ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
To Sonar users..and all of you others as well

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dhakos  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 5:41 am    Post subject: To Sonar users..and all of you others as well Reply with quote

greetings:).

I thought I could ask users of sonar this becouse im sure its the same way to do it in my software of choice.

I use cubase 4. I have now made 7 midi track like in GH2, that is PART GUITAR, PART BASS, BAND BASS, BAND DRUMS, BAND SINGER, EVENTS and TRIGGERS.

I am currenty going trough the song I want to make a notechart for (toy dolls - the death of barry the roofer) and I am setting tempo changes as I listen to the song to get it in sync with the metronome.

am I doing something wrong so far?, or is this a way I can go to make a chart.

what I am most scared about is the tempo, does GH2 read tempo and tempo changes made with the tempo track/tool in cubase and saved with the export of the midi, or do I have to do something else to make it read my tempo changes.

this is all I wonder so far, just need some kind of feedback that I am doing the right thing before going on with making the chart.

EDIT : one more thing. in ChrisVance guide "GH2 Midi Encyclopedia / Dictionary" it says that expert notes in the pianoroll is from C8, C#8, D8, D#8 and so on. but when I extracted a MIDI from the game with GHexplorer and opened it up in cubase all the different notes for expert and the other diffeculty's were at other octave ranges. Can anyone explain why?

sorry for asking so much, its just that I really is hooked on getting into this hobby of making custom songs, and I have nowhere else to turn too:)

Cheers:)
Dhakos

Last edited by Dhakos on Fri Feb 09, 2007 6:10 am; edited 1 time in total
Bizarbus  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 6:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As far as tempo changes, I use a slightly different method. I will create the entire tab as if it were perfectly sync, meaning put the notes on the correct beats according to the song. Then import into GHEX and line it up best you can. The instant you see it go off tempo, adjust the tempo on the midi at that spot, then reimport into GHEX... rins and repeat about 100 times. The method you are using seems to be similar, only instead of lining up the notes, you are lining up the clicks of the metronome.

Since I haven't used that program, I can't really comment on whether the tempo changes will read. All I know is that the tempo changes with Midi Maestro work perfectly fine.

To test if it can read the tempo change, just make one then import it into GHEX... when you play the song, above the notechart, it should display the new tempo (where you altered it) if it worked.
Dhakos  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 6:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the reply mate:) .

I just imported a MIDI file that I extracted from the game with GHexplorer. And all tempo changes and edits WAS indeed showing up in the tempo track in cubase. so I guess that gives us the proof that it is working:) .

Can you tell me anything about the other question I asked in the "edit" of my post?. thats all I need to figure out before I can go ahead and start making my chart:)

Cheers
Dhakos
Bizarbus  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 7:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Different midi programs tend to have different methods of decoding previously made midis. It could simply be the way Cubase opens the files.

Again, I would experiment within your program and import into GHEX. As long as the notes are showing up where they should, just keep doing what you're doing.
Dhakos  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 7:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks again:)

I will try different things and find out what works.

Cheers
Dhakos
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Software All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: