ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
The Most Eratic GH Player?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Guitar/Bass
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sadied0g  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 3:14 am    Post subject: Re: The Most Eratic GH Player? Reply with quote

Achillez wrote:
Alright, so here's my story. I have 50 FC's on GH3. Rock And Roll All Nite, The Seeker, and Kool Thing are NOT in those set of 50. However, The Way it Ends and For The Love of God are. Why is it that I can get 667k on TTFAF, near FC Raining Blood, and get 540k on TDWDTG, but I STILL can't FC those 3 dumb songs? Anyone like me?

YOU HAVE 50 GH3 FC's AND CAN ONLY GET 667K ON TTFAF??!?!?! I guess i should be going for alot more FC's

And to answer your question, Kool Thing is WTFH4X impossible, so its not bad, but RARAN and The seeker aren't too hard (RARAN's solo was much easier than i remember after going back to it from playing some gh2 for awhile) and the seeker just took me like 10-15 runs till i got the wierd strumming down. I still can't hit the stricken solo, which ppl quit a bit worse than me say is easy
Achillez  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 3:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ZEFFER13 wrote:
I sucked at RYLAH. It ended up being my 58th FC and took forever to get.

This thread is a perfect example that we are all different and some things are easy to some while others struggle greatly with them.

I very much agree. It's funny because I expected this thread to die quickly with only a few answers and suggestions to me but it's a great way to compare and contrast how different we all really are.
Achillez  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 3:24 am    Post subject: Re: The Most Eratic GH Player? Reply with quote

sadied0g wrote:
Achillez wrote:
Alright, so here's my story. I have 50 FC's on GH3. Rock And Roll All Nite, The Seeker, and Kool Thing are NOT in those set of 50. However, The Way it Ends and For The Love of God are. Why is it that I can get 667k on TTFAF, near FC Raining Blood, and get 540k on TDWDTG, but I STILL can't FC those 3 dumb songs? Anyone like me?

YOU HAVE 50 GH3 FC's AND CAN ONLY GET 667K ON TTFAF??!?!?! I guess i should be going for alot more FC's

And to answer your question, Kool Thing is WTFH4X impossible, so its not bad, but RARAN and The seeker aren't too hard (RARAN's solo was much easier than i remember after going back to it from playing some gh2 for awhile) and the seeker just took me like 10-15 runs till i got the wierd strumming down. I still can't hit the stricken solo, which ppl quit a bit worse than me say is easy

Sadly, yeah that's my high score But the thing is, I just FC'd Striken for my first time the other day and I was like ZOMG but it was in PFO so I was then like OWTF Kool Thing I got recently though. I still can't do The Seeker or RaRaN though.
lordvader178  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 3:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, holy shit. I went for for a few FC's one day, and i got RARAN first try. The solo just suddenly came and i was like "what the hell? and i just chucked a spaz and i hit it. Then i took the solo in practice, and i couldn't get it, and i havn't tried since. Kool Thing is a horrible song, but if you can just get that strumming pattern down, it's easy. Just try and memorize where the strums are in RARAN.

One question, about FTLOG. For the second part of FSA, the green random scales stuff, did you slide to red and hit it, or did you hold down green and hit the rest?

Achillez  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 3:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lordvader178 wrote:
Wow, holy shit. I went for for a few FC's one day, and i got RARAN first try. The solo just suddenly came and i was like "what the hell? and i just chucked a spaz and i hit it. Then i took the solo in practice, and i couldn't get it, and i havn't tried since. Kool Thing is a horrible song, but if you can just get that strumming pattern down, it's easy. Just try and memorize where the strums are in RARAN.

One question, about FTLOG. For the second part of FSA, the green random scales stuff, did you slide to red and hit it, or did you hold down green and hit the rest?

I stay in the standard 1234 position and I don't anchor anything I just do this

321234132123413212341 etc...
xplicitskill  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 5:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow FTLOG FC is pretty nasty, better than what I can say. As for seeker FC, the strumming in the one section with a bunch of yellows is really annoying, but practice makes perfect. As for RARAN, it's just wierd for your mind to register. I'd suggest taking like a 4 day break from trying to FC it, and try it fresh on the 5th day. Your mind may respond better to such a respond. Thats what i did for like Welcome to the Jungle FC. Couldnt hit it but eventually on a random fresh day, my mind raped that solo.
Achillez  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

xplicitskill wrote:
Wow FTLOG FC is pretty nasty, better than what I can say. As for seeker FC, the strumming in the one section with a bunch of yellows is really annoying, but practice makes perfect. As for RARAN, it's just wierd for your mind to register. I'd suggest taking like a 4 day break from trying to FC it, and try it fresh on the 5th day. Your mind may respond better to such a respond. Thats what i did for like Welcome to the Jungle FC. Couldnt hit it but eventually on a random fresh day, my mind raped that solo.

Thanks heh I think I just need to work on grinding shit out and sucking it up.
SeanDread  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It may be nothing but a repeat, but no worries; everyone goes at a different pace. I have 51 FCs right now, but only 604k on TTFaF (inb4sadiesjawdrops) and I still can't do Cherub Rock >__<

SONG TIPS:

RaRaN: On the quick HO/PO parts ( ), I remember it helping a LOT to anchor the lower notes. I think I held green down for the first half of the solo when I finally connected it together.

Seeker: The strumming sounds a lot faster than it is. Try slowing your alt strumming down 10-15% and thinking of the notes as 3-note gallops. For the first bridge section, for example, I think of the beginning as 6 groups of 3 yellows, then two greens rounded out by a pause. Bizarre, but it helps me out.

Happy Hunting!
fudrick  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For the Seeker, I decided I would hit Bridge 1 - Bridge 2 in practice one day, and I found out that if you count 123456 on the strumming, it helps A LOT. For the notes with pauses in between, count each as 1, or don't count at all. I can FC Bridge 1 - Bridge 2 on command now, I just haven't tried to FC the song.
elitewarrior500  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dude you think some of these people are bad? lets see. i have 63GH3X FC's and only 601K on TTFAF, but i do have a flood FC, and 609K on TDWDTG despite hardly if ever practicing that song. i guess im alot better at soloing than at strumming(explains why i fail at GH1) my TWIE score isn't that great for a guy with 63 FC's either, 450K ish, and TTL is barely a 5 star

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i can refer to you. I only have 57 Expert FCs but i have 920k on TTFAF and 708k on TDWDTG. People always tell me "wtf? why dont you have 68/70?" its just the stupid songs (RYLAH,#otB,IMPULSE LOL, FCP.) TTL is just overall retarded and TWIE kills my arm halfway into the first verse. Raining Blood would take serious work to hit Flood!

First ever TTFAF FC with 3 Fingers, 8/19/10 - Never Forget

GH3X: 9th Place - 69/70 FCs (One)
- Youtube: joedamillio
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: joedamillio
conlan22  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

you probably really should have the seeker by now but the other two are actually pretty tricky to get.
Achillez  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 1:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jdamillio wrote:
i can refer to you. I only have 57 Expert FCs but i have 920k on TTFAF and 708k on TDWDTG. People always tell me "wtf? why dont you have 68/70?" its just the stupid songs (RYLAH,#otB,IMPULSE LOL, FCP.) TTL is just overall retarded and TWIE kills my arm halfway into the first verse. Raining Blood would take serious work to hit Flood!

Wow dude that is pretty bad O_O but hey, to make you feel better, I subbed to your underrated ass on Youtube
alexhaz64  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 1:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

elitewarrior500 wrote:
dude you think some of these people are bad? lets see. i have 63GH3X FC's and only 601K on TTFAF, but i do have a flood FC, and 609K on TDWDTG despite hardly if ever practicing that song. i guess im alot better at soloing than at strumming(explains why i fail at GH1) my TWIE score isn't that great for a guy with 63 FC's either, 450K ish, and TTL is barely a 5 star

lol i'm just as bad, if not worse! 54 FC's, 480k on TTFAF, 380k on TWiE

but yeah everyone has different strengths, yours is apparently soloing... but I'm sure you could get all those FC's you're missing if you practice enough!
2:59 alexhaz64: I'm like 6th place on that song
2:59 alexhaz64: pretty neat
2:59 alexhaz64: :p
2:59 JohnnyGrey: No Alex, I don't care how good your score is
2:59 JohnnyGrey: DAMMIT
2:59 alexhaz64: XD
alexhaz64 flexes
2:59 psxfreak101: too slow on the trigger there, boyo
2:59 alexhaz64: that seems to be the case all night
2:59 JohnnyGrey: I've been too slow a few times tonight
2:59 JohnnyGrey: GDSAKj hfask
2:59 psxfreak101: XD
2:59 alexhaz64: LMAO
2:59 alexhaz64: OMG
psxfreak101 actua-loling
Madmann  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 1:21 am    Post subject: Re: The Most Eratic GH Player? Reply with quote

Achillez wrote:

Agreed all covers are TERRIBLE but then again, I despise The Who.

Mods, are you allowed to ban based on blasphemous opinions on The Who? Permaban this one, pl0x. Otherwise the first born of every married Panda couple, for the next 50 years will die.

Accomplishments: (RB) (GH)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Guitar/Bass All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

Jump to: