ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
6 star scores turning into 7 stars

View previous topic :: View next topic  
kungfumidget  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2006 6:14 am    Post subject: 6 star scores turning into 7 stars Reply with quote

There are currently 3 songs for GH2 on hard that have cutoffs proven. My scores should be 6 stars, and origonally were counted as 6 star scores. Then today, they magically all turned to 7 star scores, but I'm still below the 7 star cutoff for all of them. Not that I particularly mind having 7 star scores, but I was wondering what was going on and if those were supposed to be 7 star scores or there was some sort of a bug. Thanks.
MJM249  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2006 6:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm pretty certain that the formula for calculating the ratings has changed slightly, but they haven't yet adjusted it for the predicted cutoff pages, so they still rate 5 stars as 3x the base, 6 stars as 4x, etc.
JCirri  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2006 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MJM249 wrote:
I'm pretty certain that the formula for calculating the ratings has changed slightly

Correct.

MJM249 wrote:
but they haven't yet adjusted it for the predicted cutoff pages, so they still rate 5 stars as 3x the base, 6 stars as 4x, etc.

Incorrect.

The ratings shown now reflect the system in both games. The decimal rating that is shown tells you how close you are to whichever rating that you have, it is not an indicator of average multiplier.

I should make an announcement about it, but basically:

Code:
|                   |   Avg. Mult.     | SH Decimal Rating |
|   In-game Rating  |   GH1  |   GH2   |   GH1   |   GH2   |
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
|      4-stars      |  2.0x  |  2.0x   |   4.0   |   4.0   |
|      5-stars      |  3.0x  |  2.8x   |   5.0   |   5.0   |
|      6-stars      |  4.0x  |  3.6x   |   6.0   |   6.0   |
|      7-stars      |  5.0x  |  4.4x   |   7.0   |   7.0   |
|      8-stars      |  6.0x  |  5.2x   |   8.0   |   8.0   |
|      9-stars      |  7.0x  |  6.0x   |   9.0   |   9.0   |

As you can see, the scale is different for each game since a lower average muliplier is required for higher ratings in GH2 than GH1. However, the displayed decimal ratings are simply that, decimal versions of the rating. So it wouldn't make sense to show 5-stars as 4.8. As a result I've adjusted the scale to correspond to the game's systems while still maintaining the concept of a "decimal rating".

(since this is fairly informative, I'll post this in Website Disc as well)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Bug Reports All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: