ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Guitar Hero: Aerosmith - CONFIRMED + screen
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc GH Game Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jesse0986  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The final venue better be Waynestock. Seriously, that would be so epic.
shawnku  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

can't wait for the super bowl venue lol

beat expert [x]
get the log []
5* jordan[]
Cliff  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reasons I would buy GH: Aerosmith
Dream On

Anyone else think they're making a mistake giving that song away? I mean, it benefits us, but definitely takes away a little incentive to buy the game when it come out. I guess we just wait and see.

Also, is this Guitar Hero jumping the shark, or did that happen earlier?
HedgecIipper  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is it sad that I'm actually pretty excited for this just for the bands that have opened for them and could have tracks on the game?
mr-apples  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't get me wrong, this is a cool idea, but I think there are some pretty valid concerns that one needs to keep in mind:

1. Does Aerosmith have 30 songs that have actual *good* guitar parts? While many do, some of the suggested tracks I would consider tame at best.

2. This expansion follows the same model (track numbers, pricing point, etc) as GH:80's - which met with mixed reviews. One cannot count on Best Buy offering a first day $10 off again.

3. One would expect it to use the engine, artwork, and note charters as the base GH3 engine, which has endured some criticism.

4. Extreme focus on one band. On the Rock Band front, there has been an enduring criticism that fans would prefer variety to a singular/limited band focus. This could potentially be the most focused expansion/DLC/whatever yet... and not everyone is a huge Aerosmith fan.

It's on my radar. I'll give it a serious purchasing look. I'm glad to see them trying something new, but it is far from an instant purchase in my book.
MarsPhoenix  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now I don't mean to hate, let me start by saying Aerosmith is good. No doubt.

But are they really good enough to have an entire game where there are so many other bands that are better?

Aerosmith is a welcome addition to my eyes in GH normally, where the format of so many different genres generally makes them stick out as a bit of an oddball. And usually in a good way.

But this is ridiculous, there's no way Aerosmith has enough songs that sound different or have guitar parts that are really worth playing...

I was sorta hoping for something like...

Guitar Hero Encore: Rocks All the Indie Bands You're Never Heard Of

Or if it had to be one artist, why not someone who's got enough difference in their songs to make the game worth buying? Metallica, the Stones, the Who... Aerosmith is just not as marketable as them.

No offense to Aerosmith or their fans by this, it's just the point of view I get. I doubt there are many people here who disagree that this won't sell well, unless it has a low price tag (in which case I myself will buy it as well).

Quick Add-On: How about a GH expansion featuring rock songs from other countries (many of the GH3 bonus songs reflect this). After songs like Avalancha, Hier Kommt Alex, and others, I was totally pleased.
willscot55  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I may check this out depending on the price tag as as much as a fan of there's I am I dont want to pay over the odds for a game based around one band I can take or leave
Ihatecompvir  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sully wrote:

I think the red cards on his pants are a 3 and a 7, you can't see the lower number.

The lead singer looks scary...
Erodyne  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

God I hope this is fake...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Wii Friend Code: 416765768730
xnerdyxrealistx  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

anyone notice that they never said that every song in the game would be by Aerosmith? There is a possibility there will be non-Aerosmith songs in the game. There could be opening bands or something that play different songs. They'll most likely just have the biggest hits, but I would think the final encore would be Aerosmith, but which song? If its Train Kept a Rollin' I'll shoot someone. Not that I don't like it, but I play it enough on Rock Band.

Proof that I can squeeze vocals!!
Cliff  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MarsPhoenix wrote:
Or if it had to be one artist, why not someone who's got enough difference in their songs to make the game worth buying? Metallica, the Stones, the Who...

lolwut? That'd have as much variety as GH: Dragonforce.
Erodyne  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cliff wrote:
MarsPhoenix wrote:
Or if it had to be one artist, why not someone who's got enough difference in their songs to make the game worth buying? Metallica, the Stones, the Who...

15 songs, one guitar part lol.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Wii Friend Code: 416765768730
tormentedbyu  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is the gayest shit I've ever heard in my life.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cliff wrote:
MarsPhoenix wrote:

There's a difference between having a consistent band sound and having almost literally the same song over and over.

But I still wouldn't like a Metallica GH because I don't want to deal with any post-Justice songs, it sucks enough that they're putting Fuel in Rock Band instead of Fade to Black.

1. Toxicity - System of a Down (now impossible?)
2. Paradise Lost - Symphony X
3. Octavarium - Dream Theater
4. Train of Thought - Dream Theater
5. You Could Have It So Much Better - Franz Ferdinand
C0NTR4l34ND  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FrankieB wrote:
Just think guys, 30 Aerosmith songs + other acts and bands that have opened for them (wtf that means I dunno), etc, for who knows how much? If the price is $60 they better have some badass extra bands on there or some really fun charts for these songs, because $60 is stretching it going from 70+ songs to 30. Get that right Activision.

And also, if this does well...imagine all the GH: *Insert Band Name Here* we can potentially get.

GH: Michael Bolton anyone?

kevguev wrote:
were is this free DLC?

That is THIS WEEKEND ONLY. Feb. 16-18th. Make sure you remember to go look!!!

PARADISE CITY!!

Or Mama Kin with Axl, Steven, Slash, and Joe?

saxuallyAPeasing wrote:
Meh, I'm not gonna shell out $60 for a game with 30 songs from a band I consider to be just OK. I liked it better when bands got 1 song per game (at least in the main setlist).

And with their success with GnR already, why didn't they just do a GnR version of GH? I'd definitely buy that.

You're now my favorite scorehero member. I agree. (I disagree about Aerosmith being ok, but points for the Gnr comment. haha)

Actually, I don't expect a GnR one to happen... Sadly they don't have a big enough catalog for something like that.. if they did, it would cater to their hardcore fans (me) and it would alienate a lot of people.

I am, however, calling it right now, that the next one will be Guitar Hero: Kiss. It's actually astounding that they haven't already been put into the game, since they are so quick to slap their name or picture on any object imaginable.

Last edited by C0NTR4l34ND on Fri Feb 15, 2008 4:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc GH Game Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 4 of 9

Jump to: