ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
So, anyone get a Wii?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Gaming Discussion (Non-Music Games)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JayHL  

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not sure if anyone else has brought this up, but why is it still impossible to get your hands on a Wii? I've called up every video game store within a 25 mile radius, and not only do they not have any, they also refuse to tell me when they're getting the next shipment in.

I think my roommate and I are just gonna wake up at the crack of dawn on Sunday and wait outside the local Gamestop.
Riz  

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The reason is, kinda more or less obviously, that as fast as Nintendo can ship them, people buy them up. I read an article on the NY Times last night that included quotes from folks working in game stores, as well as a Sony Rep. Sony are reputedly shipping 100,000 units a week into north america, and as a quick check of any retailer will show you, most of those units are sitting on store shelves. Nintendo claims to be shipping approximately 1 million units per month, approximately half of them to north america, for about 125,000 units a week. When they show up in stores, they are gone within 2 hours. Everybody wants one.

I can tell you that my EB where I got mine is typically getting 2 shipments per week, of 3 to 5 units per shipment. Your ability to get one is entirely dependent on showing up within 2 hours of their courier dropping off the boxes at the store. So camping out for a day will work... if they get a shipment that day, which means Sunday is probably not a really good choice. You still may have to repeat that process several times to score. Rather than asking them when their next shipment is coming in (they really do have no idea), ask them when their *last* shipment came in (and they may well try to be vague on that, too... if so, pick another store). Then try the campout thing, 3, 4, 5 days later, or thereabouts, skipping Sunday, when most couriers do not run.

Most industry and wall street analysts are estimating that it will probably be at least June before demand subsides to the point where you can walk into a store and have a decent chance of finding one on the shelf. Given that word of mouth about how amazingly fun the game titles are for this platform is still spreading, that may well be optimistic. Nintendo are certainly trying to bring additional production online, but thats a tall (and expensive) order, and does take time to set up.

Riz.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 11:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't think Sunday would be a good idea either, but that's when Gamestop said they got their last shipment.
Riz  

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 11:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey... go with what ya know then. Good luck!

Riz.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 11:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got mine on a sunday morning... camped out all night. But i think they actually got them in saturday night.

edit:trying to fix my sig

Last edited by Sakst82 on Thu Feb 01, 2007 11:41 pm; edited 2 times in total
suspectfenster  

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 11:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I don't know what it is, but I also got my Wii on a Sunday.
Nytwolf  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 6:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay guys! I think this belongs here. I just got cussed at by my 50+ yr. old stepfather because I got a Wii before him!!!!!

MY FUCKING PARENTS ARE GOING TO BUY ONE FOR THEMSELVES!!!!!!
THERE HASN'T BEEN A VIDEO GAME CONSOLE IN THAT HOUSE IN OVER TEN YEARS SINCE I MOVED OUT!!!!!

Nintendo has done what it wanted to do. It just expanded its fanbase and customer demographic.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Gaming Discussion (Non-Music Games) All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
Page 8 of 8

Jump to: