ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
PS3 = Fail???
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Gaming Discussion (Non-Music Games)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rorschach  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone remember the 3DO? Didn't think so :p $700, no sales. Let's all point and laugh at Trip Hawkins.

Personally, I don't give a rat's ass who wins the console wars. I own a Wii, it's fun as hell. My stepbrother has a 360, it's useful. I don't need a PS3, since I couldn't care less about Final friggin' Fantasy or Metal Gear Solid (BTW, Hideo Kojima says he reeeeeeeeally wants to develop something for the Wii).

Here's why the PS3 is useless:

-Tons of processing power, not nearly enough RAM to use it.
-Terrible, terrible games (for now).
-Hard to develop for, so games probably won't improve for a while.
-Blu-Ray.
-Two configurations (ugh, I'm glad Nintendo didn't go this stupid route).
-Six hundred freaking dollars. Again, 3DO, Neo-Geo... and it won't drop in price until June '08 (says most analysts), and then only for maybe $30 or $40. The Wii could already be dropped by $50 and Nintendo wouldn't feel a thing. BTW, here's a comparison of console prices over the years. Look at the names of the high-priced ones and tell me which ones did well.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hufulvr wrote:
Quote:
There is no contest in my opinion. The Wii is flat out the winner. Bar none. Sony can keep their tricked out Caddy.

see, that's the kind of response that devilmayasian and i are talking about. "T3H WII IS SO ROOLING BECUZ I CAN AFFORD IT AND I CAN SWING THE CONTROLLER AROUND LOL." the wii's a great system (any system backed by the yoshida brothers is gold), but it's still way too early to call it the winner. it's new, it's fun but a year or so down the line the novelty of it will wear off if the developers are making the same gimmicky types of games like they are now. likewise, in a year, ps3 will start showing some real progress as dev's learn how to more adequately program for the cell. everybody still has secret weapons.

the moral of the story is IT IS STUPID TO SAY WHO WINS AND LOSES BECAUSE THE GAME JUST STARTED AND NONE OF THE PARTIES HAVE BROUGHT OUT THEIR BIG GUNS YET.

Just like the "GIMMICK" of having two screens would wear off on the DS?

Don't get me wrong HufLvr. I'm not trying to flame the PS3. I apologize to everyone if it came off that way. I'm sure there will be some great games that come out for the PS3 eventually if it doesn't tank early (which is a possibility). There will probably be a few that come out that are going to be exclusive and make everyone salivate for the PS3. But the problem will still be that pricetag.

Putting kids aside that ask their parents for the money for the system. And I'll even take people like me out of the equation who are married and have kids and cannot possibly justify 600 dollars for a gaming system.

I'm looking at just the average single guy or girl with minimal bills and a decent paying job - Even when I was at that point in my life, there is no way I would have shelled out that much for a system. Hell, the XBOX 360 would have been hard to justify.

All I'm saying is that the innovation of the WiiMote is where I want games to go. I want the control and the experience to grow. Maybe it's from playing games for so long, that I'm looking for that new experience.

And plus, Nintendo hasn't even pulled out their big guns yet either. Yes, Zelda is a huge hit. But Mario Galaxy will be even bigger and Mortal Kombat is set to release Armageddon for the Wii and I can't wait. It's easier than ever to control.

So, yes, we will have to wait to see who wins the console war. But in my opinion I think the Wii will win. And if I'm not mistaken, that's what forums are for aren't they? Subjecting opinions and discussing them?
Dreyvas  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 5:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nytwolf wrote:
And if I'm not mistaken, that's what forums are for aren't they? Subjecting opinions and discussing them?

YOU WIN.

Nytwolf  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dreyvas wrote:
Nytwolf wrote:
And if I'm not mistaken, that's what forums are for aren't they? Subjecting opinions and discussing them?

YOU WIN.

Do I get a prize?? LOL
hockeydude1  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Haha, but YES the PS3 is a fail to the Wii
Squirrel  

Location: Wyano, PA (Come visit! My gameroom is always open.)

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rorschach wrote:
Anyone remember the 3DO? Didn't think so :p $700, no sales.

Hey, I own a 3do...
Rorschach  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 3:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did you buy it when it was new? O.o

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have been loyal to Sony Since PS1 came out but this is absolute trash selling a console for that much. I now have a 360 and I think im getting a Wii.

The thing is for the graphics that Sony was saying so much about, the games that are out on 360 and PS3 right now, LOOK BETTER ON 360. However this could just be that PS3 is new and thye have yet to figure out the proper compression algorithms and the best way to use the cell.

But for my money the 360 offers up a great experience especially if you have Live.
quackadilly  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Other systems that have (mildly or extremely) failed:

(M) TurboGrafx-16/Duo
(M) Neo Geo
(E) Philips CD-i
(E) 3DO
(E) Atari Jaguar
(M) Sega Saturn
(E) Pioneer LaserActive
(E) Apple Pippin
(E) Virtual Boy
(M) Sega Dreamcast

All of these systems either didn't sell or they just sucked.

PS3 is heading in the same direction as at least these 5 systems:

Neo Geo
CD-i
3DO
Jaguar
Saturn

Anyone else see the similarity?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sone sucks. That's a fact
Unmentionable
all the way to the orange button
hockeydude1  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dsk wrote:
Sone sucks. That's a fact

yeah sony has done a poor job on this
Kecos  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 11:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, honestly, I don't care who wins. I don't have a job, and my parents aren't going to give me any money to buy a console. At the rate I'm going I would need about an entire year to even get a wii. I don't think I really need another system, considering I have all of the soon-to-be-last-generation systems, an N64, and a whole crapload of games. I don't want any of them, ever, because I've already got 4 systems(and GH2 ) to keep me occupied, and I don't want my dad to bring one home the year before the next generation does, like with our gamecube and Xbox, which I got in august and december 2005, respectively. I'm just going to wait and save up for the PS4, Nintendo whatever-they-call-it, and the Xbox (insert number >360 here), because as long as I'm on 5$ a week, I'm going to get nowhere.
popemobile  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Squirrel wrote:
Rorschach wrote:
Anyone remember the 3DO? Didn't think so :p $700, no sales.

Hey, I own a 3do...

don't you have like every system ever created?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Gaming Discussion (Non-Music Games) All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
Page 7 of 7

Jump to: