ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Is there any way to fix the problems with polling?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Leagues -> Past Seasons
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Deschain  

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 7:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

But you can try.
View user's profile Send private message XBL Gamertag: Deschain9 PSN Name: Deschain9
bmintern  

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I vote to either keep things the way they are or just go completely random, I wouldn't care which. I frankly don't think it's worth the time to implement a complicated system in order to fix something that is not a huge problem.
TheBrain  

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I vote we go for random. I thought the point of having the polls was so that in a week we would get a song that most people wanted to play. If that isn't happening then there doesn't seem to be much point in carrying on with the poll.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 2:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheBrain wrote:
I vote we go for random. I thought the point of having the polls was so that in a week we would get a song that most people wanted to play. If that isn't happening then there doesn't seem to be much point in carrying on with the poll.

Unfortunately there's no way to know for sure that is the case unless we have every league member vocalize their choice in some way, either through the thread itself or PMing a commish. Since that either removes anonymity or makes the commish PM box even more loaded up, not much we can do. This definitely will be looked at in depth during the offseason.
Morgan  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's a suggestion if one of the admins can do a little coding ..

Modify the bit of code that is called when the results of a poll are displayed. If the title of the thread contains a certain keyword eg SecretPoll (choose something you would never normally use) then instead of the results, just show "Results not yet available" (or you could show all the vote counts as zero .. apart from the total votes cast so far). When the poll is finished, the original poster can change the name of the thread to omit the keyword and everyone will be able to see the results.
bmintern  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 11:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is a good idea, but anyone could look at the source or disable Javascript to be able to see it, anyways. Still, it's a clever solution.
Morgan  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 12:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Er no, the site is in PHP that is run on the server, so there would be no way round it.
GridironGrace  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not a locked poll option?

Where you cant see results until a certain date when the poll closes lol

I know you can do that on VBulliten forums that i mod on, and when I used to run a PHPBB forum back in my KOC days theres a mod you can add to allow that as well

League B:(Hard) Season 4 Regular Season Points Leader and Champion woowoo
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Roflworthy  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 6:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I'm not sure if anyone has suggested this because I'm too lazy to check. But what I was thinking was you could make actual groups for each league, and the league commissioners could put up a poll which can only collect votes from people in the corresponding league.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Leagues -> Past Seasons All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: