ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
anyone else waiting for KH2: Final Mix+?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Gaming Discussion (Non-Music Games)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DarkCalx  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2007 10:20 pm    Post subject: anyone else waiting for KH2: Final Mix+? Reply with quote

chances are im going to import the jap ver and buy it when it comes out in us (confirmed for fall i believe), just like i did with the original KH2, but is anyone else waiting for it?
im interested to see the new cutscenes and how CoM will be with the KH2 engine.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: DarkCalx PSN Name: DarkCalx Wii Friend Code: 7543253894078421
buttfaceninja  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2007 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If it wasnt going to all be Japanese then id play through it again with the extra stuff. But unless they release it hear stateside, then no.
DarkCalx  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2007 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

it is coming out here. in the fall. but even if it wasnt, the original final mix was in english (it essentially had all the thing we got that the jap ver didnt have, but added a few more cutscenes, although they didnt have any speach, just text, except for one, but they just reused other lines from earlier in the game). chances are, itll be the same with FM+. english speach with japanese subs, and some extra stuff with just text. although i would hate for the new sora-roxas fight to not be dubbed.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: DarkCalx PSN Name: DarkCalx Wii Friend Code: 7543253894078421
buttfaceninja  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 1:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well then im gonna have to check this out soon.
tommy2000  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CoM was pretty good, interesting to see how this turns out but i'm not exactly super excited about it to be honest.
TheRavage  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 3:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What the hell is CoM? D:

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 4:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheRavage wrote:
What the hell is CoM? D:

Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories, a game for the GBA that takes place in-between KH 1 and II. Storywise, basically it introduces some of the characters that show up in KH2, and explains what happened with Sora and Riku after -

[KH 1 END SPOILERS]

defeating Ansem and shutting the door to Kingdom Hearts. Remember at the very end where the three are walking down a path and Pluto shows up with a letter from Mickey? That's where it picks up.

[/SPOILER]

The KH2 plot is such that you don't really need to play it to get the main gist of the story (in fact as you play through KH2, you'll notice that the characters themselves (well, most of them) have no idea what happened. But it gives you a little extra story that you wouldn't get otherwise.

I never played it because I don't own a GBA, but I learned the plot through a little research. Also, it had kind of a funky battle system - you basically did all your actions with cards.
blazelust  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 6:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I couldn't get through CoM because I hated the battle system, but if you have some free time on your hands, there's a series of videos on YouTube called Skies of Memories that shows you all of the cutscenes from CoM.
DarkCalx  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 11:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bcruise wrote:
you'll notice that the characters themselves (well, most of them) have no idea what happened.

Spoiler Time Go! -d (this explains the ending to soras game)
wrote:
at the end of CoM, sora (not the player) is given the option of having his memories restored (they were mucked with throughout the game), or continuing on with the false memories Namine made. sora wants his original memories back, buty since hes such a nice guy, he wants to remain friends with namine, so jiminy make a not to thank namine, thats why you have that note when you gain controll of sora roughly halfway through the game. namine says itll take time to repair soras memories, and thats why hes in the cocoon thing. roughly a year passes between the end of CoM and the start of KH2, and thats why soras original clothes (which i never liked) dont fit anymore.

if you want images and such, go here
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Gaming Discussion (Non-Music Games) All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: