ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Your wish will be fulfilled...w/ strings attached

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ScoreHero Forum Index -> General Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sliferzom  

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2008 4:29 am    Post subject: Your wish will be fulfilled...w/ strings attached Reply with quote

So, I don't know if this is spam or not but the essence of this topic is to state a wish we want to come true. You must elaborate on the wish and describe why you would want it and what it effects are. You must not wish for anything outright offensive such as "I wish all Muslims would die." That attitude will not be tolerated.

Then, the next person will "fulfill" the wish, but as the title says, w/ strings attached. They will say something that went wrong during the wish, and its side effec/ outcome.
Example:
"I wish for a million bucks!"

Reply:

"Granted. But, after you have stored it in the bank the bank is robbed, and you forgot to pay your insurance so none of it is covered."

I know this seems stupid but it's fun! It was in some other forums I've been to.

Also, don't feel the need to wish big! You can wish as many times as you want, but you can't write the outcome to your own wish.

I'll start:

I wish my 360 Les Paul had LED lights and optional gunshot sounds when i strummed. I wish for this because it would make my guitar unlike anybody elses! For some reason I crave to be different. Also, If I could do this myself, it would make me feel like I acheived something electronical that is somewhat complicated.

P.S:
There is on wish you can't wish for (except offensive wishes) "I wish nobody would post after me." If someone posts this, skip their turn.

Have fun!
And please don't force a mod to lock this thread.

Note to Mods: I don't think this topic is breaking any rules, I don't think it counts as spam because people can discuss what they wish for and have some fun at the some time.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2008 4:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's spam, no real discussion takes place.

EDIT: Sorry to sound like a backseat mod, but it's true, it's a +1 thread, and after a while the same stuff is repeated as well as the same bad jokes.

Last edited by Pepino123 on Sat Jun 28, 2008 4:39 am; edited 1 time in total
Sliferzom  

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2008 4:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually, people can discuss their wishes and I asked if they could elaborate on the wish and why they want it and its effects and so on.
I clearly see how somebody could view this as spam but I wish they wouldn't.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2008 4:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm gonna sound like such a jerk, especially after what happened in your thread... wow.

I'm reluctant to say it, but forum games are looked down upon here. They only serve to provide "+1's" to people's post counts, so mods generally get them locked.

I'm so sorry, I bet I sound like a huge prick after this, but that's how the rules are here. This is nothing personal to you, but that's the rules. I would've told anyone this exact thing. Although some people do elaborate, and make them not just a +1 post, the majority of people don't, which is unfortunate. Sorry. I hope you don't hate me

EDIT: Your thread gave me a brilliant idea! What about a sub-forum where nothing is added to your posts? A forum I used to visit had this, it was called the Sandbox. People could test things (like if certain BBcode things worked) and also play forum games, without their post count being affected.

Proud Atheist - If you are an Atheist, put this in your sig. Let's see how many Atheists are on ScoreHero!

Last edited by 0wnd1zzl3d on Sat Jun 28, 2008 4:39 am; edited 1 time in total
iSlak  

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2008 4:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pepino123 wrote:
It's spam, no real discussion takes place.

Well THAT'S a kill joy.

I had just read through the entire post, thinking I was gonna scroll down to see people having fun =/

I wish that had never happened.

Noone dare fulfill that one.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2008 4:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I could at least TRY my hand at this...

Granted. But then, RIGHT when your at 99% at TTFAF on expert, you can SMELL the FC, your guitar overheats, explodes into a MILLION peaces, and you're left sitting in a hospital bed thinking, "DAMN! I fucked up!"
Ain't life a bitch?

The End

EDIT: Shit. Lots of people posted before I get done with mine. Maybe I shouldn't'a posted...fuck.

Last edited by AxeBoy34 on Sat Jun 28, 2008 4:43 am; edited 1 time in total
Sliferzom  

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2008 4:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If people don't elaborate on the wish then yes it is spam, and I know I can't count on people to elaborate so yes, If a trend of spam occurs please do lock this thread.

And Dizzle [I don't know why I type that, one of my friend's nicknames is Dizzle and I type to him on AIM so it is fluent to type for me]
I take no offense, and in my other thread I understand, I take no personal offense and I don't blame you, it was mostly words that were typed wrong and interpreted wrong, so one can say we were both to blame.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2008 4:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

0wnd1zzl3d wrote:

EDIT: Your thread gave me a brilliant idea! What about a sub-forum where nothing is added to your posts? A forum I used to visit had this, it was called the Sandbox. People could test things (like if certain BBcode things worked) and also play forum games, without their post count being affected.

That has been brought up before, and shot down. Way, way WAY back, when, there used to be a spam thread, but it got WAY out of hand and locked.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message XBL Gamertag: RandyRhoads801
Sliferzom  

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2008 4:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The biggest porblem with a Spam Thread would be the incredibly large amounts of bandwidth it would take up.
People would want to post there more then anywhere else so it would have huge traffic and congestion. There would need to be some auto erase system that cleared threads with like less than 30 or some number posts every 24/48 hours.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2008 4:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sliferzom wrote:
I know this seems stupid but it's fun!

Oh, you didn't get the memo? Fun isn't allowed at Scorehero. Sorry, but it's true. ANY time someone makes a 'fun' thread, it gets locked. Mugshots, Freticon Quiz, IRC quotes...the list goes on. The problem: Fun=/=Discussion.

I did love the freticon quiz...

God damnit.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message XBL Gamertag: RudiganRex PSN Name: Beedlebub-
Pepino123  

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2008 5:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Beedlebub wrote:
Sliferzom wrote:

Oh, you didn't get the memo? Fun isn't allowed at Scorehero. Sorry, but it's true. ANY time someone makes a 'fun' thread, it gets locked. Mugshots, Freticon Quiz, IRC quotes...the list goes on. The problem: Fun=/=Discussion.

This is not true, sure those threads were remotely fun, but there were many others better than it which had meaningful and constructed discussion going on in it.

Just because big threads are locked doesn't mean Scorehero is going into a totalitarian dictatorship, it means the thread has either met or wore out its discussion, and it's time to move on.

I didn't find Freticons fun at all, IMO.
GuitarHailz  

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2008 5:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like everyone has said, this is a prime example of a +1 thread. Don't take it personally or anything, that's just the way things go around here. If we let one slide we have to let all of them slide.

cobainage1994 wrote:
0wnd1zzl3d wrote:

That has been brought up before, and shot down. Way, way WAY back, when, there used to be a spam thread, but it got WAY out of hand and locked.

It's been said before and I'll say it again: a forum where post count must be disabled does not belong on ScoreHero. :/

Beedlebub wrote:
Sliferzom wrote:

No. Fun is very much allowed on ScoreHero. The reasons the threads you mentioned got locked is because they were abused, went off topic, or were spammed to death. See how it was called "IRC Quotes Part 3" and "Mugshots 2" .. Yeah.. you guys had chances, and you lost them. Maybe someday we will bring back those threads, as they ARE quite fun.. but for now, no.

1KJ08mq.jpg
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail XBL Gamertag: PMS Hailz PSN Name: Hailey_Ivy
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ScoreHero Forum Index -> General Chat All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: