ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
When console shortages kill...
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Gaming Discussion (Non-Music Games)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CrackerRiley  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 3:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Metalmuppet wrote:
CrackerRiley wrote:
Metalmuppet wrote:
buttfaceninja wrote:
Guess you can drink too much water.

Yeah, but not the intoxicated kind like what that woman did. Intoxication will make you die.

what???

I'm referring to the bad kind of water. The one that caused the woman to die. In case you're wondering.

......what? haha.... ooooh that kind of water. the intoxicated kind. the story is on a woman getting water intoxication not drinking intoxicated water.
Huwonk  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Matt wrote:
You realize that too much of *any* liquid can kill you, right? Even spring water. What happens is your blood cells try to absorb too much water and begin to explode.

Exactly. Supposedly it is an incredibly painful way to die.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I remember reading a while ago about some crazy woman who believed she was possessed by demons, and drank something like 30 bottles of water in a row. She, of course, also succumbed to this, but I wonder if there is some kind of warning sign that your body will give you to say "Hey - you'd better stop this RIGHT now, or I'm going to get PISSED!"

Can't be a pleasant way to go
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: wuLFe79 PSN Name: wuLFe
SThorpe  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Huwonk wrote:
Matt wrote:
You realize that too much of *any* liquid can kill you, right? Even spring water. What happens is your blood cells try to absorb too much water and begin to explode.

Exactly. Supposedly it is an incredibly painful way to die.

Yeah, fucking hell. So every blood cell? I can't even imagine how that would feel.
EviLize  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DevilMayAsian wrote:
man....that last sentence fucking kills me.

QFT. It's crazy what a parent will go through and give up to see their children happy.

Riz wrote:
Yes, the woman was an idiot, but it's pretty much a proven fact that far too many people will do moronic things when goaded into it by moronic radio show hosts.

Why was she an idiot? Because she was doing something she believed was totally safe in order to get a gift for her children? It was the radio station's fault for not researching how dangerous something like this could be, and either imposing certain limits, or doing a different challenge altogether.
Nytwolf  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My first thought when I read about this was, "How guilty do the kids feel when they play that Wii now!!!!!"

I don't know if I could even play knowing my mom died to get it. I feel horrible for her kids and her family.
Riz  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EviLize wrote:
Riz wrote:
Yes, the woman was an idiot, but it's pretty much a proven fact that far too many people will do moronic things when goaded into it by moronic radio show hosts.

Why was she an idiot? Because she was doing something she believed was totally safe in order to get a gift for her children? It was the radio station's fault for not researching how dangerous something like this could be, and either imposing certain limits, or doing a different challenge altogether.

She was an idiot because it was her responsibility, ultimately, to know that what she was doing to herself was potentially deadly, as well as being willing to demean herself before the radio station morons in the name of a $250 piece of hardware. These shows thrive on making people look like idiots, by whatever means necessary. They thrive on treating people like crap, and making them (at least pretend to) like it. She obliged. Neither her life, nor her dignity, are worth $250 or getting a Wii a couple of weeks sooner, I don't care how much she loves her kids. Yes, the station is partly, even mostly, to blame for coming up with this moronic idea in the first place, but the participants are not blameless either. In my not very humble opinion, people who even listen to these crap radio shows, much less participate in these kinds of "promotions", are, by definition, idiots. Free country and all that... free... to be stupid.

Update: Ten fired over deadly contest. They got off easy.

Riz.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 11:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Matt wrote:

ow

that sounds painful
COBW3BB  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 12:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I heard this on the news. Sad.

I hate Nintendo.

Riz  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 1:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Further update... now the sheriff is on the case, finally: http://www.mercurynews.com/mld/mercurynews/news/breaking_news/16483457.htm

Riz.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 2:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wuLFe wrote:
She, of course, also succumbed to this, but I wonder if there is some kind of warning sign that your body will give you to say "Hey - you'd better stop this RIGHT now, or I'm going to get PISSED!"

You feel exceedingly full, you may throw up, you will have an immense urge to pee.... ignore these, and yes, you will most likely die. It's like sticking your head in a bowl of water and ignoring the pain in your lungs when you cant breath...
JHetfield0816  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 2:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Matt wrote:

You feel exceedingly full, you may throw up, you will have an immense urge to pee.... ignore these, and yes, you will most likely die. It's like sticking your head in a bowl of water and ignoring the pain in your lungs when you cant breath...

I bet you that IEG does that.

"The resistance that you fight physically in the gym and the resistance that you fight in life can only build a strong character." - Arnold
suspectfenster  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 8:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the links Riz....they really shed some light on what complete assholes these DJ's were. Honestly...I can't believe somebody didn't at least once think that maybe this is a serious problem that shouldn't be carried out. It's a pity.
EviLize  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 2:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And she placed second, too.
KetchuponEggs  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2007 7:03 am    Post subject: Re: When console shortages kill... Reply with quote

wuLFe wrote:

At some stage, you have to think to yourself..
"y'know - this is a BAD idea"

odg...wuLFe just won quotable quote of the day.

<Fenster> eh
<Fenster> 89 is only 7 less
<Fenster> what's 7 quite bitter beings when you already have 89
* You were kicked from #toys by Echelar (MAGIC PENIS BOX-HO)
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Toxin066 PSN Name: Toxin066
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Gaming Discussion (Non-Music Games) All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: