ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Concerning Free Bird...
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc GH Game Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BlueTornado  

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I decided to try Free Bird on expert once and I actually made it to 60% before failing. I was actually quite surprised but at Solo C, I used SP and I anchored red and tried strumming to the yellows. When Solo C ended, I was blinking red and I failed at Solo D due to hard rhythm and my rock meter wasn't high enough to carry me through.

You have died of dysentery. Put in your sig if lemons.
Proud Christian: If you are a Christian, put this in your sig. Let's see how many Christians are on ScoreHero!
***My Accomplishments: 67 RB2 H Guitar FCs!***
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message XBL Gamertag: BlueTornadoSH
Kroikey  

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got GH2 and played through the last 4 tiers in one sitting. Sweat was pouring out of me and my hand felt dizzy (on medium lawl), then I got the same ole...
orimarc wrote:
"You wanna play Free Bird?" "Yes."
"Are you sure you wanna play this?"
"That song is only for the best players. Are you sure?"
"Ok, there's no turning back, do you really want to play Free Bird?"
I was pretty bemused about it all, because I'd accidentally skipped past the bits that said what it was I would be playing, so I was all like "erm....wtf?"

I aced the first half and vaguely recognised the song playing, but fuck me, when it kicked off I remember 3 minutes in with hand cramp shouting of my girlfriend to come take a look, or should I say I shouted through to her feebly "Help...help..."

A few months later my 8 yr old daughter managed to flatten Freebird on medium and I've never been so proud! Awesome to see her rocking out when all kids usually hear is pop or chav rave stuff. (Not that I dont like dance, but MC's STFU!)

The song has definately become one of my favourite songs of all time, mainly because the lyrics sum up every mans basic "I wanna fuck em' all everywhere" desire. Settle down? FLY HIGH FREEBIRD!

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I heard Freebird on GH. My friend was flipping out on me because I never even heard of Lynard Skynard -prepares for flaming-, but yeah I was playing on medium. The day I saw it on expert I sat there with my jaw dropped knowing I would never be able to do it. But I can 5* today so yeah ^_^.

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I heard it first in San Andreas
Evilwii  

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

new this song years ago ive also herd a metal verison and i herd it today on the radio for the first time on onair radio
tschubauer  

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Of course I had heard Free Bird before guitar hero, its pretty much impossible to manage to NOT hear it before this game. I had no trouble on it on medium and hard, but as i was holding down that blue note the first time I played it on expert I remember thinking, oh shit....oh..shit...

But i passed it first try. Probably a combination of adrenaline from several friends being there to witness it, and also lots of star power.
brunarchist  

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2008 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Funny stuff happened to my cousin; he never heard the song before. He tried out the song in Expert and by just hearing the intro, he was starting to get like "Meh, I could get through this song!". Then comes the hard part, he was then turning to "OMG!!" and there, he FAILED
FinalAeon  

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2008 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

First time I heard it was at the end of my Medium Career. I had a suspicion it would turn up after a while but after 5-6 minutes easy stuff, I nearly thought that was it (or there would be another song after that). H18 was a lot more troublesome that FB's slow part (obviously). When the speed up came, I knew my fingers would discover a whole new level of pain - and they did!

Mushy2008  

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2008 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep I first heard it at the end of Medium as well... **** I sucked back then I actually thought it was the dumbest game ever... and just a big gimmick like DDR... ( I actually am really good at both now)

But My first time playing Free Bird I was downstairs with my dad and this was like 2 years ago or something and I remember finally beating Psycobilly Freakout because I was stuck on it ForEVAR... and I was like YES Because I thought It was the last song... then all of a sudden they start to yell FREE BIRD FREE BIRD... and I was like lolwut I just beat the game... and then I saw the encore screen I was like ok.... and I"m like Fing yes I want to playFree Bird...because it asks you like 20 million times... anyway... I start the song out and my dad Immediatley Recognizes it I recognize Lynard Skynard from Sweet Home Alabama but never heard of them any where else... and I'm like ok this might be fun... So then started the bore fest for the first 5 minutes and I'm like this song is dumb... and my dad is like don't worry you won't think that in a couple minutes... to make a long story short.... on my first try I got through all of the solos and I was like holy crap that was awesome... but I ended up beating it and It was a really cool REALLY COOL experience at finnally really beat the game... but yeah... good times good times...

tl;dr (First time I have used this)

First 5 minutes though Free Bird was Dumb, then solos came, Thought it was awesome, and loved the ending. EPIC EXPERIENCE

View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Mushy2008 PSN Name: Mushy2008 Wii Friend Code: 4798547854137468 ICQ Number
underoath87  

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2008 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Twang wrote:
Concerning your sig: Once you complete your last goal, you will know the answer to your last question.

Ha...haha...hahaha

PSN: Chlamydiais1337
elgatogordo  

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2008 6:50 pm    Post subject: Re: Concerning Free Bird... Reply with quote

Shotgunmerc wrote:
Did you first hear Free Bird as the Final Encore of GH2?

If so, what were you thinking for the first 5 minutes, and what did you think once you saw the solo?

If you heard it for the first time outside of GH, what was it like?

I heard it the first time on Guitar Hero, and even though i was playing on Medium, my arm ached due to the length.

Recount your first free bird experience.

Hmmm... First encountered it on medium and was like, wow lame... Then hard, again, wow lame. Then expert, wow really lame, cause I failed it. Then beat it but I still hate it.

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2008 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was freaking because I thought I'd fail it. It was easier than Hangar 18 though and left me with a strange mix of disappointment and excitement.
Music is like candy, you throw out the (w)rappers.
People who rap aren't rappers, they're rap-ists, y'know, like art-ists. Which looks suspiciously like the word "rapist".
pangbulle  

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2008 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im 22, i had never heard Free Bird before i played it on Guitar Hero. It was the second night of play, and me and some friends had managed to play through the setlist on medium. When the solo showed up i was stunned by how totally insane and hard it was!1 After they gave up, i tried uncountable times and finally passed it.

It instantly became one of my all-time favourite songs, but i guess it has alot of sentimental value considering the circumstances.
Shikka  

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2008 11:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know I had heard Freebird before I played GH because when I was playing the song, it seemed familiar somehow. The only thing that I can remember from playing it my first time on medium was me thinking "Holy shit, how long is this song?!!"

egraves7  

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2008 12:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Parama wrote:
If you hadn't heard freebird before, you probably never listened to radio ever in you life <_<

It's one of those songs that you have heard, whether you remember it or not. Personally, I first heard it in Forrest Gump, so what, 14 years ago? However, I never really realized the complexity of the solo until I saw it charted in GH2.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc GH Game Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

Jump to: