ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Never letting the whammy bar out of my palm.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Guitar/Bass
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MansionManiac  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2006 11:00 am    Post subject: Never letting the whammy bar out of my palm. Reply with quote

I dunno if the situation's different for you guys. We have two guitars, one whammy bar is really loose, to the point it always points down if you don't hold it in place yourself; and the other is really tight, to the point the game doesn't register it when you press it in, I think we might actually have to "break it in". So for those purposes, I tend to use the looser whammy bar.

Problem is, with it being so loose, I constantly have to bring it back up and keep it in my palm while trying to strum with my thumb. I never use the up-and-down motion, which would probably help me out tremendously, cause I'm too busy stopping the whammy bar from moving around when I need to use it.

Any solution?
AskewedOne  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2006 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

About half the time, I don't actually use the bar, I just slip a finger down onto the assembly itself and use it, instead of the bar itself for whammies. e.g. have my pinky hovering around that general area, and just use the side of the bar to push it to the left on SP sustain note(s).
Atremains  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2006 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i point mine down, or close to that, on purpose when im not using it (although thats probably from playing guitar for so long)

so just get to know the layout of the songs and when you need the whammy prepare yourself and know that you gotta go down there and get it
HsAxTakexIt (4:37:20 AM): XD
HsAxTakexIt (4:37:35 AM): too bad your elbow doesnt have a finger to push select
HsAxTakexIt (4:37:57 AM): the next evolution of man : the elbow finger
Psychohostile  

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2006 7:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i play with the whammy bar in my palm anyways, just habit i guess. i've had the game less than a week, but i already have 48 hours of gameplay. any solution to this problem?
eachann  

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2006 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Psychohostile wrote:
i play with the whammy bar in my palm anyways, just habit i guess. i've had the game less than a week, but i already have 48 hours of gameplay. any solution to this problem?

LOL
I'm in the exact same boat.. .been playing for less than a week and am spending every free moment playing. I don't have 48 hours yet, I have a job and stuff heh... but I am totally hooked on this game.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Guitar/Bass All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: