ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Neversoft Community Event - 9/10/08!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Official Guitar Hero News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
FATCH0  

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 1:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

im hoping you guys can reveal a big lump of the setlist plox. and this sounds very familiar. Ive heard about this somewhere but it was called something else.
heety9  

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 1:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yay! Hopelly some new song confirmations. :P
Bulltill  

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 5:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This will be great! hopefully some news on the setlist for gh:wt!

one2many  

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 6:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sweet wish I could go! Bring back lots of pics, vids, and info okay?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: one2Mike
GuitarHailz  

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hafkie wrote:
You know... there is still time to make me a staff member. (wink, wink)

This will never work....

Seriously though, have an awesome time.

Hahaha. Too bad even that much isn't an insta-ticket to this gig. All staff are not created equal. ;)

It's no big though. SOMEBODY has to moderate the site while all the mods are awol.

Have fun guys.

1KJ08mq.jpg
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail XBL Gamertag: PMS Hailz PSN Name: Hailey_Ivy
FrankieB  

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ChrisVance wrote:
.. and if certain people don't miss their flights .. XD

Carrot's been waiting at the airport since last Tuesday. I think hes ready to go.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: FRANK1E B
skillphiliac  

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would really appreciate it if you could get further information on whether the new PS3 guitar is going to be the same crappy junk as the Les Paul for GH3, I would prefer my guitar to work correctly.
ZEFFER13  

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So does this mean you guys are gonna be able to say ANYTHING you want while playing via live streaming?

And I'll moderate while you guys are enjoying your party. Me and GuitarHailz?

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail XBL Gamertag: ZEFFER13 Wii Friend Code: 210568002975
MetsFan234  

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool!!!! I wonder what news there will be for Guitar Hero World Tour when the Neversoft event happens.

Thanks to btownsoccerstud and IWillKickU for the Guitar Hero Aerosmith Stat Signature!!!!!
Jercurpac  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 12:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awesome, most previews we get are decent, but it's always better to get opinions and insight off of people who I know are as die-hard as I am about Guitar Hero.
familyguy  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 6:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds awesome. Hope I don't forget to watch
mr-apples  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I changed my mind.

Last edited by mr-apples on Fri Nov 07, 2008 9:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
thedevilsreject  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mr-apples wrote:
As I recall, last year's event and reviews painted a very rosey one-sided picture, which was not at all accurate with the final product.

At the time, anyone on the boards who expressed a hint of skepticism was quashed without abandon. (Skepticism which turned out to be quite justified, in my opinion)

One-sided reviews don't serve anyone well. Here's hoping this year's event paints a more comprehensive picture.

I completely agree with this. I didn't particularly care for the way the write up was done last year, nor the Rockband one to be honest. I'd rather the write-ups be done fairly than completely biased in favour of neversoft.

View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: jax0509
emptyset  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mr-apples wrote:
As I recall, last year's event and reviews painted a very rosey one-sided picture, which was not at all accurate with the final product.

Did we play a final product? No, not even close. It was a full build, but a handful of features/bugs/etc were changed greatly between our event and the retail build. It makes sense to focus on the changes I was most surprised with and enjoyed the most, since this game (to me) was leaps and bounds ahead of GH2.

mr-apples wrote:
One-sided reviews don't serve anyone well. Here's hoping this year's event paints a more comprehensive picture.

Personally, I spent four hours with GH3, which is about the maximum amount of time we all had. I find it IMPOSSIBLE to paint a comprehensive picture of an entire game in that time period. It's unfair to give a full assessment of any of the game modes when you don't have time to play through any of them once, let alone multiple times to assess replay value. I had time to unlock up to the third tier and play several of the later, more notable songs in solo play, MOST PARTICULARLY the ones I knew SHers would want to hear about. A few of us played co-op, some played battle mode, and we then critiqued and gave feedback on several very vital gameplay elements - which was the purpose of this event. Much of our session was spent at a roundtable discussing the core of the game and making constructive suggestions, some of which were indeed integrated into the game, to make it a better game for everyone.

I had a right to give my unadulterated opinion, and from the time I spent on the game, I thoroughly enjoyed all of it. Anything I didn't enjoy, I made known as a concern in the roundtable discussion time. Critiquing bugs in my ScoreHero post wouldn't have been really very fair of me to do, since our visit was essentially during their crunch time. All reputable product reviewers know to not assign a grade on a beta version of anything, since the benefit of the doubt is given as far as final development and bug correction goes.

thedevilsreject wrote:
I'd rather the write-ups be done fairly than completely biased in favour of neversoft.

"Fairly"?! I looked back and read my old review post just now, and I wouldn't change anything I said in it. I liked the game, and I said that - what more do you want? Really, if you're calling nothing more than a positive review of a beta product "biased in favor of Neversoft," I think that's more of an issue with your own personal attitude than anything.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ya if you recall, some people actually LIKE GH3. So I doubt that it was biased. It's all a matter of opinion.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Official Guitar Hero News All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 5 of 8

Jump to: