Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
GH2 Midi Encyclopedia / Dictionary
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Riz  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 8:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That, and it also focuses specifically on the MIDI, where the other contains a lot of ARK and VGS details.

Riz.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 10:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ruippeixotog wrote:
Good compilation... but isn't almost all of this thread's information in this sticky?

Yeah, but I didn't even use that as a reference. The last time that was updated was long ago, infact the day after the GH2 bonus disc.. there was lot of information innacurate about GH2's midi's in there.. especially the BAND_DRUM and TRIGGERs.. which I've found have ALOT to do with eachother and am researching at this moment. Also, I have "swept" throughe very mid's events and documented everyone one I Saw.. my favoreite is the ow_face and band_jump xD
nhanha  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I convert my GH1 VGS/MIDs to GH2.

On single player they works fine.

But on the Multiplayer (Pro/FaceOff) the sound for second player don't play when a note is hit.

I change VGS, create a 6 channels VGS and nothing work.

I think the problem is the MID, i think there is a note or anything that made sound's play for 2nd player.

I take a look on MID and see the notes 40 to 52/53/54 have some marks. No one have mentioned this notes before, i don't know whats they do.

I trying to find what part of MID play sound on Multiplayer but without success.

Please Help Me.

Thanks.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sweet, I didn't want to start my own thread for this hehe.

Confirmed:
In the PART GUITAR, PART GUITAR COOP, PART RHYTHM, and PART BASS tracks, notes 40 to 58 control the guitarists hand position and animation on the fretboard. Note 40 having the hand near the nut, 58 hand near the neck pickup. Sustained notes will make the guitarist perform a vibrato on the notes. The speed of the vibrato is dependent on if the guitarist is in play, wail or solo mode.

Unconfirmed:
Some of the notes are the same hand positions on the fretboard, but triggers the guitarist to use different fingers. I'm still trying to determine the exact pattern here.
rage2  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The triggers track from what I've been able to find controls background animations at each venue, not the drummer. Don't have my notes handy, but off the top of my head note 52, for example, controls the fire pyro effect at the Austin TX stage, while on other stages causes the fretboard to start shooting sparks where the guitarist's hand is. I have a incomplete list of all events I found for the triggers track, I'll post it once I have it completed.
thewhyan  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well Riz, you can always make a subforum with these tutorials or the programs.
ChrisVance  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rage2 wrote:
The triggers track from what I've been able to find controls background animations at each venue, not the drummer. Don't have my notes handy, but off the top of my head note 52, for example, controls the fire pyro effect at the Austin TX stage, while on other stages causes the fretboard to start shooting sparks where the guitarist's hand is. I have a incomplete list of all events I found for the triggers track, I'll post it once I have it completed.

I have to diasagree, play Hanger 18. Just the intro, where the drummer hits his drumsticks. Now the end where teh drummer is hitting the cymbals.

These are only marked on the TRIGGERS list, on Hanger 18, no where else are there notes in the 1 or 2 measures. Check it.
jpw21683  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for all this info, ChrisVance.

My question is, is it possible to get the singer's mouth moving in sync with the vocals? Looking in the MIDI/VGS thread, it looks like on GH1 mouth movements were controlled by a single note on the BAND_SINGER track. I've tried this with my custom-made midi in GH2, and it doesn't work.

I know that I can use "[idle]" and "[play]", but that doesn't tell the game exactly when to open and close the singer's mouth.

I played through several of the default GH2 songs to see if his mouth moves in sync to the lyrics, and it looks like it, however examining those MIDIs reveals nothing. Am I overlooking something?
ChrisVance  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jpw21683 wrote:

My question is, is it possible to get the singer's mouth moving in sync with the vocals? Looking in the MIDI/VGS thread, it looks like on GH1 mouth movements were controlled by a single note on the BAND_SINGER track. I've tried this with my custom-made midi in GH2, and it doesn't work.

I know that I can use "[idle]" and "[play]", but that doesn't tell the game exactly when to open and close the singer's mouth.

I played through several of the default GH2 songs to see if his mouth moves in sync to the lyrics, and it looks like it, however examining those MIDIs reveals nothing. Am I overlooking something?

It looks like that will be my next thing I tackle.. it might even be one of the unknown "triggers" I'm burnign a disc as we speak with a no notes, no anything, just a LONG song, and a BUNCH of triggers being played repeatedly one note at a time, 1 minute per trigger. I'll find out what it is =D
rage2  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ChrisVance wrote:
I have to diasagree, play Hanger 18. Just the intro, where the drummer hits his drumsticks. Now the end where teh drummer is hitting the cymbals.

These are only marked on the TRIGGERS list, on Hanger 18, no where else are there notes in the 1 or 2 measures. Check it.

Thanks, I'll take a look at Hangar 18 and do some testing with it.
jpw21683 wrote:

As far as I know, GH2 only uses the [idle] and [play]. There's no additional data for controlling lip movement. I did some testing here with a test audio track, and I believe the lip movement is based on audio in Track 0 and Track 1 in the VGS file to determine when the mouth opens and closes.

I did the test with my trooper song, where at the beginning you hear the singer say "this song is from the piece of mind album it's called the trooper". All I did was put [play] then [idle] at the end of that sentence in the MID and the mouth seems to match the words. I overdubbed that with a different sentence, and it seems to have matched the new sentence. Maybe I'm hallucinating, but I'm pretty sure that mouth movement was noticably different between the 2 versions.
rage2  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ChrisVance wrote:
It looks like that will be my next thing I tackle.. it might even be one of the unknown "triggers" I'm burnign a disc as we speak with a no notes, no anything, just a LONG song, and a BUNCH of triggers being played repeatedly one note at a time, 1 minute per trigger. I'll find out what it is =D

haha I've been doing the exact same thing for testing. You need at least 1 note, or the game will freeze. I used freebird (longest song) and deleted all the notes except for the first and last. That way you can keep track of where you are in the song and which "note" event you're testing.
ruippeixotog  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 11:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I only analyzed yyz midi, but I saw some events you can add. ;)
Add [crowd_half_tempo], [crowd_normal_tempo] and [crowd_double_tempo] to EVENTS track; all other BAND tracks, except SINGER, use [half_tempo], [normal_tempo] and [double_tempo] too. There is also [map HandMap_Default], [map HandMap_DropD2], [map HandMap_NoChords], etc... don't know if you didn't add them because you are trying to discover more information about their relation to TRIGGERS.
Anyway, it is a good compilation, I found out it has more information that the sticky I said before (and I am too lazy to go look at all GH2 midis for new events ). And with the information about TRIGGERS, it will be even better. ;)

Btw, rage2, check your PMs ;)
ChrisVance  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 11:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ruippeixotog wrote:
I only analyzed yyz midi, but I saw some events you can add. ;)
Add [crowd_half_tempo], [crowd_normal_tempo] and [crowd_double_tempo] to EVENTS track; all other BAND tracks, except SINGER, use [half_tempo], [normal_tempo] and [double_tempo] too. There is also [map HandMap_Default], [map HandMap_DropD2], [map HandMap_NoChords], etc... don't know if you didn't add them because you are trying to discover more information about their relation to TRIGGERS.
Anyway, it is a good compilation, I found out it has more information that the sticky I said before (and I am too lazy to go look at all GH2 midis for new events ). And with the information about TRIGGERS, it will be even better. ;)

Thank you, but do you know what these do? I'll ahve to look myself q.q I guess.
ruippeixotog  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 11:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Crowd events are pretty self-explanatory... The tempo events control tempo-based animations, like key pressing velocity and drummer's moving animation. About those events being in BASS tracks (even in PART BASS), they may be used to control bass animation outside coop (not sure, though). About map events, they control guitarist's hand animation.
Riff wrote:
[map HandMap_Default]: default fret hand animation mapping
[map HandMap_DropD2]: drop D2 fret hand animation mapping
[map HandMap_NoChords]: fret hand animation mapping that guarantees no chords are formed
ChrisVance  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 11:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you, I will edit this tonight =D PS Please PM me if you have something you want to add everyone, It's easier for me that way q.q (I will give props to all additions)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Software All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 2 of 5

Jump to: