply with quote

nickb611 wrote:
BiffCornwall wrote:
LocalH wrote:
BiffCornwall wrote:
Cheating Policy:

Just as a reiteration... We're trying to limit what customization people can and can not do to their archive to prevent the possibility of gaining unfair advantages. If I didn't know how to change the track speed, but somebody else did (and thus finds it easier to play the song and get a higher score), that creates an unfair playing field, and thus, what we are avoiding. Since normal and hyperspeed track speeds are stock with the unmodified Guitar Hero game, and both are available to the everyday user, those are the two choice options you have for this Rivalry. Also, by defining exactly what can and can not be customized, we're avoiding the "Can I change this" and the "He did this... and that's how he won" arguments. With everybody being available to customize the same, limited amount of settings within the game, we are creating the level playing field that is (and will become) so hard to maintain considering the material we're dealing with here.

QFT. Also, I want to make this clear: The rules and guidelines for this rivalry are NOT up for debate! If you feel that we are genuinely wrong about a rule or guideline that we've announced here, PM either myself, or nickb611, but DO NOT post about it here! That is not what this thread is intended for!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2007 6:46 pm    Post subject: Re: Customs Rivlary - Sign-ups Open 9.9.2007 Reply with quote

BiffCornwall wrote:
QFT. Also, I want to make this clear: The rules and guidelines for this rivalry are NOT up for debate! If you feel that we are genuinely wrong about a rule or guideline that we've announced here, PM either myself, or nickb611, but DO NOT post about it here! That is not what this thread is intended for!

On the flip side, however, we don't want to discourage anybody from joining because of the rules. It basically falls under the presumption that if we didn't say anything about a certain rule, it would either be:
A. Up for debate, or more likely,
B. Assumed that you can do anything pertaining to it.
For example, if we didn't say anything about HO/PO thresholds, anybody would edit them. Yet again, we're creating a level playing field for everybody to have fun at.

In short, don't let the rules discourage you from joining
, because I already know this is going to be a blast, and it hasn't even started yet. I encourage anybody and everybody (who customizes / customized Guitar Hero) to sign up for some fun.

Custom Guitar Hero
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Rivalries All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14  Next
Page 1 of 14

Jump to: