ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
100% mental?

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc GH Game Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Do you get nervous near the end of a song when there's a chance you might get 100%?
Omg, I almost pee my pants every time!
19%
 19%  [ 16 ]
A little nervous...I try not to think about how well I'm doing.
48%
 48%  [ 41 ]
I start getting a little excited, but it really doesn't affect me so that I mess up.
25%
 25%  [ 21 ]
I am Adam Vinatieri hitting the game winning field goal in the Super Bowl. Pressure? Never heard of it!
7%
 7%  [ 6 ]
Total Votes : 84

JHetfield0816  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 6:13 am    Post subject: 100% mental? Reply with quote

How many of you guys think getting 100% on a song (on hard and especially expert) is really completely mental? I really think it is...personally I feel like it has nothing to do with physical technique when you reach a certain point. For example, I had an 896 streak going on Higher Ground on expert, and screwed up 6 notes from the end...I started thinking about how well I was doing, and how close I was to getting a perfect, and I started to feel nervous as well. My hands started shaking, I could feel my heart beating faster, and then of course I heard the ever-insulting "dink!". Any of you guys feel like you have "ice in your vains" and can completely block out the fact that you're doing uncharacteristically well in a song, so that you don't get nervous and screw up? Any thoughts or personal anecdotes on this topic welcome...

"The resistance that you fight physically in the gym and the resistance that you fight in life can only build a strong character." - Arnold
dspoonrt  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 6:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I feel ya. It happens to me constantly.

Cheat on the Church on Hard's a good example. JCirri felt a lot of it too before he perfected it. I either mess up in a solo or get them both and screw up at the end because of the pressure.

I think because of the social aspects of this site even playing alone now has an element of stage fright associated with it.

"Power Surge," "Funk You," "Grindsaw Groove," and "DisorderlyConduct"
- all charted by dspoonrt

HylianHero  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 8:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, this is probably the exact reason I don't have very good scores. Skillwise, I think I should be able to get most 5-stars on Expert. However, as you can see, I still need a few on Hard. This is mostly because whenever I get close to a good run I get nervous, dinking commences, and my score stops going up and the Rock Meter starts going down.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 8:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

when i think im doing great ill mess up the solo for no reason

but most of the time i end up with 97%-99% now
silentlassassin  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep... Except.. It's worse for people like me who have ADD .. so.. when I am playing the song.. (I believe my mind is legally insane) my mind creates images and random thoughts that mess me up.. Like ... Someone constantly saying "you are going to mess up .. you are going to mess up" and then when I say outloud "shut up" or something.. Sure enough.. I mess up. I can't concentrate for my life.. and when I do get 100% ... I act like I won the lotto...

and then sometimes.. A random note appears.. that isn't there... yea... Really hard for me
rabies  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is half the fun of playing the game! That rush you feel when you finally think you may get a 100% on a song you have been working on forever!!

Usually, I get past a part that I know gives me problems (solo for example), then I realize all I have to do is coast the rest of the song for a chance at 100% and a high score...and it becomes all mental....adrenaline kicks in...i have to try to relax...i usually try to start taking deeper breaths to calm down..etc... woo!

Now..the level of excitement is clearly different depending on your accomplishment. I doubt I would feel much excitement anymore if I was about to 100% I love Rock and Roll...again....but man..I damn near pissed myself when I realized that I was going to 100% Expert-Take it off. I was probably shaking for 5-10 minutes after that event. I doubt I'll ever play that song again..
Hellion42  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2006 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

silentlassassin wrote:
Yep... Except.. It's worse for people like me who have ADD .. so.. when I am playing the song.. (I believe my mind is legally insane) my mind creates images and random thoughts that mess me up.. Like ... Someone constantly saying "you are going to mess up .. you are going to mess up" and then when I say outloud "shut up" or something.. Sure enough.. I mess up. I can't concentrate for my life..

I know that feeling. The easier (or more repetitive) the song, the worse it gets for me... Sharp Dressed Man usually has me spaced long before the vocals come in.

Speaking of mental issues... does anyone else here have dyslexia? I've got it mildly... I'll start writing a word with the second letter, and when giving directions I have to REALLY concentrate on left/right east/west, as examples. Anyways, it's one of my big roadblocks when trying to alternate my picking. Follow my brain, if you can:

up down up down up down up down up down up down up down up left down up dup waitwhatthe*dink*DAMMIT

The more intricate the fretwork, the more I have trouble keeping my brain in check... it's probably the only reason I'm stuck on 3* on CFH-x. I know the song like the back of my hand... it's the wrist that won't cooperate.

Damn, what a horrible pun.

[ontopic] I can't really answer, since I don't 100% stuff too often.. I don't have the patience to sit and practice enough to get EVERYTHING. All of my 100's just kind of happened.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2006 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rabies wrote:
That rush you feel...

Remember, kids: If you want to get high, it's as easy as being yourself!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2006 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hellion42 wrote:
silentlassassin wrote:
Yep... Except.. It's worse for people like me who have ADD .. so.. when I am playing the song.. (I believe my mind is legally insane) my mind creates images and random thoughts that mess me up.. Like ... Someone constantly saying "you are going to mess up .. you are going to mess up" and then when I say outloud "shut up" or something.. Sure enough.. I mess up. I can't concentrate for my life..

I know that feeling. The easier (or more repetitive) the song, the worse it gets for me... Sharp Dressed Man usually has me spaced long before the vocals come in.

Speaking of mental issues... does anyone else here have dyslexia? I've got it mildly... I'll start writing a word with the second letter, and when giving directions I have to REALLY concentrate on left/right east/west, as examples. Anyways, it's one of my big roadblocks when trying to alternate my picking. Follow my brain, if you can:

up down up down up down up down up down up down up down up left down up dup waitwhatthe*dink*DAMMIT

The more intricate the fretwork, the more I have trouble keeping my brain in check... it's probably the only reason I'm stuck on 3* on CFH-x. I know the song like the back of my hand... it's the wrist that won't cooperate.

Damn, what a horrible pun.

[ontopic] I can't really answer, since I don't 100% stuff too often.. I don't have the patience to sit and practice enough to get EVERYTHING. All of my 100's just kind of happened.

I have dyslexia. I'm not sure exactly how bad it is, but I know I have it. I have a horrible time playing Twister, since I always move the wrong thing and lose.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2006 12:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Echelar wrote:
rabies wrote:
That rush you feel...

Remember, kids: If you want to get high, it's as easy as being yourself!

haha. got milk?
HylianHero  

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2006 1:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm gonna take a guess and say ES made the only vote for the Vinatieri one.

And it's nice to no longer be the only person to have picked the first option.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2006 5:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i usually don't pay attention to whether or not i'm getting a 100% on a song...i know i usually will miss a note on a solo or make a stupid mistake that usually brings me down to earth again. if i'm getting toward the end of a song and am about to 100%, my mind gets more relaxed because i know if i concentrate too hard i'll forget where my fingers are and miss one.
heathalynne  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2006 3:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

just don't look. hahaha every time i look at the score, i mess up my X4. now i try not to pay attention and i do better.

Genga wrote:
when i think im doing great ill mess up the solo for no reason

but most of the time i end up with 97%-99% now

same here!!!
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc GH Game Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: