ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
CD-DVD Generator Problems

View previous topic :: View next topic  
de4dmeta1  

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2006 10:38 pm    Post subject: CD-DVD Generator Problems Reply with quote

I made a little post about this in Sottle's 'idiot-proof' guide, but I figure this might get better responses (if any).

I was trying to install CD-DVD Generator on my computer so I can finalize my chop-shopped gh2 disk, but I can't get the thing to install at all.
I start the setup running, the computer chugs along for a little while, then stops. I don't get any setup windows, any error messages, nothing.

Now, I'm thinking this may be because I'm running Vista, but has anyone else had the same problem? I'd prefer to avoid transferring all the work I've done over to another computer just to burn it.
mscbuck  

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2006 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll look into it and PM the solution to you.

it did the same thing for me, and the solution involved copying a file over from one directory to the system32 directory. I shall try and find which one...
de4dmeta1  

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2006 4:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alrighty, while I wait on a reply on that one, here's another 2 questions - are there any alternatives to using CD-DVD Generator? Does it have to be that program, or are there other good ones to be found on the intarweb?

The other bit - I transferred the files over to another computer, installed that damned program, followed the instructions... and the .iml file I got was no more than 50 bytes. Something don't seem right about that.
thespike  

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2006 5:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah it won't install it all for me, maybe same case with yours. This is holding me back from playing custom songs.

http://i11.tinypic.com/2vl5wdf.jpg

so mscbuck, I'll like if you helped me out too.
mscbuck  

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2006 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You will need to make sure you can see hidden files, and also browse hidden "protected" windows directories (they hide them so you don't mess anything up). This should be it though. I think this should be added to the "idiots guide to custom songs", because I've had a few friends who had the problem with the 16-bit windows subsystem error.

Solution: Some applications require 16 bit Windows technology which requires a valid AUTOEXEC.NT file. Before following the process below you should be aware that it's possible the user could have a corrupted AUTOEXEC.NT file. Following the process will replace that file and eliminate the corruption, but since viruses have been known to cause corruption of the AUTOEXEC.NT file, you should inform the user to run a virus scan on their system to eliminate any possibilities of a threat.

Have the user:

1. Browse to "%windir%/repair/" (usually "C:\WINDOWS\repair")
2. Right-Click and Copy the AUTOEXEC.NT file
3. Browse to "%windir%/system32/" (usually "C:\WINDOWS\System32")
4. Right-Click inside the window and Paste the file
thespike  

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2006 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mscbuck wrote:
You will need to make sure you can see hidden files, and also browse hidden "protected" windows directories (they hide them so you don't mess anything up). This should be it though. I think this should be added to the "idiots guide to custom songs", because I've had a few friends who had the problem with the 16-bit windows subsystem error.

Solution: Some applications require 16 bit Windows technology which requires a valid AUTOEXEC.NT file. Before following the process below you should be aware that it's possible the user could have a corrupted AUTOEXEC.NT file. Following the process will replace that file and eliminate the corruption, but since viruses have been known to cause corruption of the AUTOEXEC.NT file, you should inform the user to run a virus scan on their system to eliminate any possibilities of a threat.

Have the user:

1. Browse to "%windir%/repair/" (usually "C:\WINDOWS\repair")
2. Right-Click and Copy the AUTOEXEC.NT file
3. Browse to "%windir%/system32/" (usually "C:\WINDOWS\System32")
4. Right-Click inside the window and Paste the file

OMG thanks you sooooo much, I can finally play custom songs!
Exilon  

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2006 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

An alternative would be to use UltraISO as that can make bootable PS2 disks without creating IML then converting, it does it straight to ISO.
timmy21  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

can i create a working iso using ultraiso to convert the imL?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Software All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: