ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
cowboys from hell-medium

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Guitar/Bass
View previous topic :: View next topic  
eachann  

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2006 5:32 pm    Post subject: cowboys from hell-medium Reply with quote

Woohoo, I finally 5 star'ed this one last night, giving me guitar god status on medium. I know, for most of you medium is for kids but I thought those last few songs were pretty tough

Anyway, the question I have for you people is how do you hit the 4 notes at the end of the main riff (the riff that the song starts out with) where you have the quick b-y-r-g notes? I would be able to 5-star this song every time if I could consistantly hit those, and my scores would be way above what I squeaked by on the 5 star with. I am very inconsistant with them though and of course every time I miss one I lose my multiplier. I don't know how I miss them, I feel like i'm hitting them perfectly but sometimes I get them and sometimes I don't. Every time I either miss one of the notes somehow or else I hit all the notes, but my strum and fret button are slightly off and it takes the last note as a pull-off and then the strum counts as an extra note. It's very aggrivating. I'm just wondering if you guys have some technique or idea on how I can hit those 4 notes more consistantly.

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2006 5:36 pm    Post subject: Re: cowboys from hell-medium Reply with quote

eachann wrote:
I feel like i'm hitting them perfectly but sometimes I get them and sometimes I don't.

Usually when this happens to me, I find that my fret fingers are moving too fast. Try laying back a bit making sure you strum before moving to the next note.

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2006 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Originally I had no trouble with the BYRG in medium ... then, after getting good enough to 5* most of expert, I found that I always missed these in Medium. So, I switched to using pull-offs (for all songs that use BYRG actually), and it's helped a lot.

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2006 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have same problem with CfH... i am starting practicing pull-offs tomorow

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2006 5:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This might sound odd, and to me, it was. I consistantly missed at least 2 of the four when I tried to strum them all. But I kept on doing it until I forgot to hit the strum bar and hit all four with PO's. For CfH, at least, I haven't looked back and actually found that I'm more consistant with B/Y/R/G by doing PO's instead of trying to strum them.
Sottle  

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2006 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had the same problem at first on Cowboys, until i discovered i was actually going too fast, and not too slow as i first thought. Might be the same for you, try and slow down a touch.
View user's profile Send private message XBL Gamertag: Sottle PSN Name: Sottle Wii Friend Code: 1365547015982980
eachann  

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2006 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did try using pulloffs. I was never able to get all 4 notes with one strum so I started strumming blue-PO yellow-strum red-pulloff green. That kind of worked , but I was still missing a lot.. .i'd say my % of hitting the 4 notes was about the same as when I was strumming all 4 notes.

I guess I just have to concentrate on not moving my fret fingers too fast and practice it a lot more.

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2006 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My pinky isn't good enough to play BYRG consistently, so I switch my hand to index on R and slide it over for the R-G transition. Being able to slide your hand quickly and easily is very, very helpful on Hard.

Bark at the Zoo
Berzerker  

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2006 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I actually hammer on those 4, but it still only works some of the time. That part and the y,rr,y,rr after the green/yellow chords screws me up alot.
catfish7  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2006 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've played it enough where I just strum them all. Out of all the BYRG's, I usually only miss one or two throughout the whole song. I want to use pulloffs, but consistently seeing those four notes go by with no sound at all is depressing.
HylianHero  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2006 12:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know how, but I magically taught myself how to hit all these parts with HO's and PO's. It's really amazing, since I NEVER use HO's/PO's.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2006 12:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

HylianHero wrote:
I don't know how, but I magically taught myself how to hit all these parts with HO's and PO's. It's really amazing, since I NEVER use HO's/PO's.

probably should, it make your GH life a lot easier...i first heard of them because i checked out the advanced techniqes tutorial...they made it sound wat to complicated though...but i realized that's i've done them before without even noticing...
HylianHero  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2006 12:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's really weird for me...I can't do the tutorial though.

I think it's because my fingers instinctively move too fast for the super slow HO's and PO's in the tutorial.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Guitar/Bass All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: