ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Re-built image throws up black screen when booting in PS2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Frankee  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 4:51 pm    Post subject: Re-built image throws up black screen when booting in PS2 Reply with quote

Hey all,

First off, i hope this is the right place for these kinda questions... lol

My friend linked me to this site not to long ago and i love it, great job on this compilation of data to do your own custom songs in GH and GH2!

Anyways, i followed the guide to the T to over-write the tracks with custom ones, after i finished editing the main file to change up the tracks, i rebuilt the ISO two different ways..

1) by injecting the new main into my original GH2 iso and replacing the original

and

2) rebuilding an ISO from scratch using CD-DVD ROM generator and Apache

but when i put either of the disc's inside my modded ps2, it boots to a black screen and hangs there....

Anyone have any idea's what is causing this??
I can't seem to figure out what else to do aside from rebuilding the main from scratch again but i really want to avoid that.

Guitar Hero Explorer did crash on me while i was adding VGS files and MID files as well, but it opened fine in the explorer afterwards and seemed ok, this is why i think i may need to rebuild the whole Main.HDR...

Thanks in advanced!
(itching to play these custom songs after all the work i put into this... :S)
hairball  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Common problem seems to be the DVD media.
jpw21683  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hairball wrote:
Common problem seems to be the DVD media.

I'd say that or burn the disc at a slower speed.

When using CD/DVD Generator, did you drag and drop the folders & files in the correct order?
Frankee  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yup, i moved them in the correct order, i also used 3 different types of DVD's, Memorex, Sony and Raidata (up to 3 coasters now :S)

Burnt on 4x speed (as instructed by guide) and 2x speed (my drives wont support lower than that)
mscbuck  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 11:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd attribute this even more to just some weird error in the process than media. Because it would do the same thing even on my PS2 Hard Drive.

Frankly, I don't have an answer. Sometimes it would build the ISO fine, other times it won't. however, here are things to look for...

1. Use Apache2, not Apache3, to build the ISO. My experience has been that if Apache2 builds the ISO successfully, it has worked everytime on my PS2. Some people cite the 99% hanging error, and that does happen with Apache2, but I've noticed that usually means that the ISO just won't work.

2. I've had more success with CD-DVD Gen 1.20 than 2.00.
ChrisVance  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 11:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess I got lucky and everything works right for me every time xD .. must be the fact that my computer is not even a month old.
TehBanStick  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 2:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I may be wrong, but I could have sworn you replace the whole GEN folder, not just the ark.
Seeing how I thought when you replace in GHEX, it adds the new song at the end, and moves every other file down to fill it in, changing the offsets in the HDR file.
If I misinterpreted the post, then it could have just been what you used to create the ISO.
DarkRider2k3  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 3:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mscbuck wrote:
I'd attribute this even more to just some weird error in the process than media. Because it would do the same thing even on my PS2 Hard Drive.

Frankly, I don't have an answer. Sometimes it would build the ISO fine, other times it won't. however, here are things to look for...

1. Use Apache2, not Apache3, to build the ISO. My experience has been that if Apache2 builds the ISO successfully, it has worked everytime on my PS2. Some people cite the 99% hanging error, and that does happen with Apache2, but I've noticed that usually means that the ISO just won't work.

2. I've had more success with CD-DVD Gen 1.20 than 2.00.

The first time I tried burning to my PS2's Hard drive, I got a black screen.. I found out later that I had not typed in the Disc Name right

so make sure that you have the correct Disc Name, or you'll get a black screen..
katamakel  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 9:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TehBanStick wrote:
I may be wrong, but I could have sworn you replace the whole GEN folder, not just the ark.
Seeing how I thought when you replace in GHEX, it adds the new song at the end, and moves every other file down to fill it in, changing the offsets in the HDR file.
If I misinterpreted the post, then it could have just been what you used to create the ISO.

You are correct about ghex sir, both .hdr and .ark needs to be replaced on the disc.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Software All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: