ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Shovelheads: Fame, SNA(FF), SneakOut, SIOL FBFCs (35/85)
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ccmoose  

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2009 10:01 pm    Post subject: Shovelheads: Fame, SNA(FF), SneakOut, SIOL FBFCs (35/85) Reply with quote

The Shovelheads
Scores

Session 1 Recap
Session 2 Recap
Session 3 Recap
Session 4 Recap
Session 5 Recap
Session 6 Recap
Session 7 Recap

Members:
Guitar: ccmoose
Bass: superspaz117
Drums: Sulfurus
Vocals: boss1592

FBFCs
01. Gratitude Pic Vid
02. Bring the Noise 200XX Pic Vid
03. Smells Like Teen Spirit Pic Vid
04. Lithium (Live) Pic Vid
05. Song 2 Pic Vid
06. They Say Pic Vid
07. In My Place* Pic Vid
08. Feel Good Inc. Pic Vid
09. All Along the Watchtower Pic Vid
10. Under Pressure Pic Vid
11. Only Happy When It Rains Pic Vid
12. Steady, As She Goes Pic Vid
13. Sex on Fire Pic Vid
14. Kryptonite Pic Vid
15. Plug in Baby Pic Vid
16. Du Hast Pic Vid
17. Gamma Ray Pic Vid
18. You Give Love a Bad Name Pic Vid
19. What I Got Pic Vid
20. Runnin' Down a Dream Pic Vid
21. Blue Orchid Pic Vid
22. A-Punk Pic Vid
23. 20th Century Boy Pic Vid
24. L.A. Pic Vid
25. Blue Day Pic
26. Hurts So Good Pic Vid
27. Mirror People Pic Vid
28. Bleed American Pic Vid
29. Never Miss a Beat Pic Vid
30. Ex-Girlfriend Pic Vid
31. Comedown Pic Vid
32. Sneak Out Pic Vid
33. Shout It Out Loud Pic Vid
34. Saturday Night's Alright (For Fighting) Pic Vid
35. Fame Pic Vid

* - Boss was dropped between the last vocals phrase and the stats screen coming up.

Session 1
November 22, 2009 (and technically November 21 as well)

FBFCs
01. Gratitude
02. Bring the Noise 20XX
03. Smells Like Teen Spirit
04. Lithium (Live)
05. Song 2
06. They Say
07. In My Place
08. Feel Good Inc.
09. All Along the Watchtower

Boss had some internet troubles on Saturday (11/21), so Spaz, Sulfurus, and I did some talkie only songs. We got FBFCs of Gratitude and Bring the Noise 20XX, and then just goofed off with some other stuff.

We finally had our first real Full Band session today (11/22). We had some connectivity issues for about an hour in the middle of our session, but we still got 7 more FBFCs (9 total now!): Smells Like Teen Spirit, Lithium, Song 2, They Say, Feel Good Inc, In My Place, All Along the Watchtower.

Session 2
December 5, 2009

FBFCs
10. Under Pressure
11. Only Happy When It Rains
12. Steady, As She Goes
13. Sex on Fire
14. Kryptonite

Today went very well. We got Under Pressure in only two tries (I missed on the first one ), and we had already worked out a path last week for this song, so it was nice and easy.

The next four are all 1st place scores, but they were of course very easy songs: Only Happy When It Rains; Steady, As She Goes; Sex on Fire; Kryptonite. I'm especially glad to have Sex on Fire out of the way as I hate Kings of Leon... A LOT. Worst song in the game IMO.

We would have gotten Blue Day too, but there was a miss on the second-to-last note by someone (I won't name names here). Since we have a path worked out and it's an easy song, this should get done quickly tomorrow.

We also took a look at Brianstorm. We've come up with a path, so now we just have to do the hard part, FC the damn thing. We'll work on that tomorrow.

And lastly, we looked at Younk Funk for the last 15 minutes of our session before determining that it just wasn't gonna happen today. We have a path mapped out though, so it wasn't a total loss.

Session 3
December 6, 2009

FBFCs
15. Plug in Baby
16. Du Hast
17. Gamma Ray
18. You Give Love a Bad Name
19. What I Got
20. Runnin' Down a Dream

Today went well enough I suppose. We got to 20 FBFCs, which was our goal for this weekend. We actually got a few of today's FBFCs sooner than we could perfect the path, but they are all 1st place scores, so I really don't have any complaints.

Somehow Blue Day has managed to elude an FBFC by us yet again I mean honestly, it took fewer tries to get Under Pressure, Runnin' Down a Dream, and You Give Love a Bad Name than we've put into Blue Day. It's just one of those easy songs that is tripping us up more than we expected.

You Give Love a Bad Name is the FBFC I'm most proud of today. First we needed the path (2 or 3 runs to get it down). Then I couldn't hit the solo worth crap. Then Sulfurus couldn't hit the outro. Then I couldn't hit the solo again. Instead of killing each other over this song, we went and got a few easy FBFCs and came back to it. First run, I missed in the solo. Second run, I missed at the end of the solo Third run, Solo FC!!! but boss disconnected EXPLETIVE! Fourth run, FBFC. Kudos to Sulfurus for getting that outro the first time back.

What I Got was an incredibly quick FBFC. It took three tries, and the first two were actually 4X100%'s with overstrums on bass. It didn't matter though because we needed the path anyway. Boss is insane, he FC'ed the song all three times we played it. Mad props to boss.

We only had about 45 minutes left, so we went for the coveted 20th FBFC we wanted so dearly. Runnin' Down a Dream took 3 or 4 tries to get. No chokes period on the song. The first time we got to the guitar solo with zero misses we FBFC'ed it.

All in all this was a good session. We had better fucking get Blue Day next session though.

Session 4
December 13, 2009

FBFCs
21. Blue Orchid
22. A-Punk
23. 20th Century Boy

Today was our least successful session to date. First I slept in for the first hour of the session and then we had more Blue Day issues. On our next few songs, it became obvious that Spaz was having serious hardware issues. His guitar was "over-strumming like a drunk monkey." That at least explains why we weren't able to get Blue Day once again.

Despite all these issues, we did manage to get 3 new FBFCs: Blue Orchid, A-Punk, and 20th Century Boy. None took more tries than just getting a path and doing it because, well, we're awesome. Once Spaz gets a functioning guitar again, we should be piling the FBFCs on. My goal for us, 50 FBFCs by the end of January. Let's do it guys.

As a side note, we got to 100 million career score today. Well, we actually had it a while ago, but we've only been reporting our FBFCs. So today is our official 100 million point day!

Session 5
December 20, 2009

FBFCs
24. L.A.
25. Blue Day
26. Hurts So Good
27. Mirror People
28. Bleed American

Looks like spaz's guitar made a miraculous recovery. We went an entire session without it overstrumming on us once! Not one of these FBFC's was challenging; in fact, we got Bleed American several times before we could come up with a great path for it. It's first for now, so we'll just leave it until someone beats us.

WE GOT BLUE DAY! Fucking finally too. This song took way too many tries. This was our 4th session to look at the song, but we got it on our first (maybe second) try of the song this time. That's how long it should have taken from the start

We didn't look at any hard songs this session. We threw it together less than 48 hours before hand, so we're lucky I was even able to take my Xbox home with me (visiting family). We have a decent path for American Girl, but Sulfurus's cymbal kept overhitting about 30 seconds before the outro solo starts, and then I got tired (I did wake up at 4am to play dammit) and started missing in the intro , so we called it a day. This one should go down quickly during our next session.

Session 6
January 10, 2010

FBFCs
29. Never Miss a Beat
30. Ex Girlfriend
31. Comedown

We're finally back from the holidays with our first session of the decade! Unfortunately, it wasn't the grand re-entrance we were hoping for. We got close on Superstition, but no cigar. We also had some trouble on Looks that Kill, but we only worked on that for about 15 minutes before deciding we'd rather not grind a song that should be easy. We'll just come back to it later.

Never Miss a Beat came very quickly. After our first run-through we remembered that we came up with a path for this song in our last session. So it only took about 20 minutes to get this one.

Ex Girlfriend isn't memorable (thank GOD). It didn't take long to come up with a decent path and then FC.

Comedown was dangerously close to becoming our new "Blue Day". That is, it should have taken WAY LESS time than it did to get the FC. We tweaked our path A LOT on this song, and our FBFC score turned out lower than a run we had earlier with a miss. I know how to improve it, but until someone beats our score, I think we'll just leave it as is

We were gonna do a double session today, but Sulfurus's parents nixed that idea. That's okay though, we'll just have to make up for it next week.

Session 7
January 24, 2010

FBFCs
32. Sneak Out
33. Shout It Out Loud
34. Saturday Night's Alright (For Fighting)
35. Fame

Great session today. Everyone was online and ready to go at our scheduled start time, which is a pretty impressive trait this band has had; I've been less lucky in the past.

We got Sneak Out pretty quickly. Most of us (maybe all of us) had one or two stupid misses, but we got it in less than 10 runs for sure.

Shout It Out Loud went smoothly as well. It took us maybe 5 runs for this song.

Saturday Night's Alright (For Fighting), aka SNARFF, didn't take long at all because boss is a beastly vocalist. I'd say it took us one more try than it should have because I had a really dumb miss where I saw a note, thought to myself "press down blue", but didn't press down blue. Weird. We got it on the next run, so no harm done. What a freakin' crazy band streak too--5436!

Fame took very little time as well because boss=boss. The hardest part for everyone not singing was that the bass track makes similar sounds to that when someone misses a note. I've trained myself to look around for who missed after hearing that sound, so it was tough to control that reaction.

The only downsides to todays session were some connectivity issues in the middle and Maiden, Mother, and Crone. We all own that song, but stupid misses kept happening and then we all got frustrated. And FCs rarely occur with 4 frustrated people, so we just put that one aside for the time being. It should go down fairly quickly in our next session though.

Overall it was a GREAT SESSION, especially for boss!

Last edited by ccmoose on Mon Jan 25, 2010 4:03 am; edited 18 times in total
superspaz117  

Location: Pluto, occasionally hiding from Jesus in the centre of the sun

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2009 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And we'll be expecting Under Pressure in a few days

Also maybe we should get Shovelhead Member Banners made

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2009 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not only am I not creative, I'm not artistic either. If someone makes standard size banners, I'll put it in my sig.

Sulfurus  

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2009 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's a pretty smart looking OP, imo. The remaining videos are uploading atm, should be done shortly.

I don't have any room to put a banner in my sig! I'm sure I could sort something out though.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2009 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow, these shovelhead people sure seem purty gud.

under pressure quite frankely would have happened today but my headset died, and we jsut decided to call it a day, but all in good time. fellas, shall we get a list of songs for next weekend sorted out?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: Starchaser NI
superspaz117  

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2009 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

boss1592 wrote:

under pressure quite frankely would have happened today but my headset died, and we jsut decided to call it a day, but all in good time. fellas, shall we get a list of songs for next weekend sorted out?

A list I can think of off the top of my head is

Under Pressure
Plug In Baby
Kryptonite
Gamma Ray
Play That Funky Music
Only Happy When It Rains
Sympathy For The Devil (Only if everyone is comfortable attempting that)
Bleed American
Steady As She Goes
Looks That Kill
Shout It Out Loud

Obviously we won't get them all done if anyone wants a song added or removed from this list let me know

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2009 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow great start you guys! Can't wait to see what you can do. ^_^

1KJ08mq.jpg
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail XBL Gamertag: PMS Hailz PSN Name: Hailey_Ivy
boss1592  

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2009 11:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

superspaz117 wrote:
boss1592 wrote:

A list I can think of off the top of my head is

Under Pressure - fine
Plug In Baby - should be fine
Kryptonite - easy
Gamma Ray - fine
Play That Funky Music - LOLNO, leave this one for a while, vocals insanity right here
Only Happy When It Rains - fine
Sympathy For The Devil (Only if everyone is comfortable attempting that)should be doable, just need to practice the last verse some more
Bleed American - fine
Steady As She Goes - fine
Looks That Kill - fine
Shout It Out Loud - fine

Obviously we won't get them all done if anyone wants a song added or removed from this list let me know

is so lonely hard on anything besides vox, cos if not i think we could add that in

EDIT: thanks hailz

Last edited by boss1592 on Sun Nov 22, 2009 11:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: Starchaser NI
superspaz117  

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2009 11:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think there's a couple of tricky spots on drums and there is a chokeable ending on Bass
@Sulfurus, Are you uploading the DWEDFN vid?

EDIT: Thanks from me too Hailz

Last edited by superspaz117 on Sun Nov 22, 2009 11:07 pm; edited 2 times in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: My Beard is OP
boss1592  

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2009 11:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

superspaz117 wrote:
I think there's a couple of tricky spots on drums and there is a chokeable ending on Bass

well we can leave it a while then. what about sweating bullets? as far as i know thats only hard on vox
superspaz117  

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2009 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

boss1592 wrote:
superspaz117 wrote:

well we can leave it a while then. what about sweating bullets? as far as i know thats only hard on vox

Theres an insane muderous drum roll of death on that song but if sulfurus wants to play guitar and moose on drums then its definitely poosible

just extremely unlikely

Last edited by superspaz117 on Sun Nov 22, 2009 11:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: My Beard is OP
werelord  

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2009 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You guys seems like you'll be a godly band and I look forward to following you guys. But out of curiousity, not that you're not good Sulfurus you're amazing, why isnt ccmoose on drums?

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2009 11:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

werelord wrote:
You guys seems like you'll be a godly band and I look forward to following you guys. But out of curiousity, not that you're not good Sulfurus you're amazing, why isnt ccmoose on drums?

He was the best guitarist that approached us

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2009 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

superspaz117 wrote:
boss1592 wrote:
superspaz117 wrote:

Theres an insane muderous drum roll of death on that song but if sulfurus wants to play guitar and moose on drums then its definitely poosible

just extremely unlikely

damn, i forgot about that godforsaken roll. sulfuras, can u get it?
Sulfurus  

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2009 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

werelord wrote:

I ask myself the same question. He's way better than me on Drums, but I believe he just fancied Guitar for a change of pace.

Sweating Bullets is one of the 5 I am missing. I have not hit that roll on full speed, ever. However! If I learn to hit the end chords I might be able to FC it on guitar, I don't play much guitar though.
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 1 of 8

Jump to: