ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
I Couldn't Fix This Via the Tutorials...

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nathan  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 2:23 am    Post subject: I Couldn't Fix This Via the Tutorials... Reply with quote

I apologize in advance if this falls under the category of newbiespam, but I couldn't find a solution in the stickies:

The MIDI I've linked to below is a note chart I made for Welcome Home by Coheed and Cambria. I synced the notes up to the audio file in Pro Tools HD, then exported just the MIDI track and merged it with the template file that was provided in the "Make Your Own Songs" guide in Anvil. Unlike Midi Maestro and TabIt, Pro Tools added no unwanted event tags, at least none that I could spot. I just copied the MIDI data into the PART GUITAR track and deleted the merged track. At first, I forgot to move the [end] event to the end of the file (as it seems all us newbs do at least once), so only the first 4 notes would play and then the song would end. I went back to the MIDI and changed the [end] event to the time that it current it in the EVENTS track (about 6:15), but that only made it worse: it froze right when the fretboard loaded. So instead of ending it a second after the last noteoff, I tried AT the last noteoff (6:14). Still freezes the fretboard just the same. The MP3 version I used is straight off of Coheed's CD, and iTunes says it's 6:14.973 in length, in case that matters. If someone could just take a look at the MIDI file for me and tell me if they can see what's wrong with it, I'd really appreciate it. I've been dying to add this one to the game- and to scorehero's song index for all of you, as well.

Welcome Home MIDI

PS: Also, in case it matters at all, for the second version (the first one that freezes at the fretboard), I also amped up the volume of the MP3 by 8 dB in Audacity. But I assume that peaked out audio wouldn't freeze the game, right?[/url]
Knightsaber  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 3:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well something funky happened when you made it, because in Ghex there is no Easy or Medium, but there are Hard and Expert, and both are exactly the same. I didn't see anything odd in Anvil, all the events look okay. Maybe it didn't merge happily? Did you make all four difficulties or just one?
Nathan  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I noticed that oddity in GHex, as well. However, as you see in my PART GUITAR track, I have parts for all four modes (all identical note charts)- in the 5th, 6th, 7th, and 8th octaves as they should be. I don't have any idea why GHex is only showing note charts for Hard and Expert. What would cause an unhappy merge? This is frustrating because it should totally work, right?

Perhaps someone could copy/paste my MIDI notes into a song of their own? Because maybe a different pair of hands going through the process won't make whatever mistake it was I may have made.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Software All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: