ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Problems creating a song...it switches from 5/4 to 4/4 time

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Paktu  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 1:54 am    Post subject: Problems creating a song...it switches from 5/4 to 4/4 time Reply with quote

I've never created a song before but I am trying it out today. I am trying to use the song "White Room" by Cream, but I'm running into some problems. In TabIt, the song syncs perfectly with the MP3 I have. However, when I delete the other tracks (such as drums and bass) and just leave the guitar track, I have problems getting it to sync. Most of the song is fine, but the first few bars (in the actual song) are written in 5/4 time, and this seems to cause syncing issues at the beginning. Is this something I can fix, or should I just try a different song until I am more familiar with the program?

FWIW, I exported the "full" song including all tracks into Anvil Studio. I had the same problems here- works fine unedited, but once I delete the other tracks, I have syncing problems. What I did notice here is that the culprit seems to be a track called Acoustic Grand (there are two actually, but the second one, on channel 10 seems to be the issue). I can delete any of the other tracks and the tempo is not affected.

Let me know if any of you can shed some light on this.

EDIT: Didn't even notice this before, but it also switches from 4/4 back to 5/4 towards the end of the song, then back to 4/4 again! Sigh...
Fangor  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If there were tempo changes in the wrong track, you could have deleted them when you removed the excess tracks. Make sure that all of the tempo changes are in your PART GUITAR track or any equivalent track that always gets loaded into the game. FYI Time changes should have no effect on synchronization.
Paktu  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks- I see there are several tempo changes in the drums track. I think I can fix it now.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Software All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: