Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Ontwikseltsaar: The Metal 2nd place!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 12, 13, 14  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
expertwin  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How amusing it is that you picked the easiest song in the game for the FGFC. Great job, there, anyhow.
2015/09/20 The date I became Free Bird #200

@ataeaf=My Twitter. RB Accomps. GH Accomps. Nobody reads them.
voidedalive2x wrote:
of COURSE it's doable, you ninny! Don't you cop out on me now!
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: WorthBestGamer
Bendover  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Damn that's a nice FGFC

Skype wrote:
[4:09:44 PM] Jared Brock: War Ensemble is easy as hell [on drums]
Ontwikseltsaar  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2014 12:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just confirmed with WarlordTm that he didn't 100% FC Overkill, so unless there are other candidates, I'm leaving the topic title up like this. :)

arvain wrote:
Look who's alive... out of nowhere, finishing up some LONG overdue fgfc... with the coolest song in the game

I did a double take when I saw you on the Home page a few days ago Damn man, that 100% of Overkill is still impressive, even 3 years later. Dem obnoxious misplaced pedals...

What next ?

To be quite honest, simply moar drums. Also, I have some FCs left on my PC for which I wanted to record hands/pedal views, but since I couldn't drum anymore I haven't been able to finish those videos. Now that I'm moving to a bigger room I have room for my drum set, so I can play again and record those videos and upload some stuff again!

expertwin wrote:
How amusing it is that you picked the easiest song in the game for the FGFC. Great job, there, anyhow.

That's exactly what I was going for, haha. And thanks. My score for The Joker is tied with some guy that has it as his first FC, actually. Nice contrast there :)

Bendover wrote:
Damn that's a nice FGFC

You're one to talk! But thanks

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Ontwikseltsaar
parzrevenge  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2014 12:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ahhhhh damn good job sir, looking forward to the uploads!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2014 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

great job sir, congrats on 1st ever !

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2014 3:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've now uploaded my remaining FC videos and added them to my scores.

Also, I've finally found the chance to record hands and feet for my Beautiful Mourning expert+ FC, which I actually got a few years back.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Ontwikseltsaar
Ontwikseltsaar  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2020 10:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Raining Blood 100% FC

FC #66. I might go for Knights of Cydonia and The Way It Ends, but I am not counting on it. Raining Blood was always my dream FC in terms of what I considered realistic. I proved to myself that I can muster up the dedication to seriously go for a milestone like this for months on end, and that's the most rewarding part of this FC, really.

I made what I think are some unusual choices in tapping and fingering that really helped me consistently hit some tricky patterns. I've been considering writing up a guide to hitting the tough parts of Raining Blood, but unless somebody tells me they're interested in that, I'm not going to bother .

Last edited by Ontwikseltsaar on Mon Sep 14, 2020 10:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
Cabanon  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2020 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

that's one hell of an FC bump. jeez, congratz !

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2020 4:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Teach me your ways! I haven't spent a ton of time on flood! but those trills have always been a problem for me. Just a bit too fast to tap comfortably, and the strums in between are rough. I see you don't elbow strum, which I think would definitely be more comfortable for me, but still looks crazy hard, lol.

Also, get KoC and TWIE, those are nothing compared to this FC lol.
2:59 alexhaz64: I'm like 6th place on that song
2:59 alexhaz64: pretty neat
2:59 alexhaz64: :p
2:59 JohnnyGrey: No Alex, I don't care how good your score is
2:59 JohnnyGrey: DAMMIT
2:59 alexhaz64: XD
alexhaz64 flexes
2:59 psxfreak101: too slow on the trigger there, boyo
2:59 alexhaz64: that seems to be the case all night
2:59 JohnnyGrey: I've been too slow a few times tonight
2:59 JohnnyGrey: GDSAKj hfask
2:59 psxfreak101: XD
2:59 alexhaz64: LMAO
2:59 alexhaz64: OMG
psxfreak101 actua-loling
Ontwikseltsaar  

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2020 7:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cabanon wrote:
that's one hell of an FC bump. jeez, congratz !

Thanks! I randomly picked up this game again about 3 months ago, randomly played RaBl, randomly tried to figure out Flood!, and things just got progressively more serious after that .

alexhaz64 wrote:
Teach me your ways! I haven't spent a ton of time on flood! but those trills have always been a problem for me. Just a bit too fast to tap comfortably, and the strums in between are rough. I see you don't elbow strum, which I think would definitely be more comfortable for me, but still looks crazy hard, lol.

Also, get KoC and TWIE, those are nothing compared to this FC lol.

I don't know if other people elbow strum more than this, but I still have a total of 7 elbow strums in Flood!. Anyway, one person is all I needed for motivation, so I'll see if I can type something up.

Ontwikseltsaar  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2020 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Knights of Cydonia 100% FC

Only took me a couple of hours (practice + FC attempts). Definitely easier than RaBl . But another one crossed off the list nonetheless. I think for TWIE I'll just practise a bit every day until the verse rhythms become more natural to me. I don't want to be presumptuous, but it should be doable?

Cabanon  

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2020 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

curse you ascending/descending quads ! can't do it, too fast for my small/big hand.

congratz !

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2020 2:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sure they rely on different strengths and techniques, but I'd say TWIE is definitely reasonable ( expected even) after FCing Raining Blood

I was really close to TWIE a long time ago, and I think what you said is probably the best way to go about it. Play it a handful of times each day and it should slowly feel more natural and less tiring. Sometimes I'd even do a run of the verse/bridge/chorus or whatever the 3 sections are on slow to get a good feel for the rhythm first.

Congrats on the awesome two FCs. Rabl is incredible and I'm sure it'll feel great when you get 68 FCs

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2020 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cabanon wrote:
curse you ascending/descending quads ! can't do it, too fast for my small/big hand.

congratz !

Thanks!

JohnnyGrey wrote:
Sure they rely on different strengths and techniques, but I'd say TWIE is definitely reasonable ( expected even) after FCing Raining Blood

I was really close to TWIE a long time ago, and I think what you said is probably the best way to go about it. Play it a handful of times each day and it should slowly feel more natural and less tiring. Sometimes I'd even do a run of the verse/bridge/chorus or whatever the 3 sections are on slow to get a good feel for the rhythm first.

Congrats on the awesome two FCs. Rabl is incredible and I'm sure it'll feel great when you get 68 FCs

What you're saying about playing on slow is very true and something I experienced strongly when practising RaBl as well. To get more accurate timing on full speed what I did often was play it on slow until I could FC it, say, 5 times in a row. Then go back to full speed and more often than not it would really help. In many cases, the speed of my fingers wasn't the problem. It was the accuracy. And I think the same thing applies to TWIE's verse/chorus rhythm.

Ontwikseltsaar  

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2020 10:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Way It Ends 100% FC

Took a while to get into the rhythm, but ultimately it was not that bad. I'm happy with my score, but it made me respect the people who have been squeezing this song so much more... All the ticks, whammies and squeezes at this speed are insane.

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 12, 13, 14  Next
Page 13 of 14

Jump to: