ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
RedTsunami's FAILPROOF Guide to 5-Staring RAINING BLOOD!
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Guitar/Bass
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Zknet  

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2007 10:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since I'm horrible at the gallop, I find the constant strum the only way I can keep a decent combo.

To add value: I find I do better at the song when I turn the band volume down. The mosh 1 just seems off beat with the band.
halcyonryu  

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2007 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I sort of thought I would never 5* this because I tend to screw up a lot on the little hammeron chain(which means no X8 on the triple chords) in mosh 2 and I had no idea how to approach the bridge. I used your path of sping over the chorus, and all it took was one lucky run where I fced the bridge and chorus and I finally 5-starred it, and on my 5* run I actually managed to screw up ALL 4 hammeron chains in mosh 2 >.<. Your tip to sp the chorus and to anchor green during the bridge is what got me 231000 and some change and my last 5* on the career, so thanks for the heads up.
Kingser  

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2007 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hate it hate it hate it hate it hate it. also, nice guide, only song left for me to 5*. hopefully this will help me do it
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: Kingser03 Wii Friend Code: 481157089049
Graf  

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2007 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent guide!

Very well put together, this should be stickied

Hey, we're around the same rank on 360 Guitar Hero III!

I still have some work to do, but I plan on breaking top 200 soon...

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2007 3:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is a very good guide. I also got the today

I find the green triplets section easier with a up down up pattern. but thats just me.

I used basically the same star power path as you. But i did use star power in the green triplets. I also used it a little bit later in the chords section and about half way into the fast

I'm becoming pretty good with my strumming arm which is a good advantage for me on this song. if i never 'ed misirlou i doubt that i could get this.

I fc'ed the green triplets with some star power usage. I also got the SP in the mosh one which is not really a problem for me. also by a miracle i got the one after in the verse. then pretty much did the same thing as your method.

Also for some reason i can't get the fast sections anymore. This means no 4x for the chords . I used to do them no prob but now i can't. This is why it took me so long to do i guess.

I hope this guide helps anyone else who is having problems but the thing is theres no way to do this with out practice. Raining blood is a very hard song to 5 star. I would say its worse then misirlou. Follow this guide and practice hard Good luck everyone.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2007 5:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why does everyone talk about feeling pain when playing these songs. I never feel pain even when I played gh for 10 hours straight the night I got it. After not playing for 3 weeks straight (except at this party I went to midway thru).

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2007 5:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

perfect, except on hard rain, I get 100% by doing
DUDUDUDUDUDU
at a steady pace
________
IPAD ACCESSORIES

Last edited by jscott1324 on Mon Mar 07, 2011 8:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: merman38
OverDeath  

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2007 7:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just 5* RB (last song i needed to 5* in expert) what i did was catch the first 2 sp's and activate it during "Hard Rain" (gallops), combo most of verse, then i -1 mosh 2, fc drizzle,bridge,and chorus and activate sp somwhere in bridge, then i fced the green streak and got like 10k in flood. ive been doing the song for a couple of days now and ive learned to fc verse which gives a shitload of pts and a sp if you keep a streak on it.
knosis  

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2007 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mosh 1, after the SP phrase, is the place that I activate. There are so many more points there when you keep a multiplier when compared to the gallops.

I get anywhere from 250k-275k on this song when doing this and still afford to mess up a lot.
x8alla8radx  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 4:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I finally 4 starred it today! Hyperspeed helped me alot! 2nd and 3rd times beating the song tonight! I should be able to do this with this great guide.

Hopefullly..

thats what she said
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger XBL Gamertag: x8alla  8radx
Kingser  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sweet guide dude! only problem for me is... i stink at the chorus. However, i got 217k once

Need a lockerz invite? PM me or email me at KingserSH@gmail.com
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: Kingser03 Wii Friend Code: 481157089049
Eric6844  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 12:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dude.. duh fuck? i get a hundred til mosh, usually get 80-85. and then get all beter percents till bridge but i cant break 210k.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Guitar/Bass All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: