ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Not just for me but for a few others...

View previous topic :: View next topic  
EarthAD  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 4:39 am    Post subject: Not just for me but for a few others... Reply with quote

What is a rivalry? I am very interested to know.

And I do not know.
HylianHero  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 4:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A rivalry is a friendly competition between one person and another. Sometimes, the rivalry will include 3, 4, or sometimes groups of people, but for the most part, it's just two.

We'll use Rival A and Rival B for the example.

Rival A posts a thread addressing that he would like to face Rival B in a competition. It's kinda nice to message B before posting the thread, but it can be a spur of the moment thing if you want. B accepts, and the rivalry starts. This is where the rivalry rules can be changed around, since they're technically aren't any, butt I'll just go ahead and use the rules I normally use. Either A or B pick a difficulty they wish to play on to get the scores, then one of them picks a song to start off on. They both get their scores in within a few days of the song's selection, and whoever gets the highest score wins that round. After that, the person who chose last hands song selection over to the other person and they choose a song.

Lather, rinse, repeat, and you have a rivalry.

It's mainly just a friendly way to face off against a few people on the site.

PS: I'm gonna go ahead and add this to my FAQ.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 4:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So then we'd, in the next few days, try to get the highest score we could? And add it to our managing scores?(I am currently adding GH2 songs now, GH1 will be as well....)
HylianHero  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 5:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Assuming it's higher than the scores you got already, yes.

Most rivalries are for people who need an added incentive to play through some of the songs again. It's a sort of double reinforcement. "I'll scratch your back when you scratch mine" kinda thing.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Rivalries All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: