ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
GH3 Customs Don't Work In Vista?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
MSH-Hitman  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2008 8:09 am    Post subject: GH3 Customs Don't Work In Vista? Reply with quote

Well I installed GH3 onto my computer which is Windows XP and did everything to get custom songs into the game. I have about 10 to 15 that work just fine on there.

I figured then I would try to get it working on my sisters laptop which is brand new with Vista. I can get GH3 installed just fine and I can do everything with the songlist editor, but I can't get the customs to work.

The simple "G, G" code to unlock the songs doesn't work, so I tried the regular "long" version of it which unlocks everything, but the customs don't show up. Any idea what might be wrong or are custom songs just not compatible with Vista?
GameZelda  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2008 8:33 am    Post subject: Re: GH3 Customs Don't Work In Vista? Reply with quote

MSH-Hitman wrote:
Well I installed GH3 onto my computer which is Windows XP and did everything to get custom songs into the game. I have about 10 to 15 that work just fine on there.

I figured then I would try to get it working on my sisters laptop which is brand new with Vista. I can get GH3 installed just fine and I can do everything with the songlist editor, but I can't get the customs to work.

The simple "G, G" code to unlock the songs doesn't work, so I tried the regular "long" version of it which unlocks everything, but the customs don't show up. Any idea what might be wrong or are custom songs just not compatible with Vista?

Probably that's not the problem since you said that you already done customs on your Windows XP but... did you save?

Vista FTL

GH:WT-PS2 Customization Progress
[100%] Make it work (w/songs loading) in a DVD5 (thanks psychospacefish!)
[100%] Modify audio (Finally done 25/11/2008)
[100%] Modify charts (Done 26/11/2008! Customs finally )
Darkfrost  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2008 9:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Make sure you do the Right click > Run as admin thing on the songlist editor
MSH-Hitman  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2008 6:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darkfrost wrote:

I'll give that a try and yes I did save the songs when I was done. I have over 15 working on my machine, so I know how to get them working, heh.
bamhm182  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2008 6:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm having the same trouble it's Vista's da** "feature" that makes it so that nothing is overwriteable as long as it is in the Program Files or Windows and any other important place...

My solution was to cut it to the desktop, edit it, than move it back, it works, however, it takes a while... If anyone knows a way to fix it, that'd be AWESOME.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2008 7:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Right Click song list editor and choose "Run as Administrator". I just tried it and it worked. I find it stupid as hell, since there are no other users on the laptop, so i would assume that it would've been admin anyways. All that you need to do.
bamhm182  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2008 7:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmn... I've tried that, it doesn't work for me...

I always get this in the songlist_editor.log

****** Error: 2008-02-24 00:09:11.312000 *****

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "PythonCard\menu.pyc", line 204, in _dispatch
File "songlist_editor.py", line 557, in on_menuFileSave_select
NameError: global name 'identifiers' is not defined

Anyone know what that means? Like I said, it works when it's on the desktop because I got the song in there then, but it doesn't work when it's in the Program Files...

EDIT: I turned off the UAC thinking that might help, it didn't... It doesn't matter though, that thing's annoying and I wanted it off anyways...

EDIT 2: Ugh... Now even when it's on the desktop it doesn't want to work...

EDIT 3: OOOOH! God, I bet I feel like more of an idiot, it's because the files don't like to be hidden, I hid all of them except for the song_editor.exe and the log... When I unhid them, it worked fine.

Too bad that it's not all in 1 exe or something, I hate having a folder with a lot of files in it for some reason... Oh well, at least it works!

EDIT 4: I just thought of a way how you can make it always run with admin rights and also a fix to my pet peeve.

1. Take the Songlist Editor folder and put it in the program files, or anywhere else doesn't really matter.

2. Make a shortcut and point it at the songlist_editor.exe.

3. Right-click on the shortcut and click Properties, than Advanced, than tick Run as Administrator and click ok, than ok again to save the changes.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2008 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its working fine for me..

Got vista home premium :O
killawiz  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2008 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

I agree to this one with Darkfrost, even though I don't have the game for PC. I've had many issues of programs not running because I wasn't running it as an admin.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Software All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: