ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Frankenstien: please dear god help me

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Guitar/Bass
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Fly1ngV  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2006 5:36 am    Post subject: Frankenstien: please dear god help me Reply with quote

ok, i've just about gotten to the point where i've almost gotten guitar god on expert (not a big deal for most of you that play a lot more regularly than i do, but it's cool.) the only song that i know right now i know i am no where even close to getting is Frankenstien (my record is 117k to put it into respect). i guess what i'm asking is how should i be going through the tougher parts (fingering wise) to keep a combo going through a good portion of the song?
popemobile  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2006 5:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

the only really important part for a five star is having full star power going into the chords at the end. if you can get them all, then you should improve a lot in your score

for the record, i could only get about 120000 before i first five starred it, and then i got it because i got all of the last notes in star power. so basically it was a 55000 point jump for me
JHetfield0816  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2006 5:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

oh, popemobile, you're so witty and knowledgable...we should go to the drive-in together on saturday night...er...um...

seriously good advice the chords at the end really boost your score if you can get all of them with a full x8 combo

"The resistance that you fight physically in the gym and the resistance that you fight in life can only build a strong character." - Arnold
dd3mon  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2006 7:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Play it more on hard to get the rhythm down. If you're only getting 117k, you're missing alot of the "easy" stuff.

As the others have said, getting all the chords at the end under star power and a streak (the fast chords right after the last BYRG) - is massive points.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2006 7:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JHetfield0816 wrote:
oh, popemobile, you're so witty and knowledgable...we should go to the drive-in together on saturday night...er...um...

maybe not that. but we should get some taco bell or somethin

maybe if they had taco bell in japan Mr. Green
trofl  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2006 9:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

popemobile wrote:
maybe if they had taco bell in japan Mr. Green

I wouldn't eat anything that sounds like "taco" in Japan...

Does anyone have some tips on how to strum during the solo? Like in BatM and CfH, it seems sometimes easier to strum half speed and rely on hammer-ons and pull-offs even though I'm not really trying for them.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: wxtrofl
ES942  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2006 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JHetfield, do you have some super awesome sp startegy for this song? because my score was just luck from hitting a lot of notes, and my sp strategy was crap.
eachann  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2006 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a hard time with this song too... you're doing better than me, my best is 98,000. I can't figure out a really good starpower strategy for the song.. there is no way to not waste some stars. I also have a hard time (not just on this song, on others too) with fast BYRG patterns. For some reason it's a lot easier to go up the scale than down the scale for me... I can hit some of them occasionally but I miss most of them and that keeps my combos broken up. And then it's just hard to not miss notes on the fast "solo" parts... for lack of a better term.

edit: just reread and saw that the OP was about Expert.. I can't get >100k on hard... so i'll just crawl back into my hole and keep practicing until I don't suck as bad
Hellion42  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2006 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only part of the song I find really difficult is the first phrase of the synth solo... a lot of that is the fact that there's removed notes (as opposed to what's playing), it's tough for me to keep my bearings. My top is 150k right now, so I'm prolly doing most of the song just fine, lol.

As far as fingerings go, this is one of those songs where I root myself on red and reach for the greens with my index. Or, in the case of the quick BYRGs in the "verse," I'll roll from my ring on the B to my index on the R, then slide my index to the G in one smooth motion. If a phrase starts on G, I'll shift up as soon as it's feasible. Dunno if that'll help or not, but... *shrug*

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2006 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ES942 wrote:
JHetfield, do you have some super awesome sp startegy for this song? because my score was just luck from hitting a lot of notes, and my sp strategy was crap.

Yeah my sp strategy was really really good at the time I did that...I haven't played the song in so long though, I'll have to look at the note chart to try and remember what it was that I did...I'll get back to you on it, ES, and when I do I'll post it in the SP strategies forum

"The resistance that you fight physically in the gym and the resistance that you fight in life can only build a strong character." - Arnold
dspoonrt  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2006 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hellion is right, fingering is important. Hehe, that sounds dirty. I can nail everything outside of the solo thanks to that fingering structure. I used to have 135000 on the song and now I have 202000. The fingering change and using SP on the chords at the end should put you into the 5 star area.

"Power Surge," "Funk You," "Grindsaw Groove," and "DisorderlyConduct"
- all charted by dspoonrt

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Guitar/Bass All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: