ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Thank you, Activison.
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc DJ Hero Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nytelyte  

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2009 7:13 am    Post subject: Thank you, Activison. Reply with quote

Thank you, Activision, or whoever else the hell is responsible (please don't correct me, I'm not in the mood) for making this horrible, flaky, piece of garbage engine that has so many bugs I can't even enjoy my game.

I can crack 1.4 million points on rockit, so I think I know how to scratch, fade, and tap. So explain to me why I break combo in random spots all over the beginning of Beats and Pieces where it's just simple "up down up down *free scratch* down up down up"?!? Explain to me why there's an "up down up down up down up down up down up down up down" and as I'm doing a normal up and down motion that works on all other 92 tracks of your horribly built game, it BREAKS MY COMBO AND GIVES ME ZERO CREDIT FOR THE REST OF THE SCRATCH SECTION?!

This is the flakiest engine I've *EVER* seen for *ANY* music game. I'd rather play this game on the Guitar Praise engine. I wanted to try and practice and get better at Beats and Pieces today, but all I did was get really pissed off for breaking combo on really really simple things. So a simple plain up arrow scratch, a single up arrow all by itself, I scratch upward as I'm supposed to, and I tap the green button. Explain to me why my combo breaks? Don't tell me that I'm not doing it right or that I must be doing something wrong... I am pretty darn positive I know what I'm doing. It's pretty simple what's supposed to happen. I am supposed to move the turntable in such a manner that the buttons rotate on the platter AWAY from me, and I tap the corresponding button (green, in this case) while "scratching" when the green up arrow crosses the three targets at the bottom of the highway. I have done this many other times with success. Why, Activision (or whoever else is responsible), does it break my combo on the SAME up arrow every single time? Is it because you don't know what the hell you're doing?

I shouldn't have to adjust my playstyle to hit certain things early, late, hold arrows longer or tap them faster on certain sections of certain songs just because your game engine is so horribly programmed. A green up arrow should have the exact same timing restrictions no matter what song or what difficulty it is found on.

Also, thank you for making a controller that has such horribly designed buttons. I love having a long stream of 16th taps on the same button, tapping the button with the CORRECT timing (yes, I am 100% sure I am doing this right, I am an old IIDX player with plenty of AAA's on another and am also a musician and have an EXCELLENT understanding of rhythm, music, and the math behind it), yet your controller's buttons are so horribly made, that the little rubber plunger under your cheap plastic buttons does not pop back up fast enough to be depressed again, so the controller tells the game that I held the button down instead of pressing it again. I also appreciate that your turntable is so awesomely made that sometimes when I spin the platter in a clockwise manner (I play buttons-right) at a very high velocity, much higher than necessary to trigger the "720 rewind", that you give me some lame-ass excuse for a rewind. This is absolutely amazing, exactly what I wanted out of a game.

... christ. Fix your game. The engine blows and the controller is a piece of crap. This makes me so sad, because I would really enjoy my game if it worked properly. Instead I nearly threw my overpriced piece of garbage (also known as my turntable controller) out the window. Man, if it were wired, I couldn't throw it out the window. ... maybe I should get one of those.
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger XBL Gamertag: nyt3lyt3 ICQ Number
Grimnir  

Location: OMG you live in ut or play on psn? add me lets play!!!

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2009 7:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GAH seriously +1...

+100000!!!

it's like FSG opened up gh---1--- and rb1 and didn't think to look any further <_< I know it's their first game in their release... it doesn't mean it's the first rhythm game and they have to re-discover how to make something fuckin work >_<

And ya, it isn't some "i can't play this (but it's prolly me) and I'm gonna cus about it instead of working harder" You can't say someone with #1 global scores on a song is whining because he isn't good enough <_< The problem is that he IS good enough, to see that the problems are with the GAME!

I love dj hero, it's a great game... it's engine is SHIT though. And being activision.. I doubt we'll see a patch, just 4 more releases next year <_<

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2009 7:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

... great music, great concept, great graphics...

and they ruin it with a flaky engine and garbage controller.

I've got a good idea as to how large companies that crank these games out work... They care 100% about the casual player who's gonna buy it and play on medium, and 0% about the hardcore players. Sure, there are more casual players out there, but the hardcore players get more casual players, and buy more than just the first version of the game, and they get all of the DLC and more controllers when the ones they have start to wear down.

It's obvious they don't care about hardcore players just by looking at hyperdeck mode. Grah. Anyone who isn't ridiculously good at a music game, I will highly suggest they get DJ Hero. Anyone who *IS* ridiculously good at music games, I'm gonna have to tell them to hold off and wait for a better version... ... if we ever get one.
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger XBL Gamertag: nyt3lyt3 ICQ Number
Grimnir  

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2009 7:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

afaik it's already slated for a dj2 in 2010 4th quarter... which if they make the improvement measure between gh1 and gh2 <_< will be WELL worth the wait...

I just hope they at least put in dlc forward compatibility <_< Because fuck that would suck to lose another game's dlc to do versioning <_<

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2009 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm. Any of you here are able to connect your controller to your PC somehow?
Make sure you're hitting the drum controller
de1337ed  

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2009 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The number of times I've just assumed it was me missing is pretty astronomical. I'm sure a large number of these times are really my fault, but I've 5'd all but 4 songs, two of which are Beats and Pieces and Monkey Wrench/Sabotage. Whenever I think about the Beastie Boys I get frustrated...

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2009 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nardi11011 wrote:

Yup... With Xbox 360 Wireless Receiver.

X rotation axe is dial effects, Y is the cross fader. Buttons 1/2/3 are G/R/B, 4 is Yellow/Euphoria, 7 is back, 8 is start.

Dunno what Z axe is, but when using platter buttons this axe seems to move a bit. It doesn't move when using the X360 control pannel

And the X/Y axe box is when moving the platter. Only a small move.

< barely, but yay \o/
S8BB-1 League 14th season/p-o semi-finalist
My Acc. Thread / My RB DLC / / GH3H SP sheet ? / Band Acc / X guitar ESL2 : December 10, 2008
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: Kane40Be
Grimnir  

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2009 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

de1337ed wrote:
The number of times I've just assumed it was me missing is pretty astronomical. I'm sure a large number of these times are really my fault, but I've 5'd all but 4 songs, two of which are Beats and Pieces and Monkey Wrench/Sabotage. Whenever I think about the Beastie Boys I get frustrated...

the beastie boys monkey wrench v sabotage really is bugged, and very badly >_< there is no argument about that.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2009 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grimnir wrote:
de1337ed wrote:

the beastie boys monkey wrench v sabotage really is bugged, and very badly >_< there is no argument about that.

I've noticed this too. A plus was that to 5 star it, it forced me to learn some tougher sections that I otherwise wouldn't have bothered with.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2009 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kane40 wrote:
nardi11011 wrote:

Could you run this, check if the values are right, and give me some sample values for the turntable? If it doesn't start, you'll need to install this (you also need .NET Framework 2.0, but I'm assuming you already have that installed).
Make sure you're hitting the drum controller
mDaWg  

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2009 11:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nardi11011 wrote:
Kane40 wrote:
nardi11011 wrote:

Could you run this, check if the values are right, and give me some sample values for the turntable? If it doesn't start, you'll need to install this (you also need .NET Framework 2.0, but I'm assuming you already have that installed).

No luck running it... It just crashes every time I try to run it.. Maybe because I'm on x64?

I get this in the error output:
Code:

Description:
  Stopped working

Problem signature:
  Problem Event Name:   CLR20r3
  Problem Signature 01:   djherocontrollerthingy.exe
  Problem Signature 02:   1.0.0.0
  Problem Signature 03:   4b2409fc
  Problem Signature 04:   System.Windows.Forms
  Problem Signature 05:   2.0.0.0
  Problem Signature 06:   4a275ebd
  Problem Signature 07:   1338
  Problem Signature 08:   0
  Problem Signature 09:   System.BadImageFormatException
  OS Version:   6.1.7600.2.0.0.256.1
  Locale ID:   1033

EDIT: Actually, I installed it on my laptop and Visual Studio debugged it and gave me this:

Could not load file or assembly 'Microsoft.Xna.Framework, Version=3.1.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=6d5c3888ef60e27d' or one of its dependencies. An attempt was made to load a program with an incorrect format.

I installed the xna framework though...

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2009 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

also - how are we getting different note totals on the same difficulty on the same game? check the leaderboards. people on the same difficulty with FCs on the same song have a range of notes. the xx/? with the ? being the problem

my case - David Axelrod / Eric B & Rakim. i play on hard. my game tells me there are 389 notes. kane40 takes a pic. his has 407. i really really don't understand how the same game can have different charts

and fuck sabotage / monkey wrench. i've noticed the timing windows on the guitar/dj songs are fucked

i really enjoy the game but completely different note charts on the same song on the same difficulty is outrageous. i don't even know how that happens

ricecake  

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2009 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

higgatron wrote:
also - how are we getting different note totals on the same difficulty on the same game?

Grimnir posted about how squeezing and rewinds can affect the note totals:
http://www.scorehero.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1544987#1544987

PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2009 12:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, but this much ? (517 vs 486, 9 vs 8 rewinds)

Ok, that's only 3.1 notes per rewind, but still...

nardi11011 wrote:

No luck either... It started but "DJHeroControllerThingy stopped functionning..." soon after.

On Windows 7 ultimate 32 bits.

< barely, but yay \o/
S8BB-1 League 14th season/p-o semi-finalist
My Acc. Thread / My RB DLC / / GH3H SP sheet ? / Band Acc / X guitar ESL2 : December 10, 2008
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: Kane40Be
higgatron  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2009 1:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

so note totals are arbitrary and can change based on rewinds?

kane40 vs. cyberwaste. same song

my FC total = the note total given by cyberwaste's screen. i hit 8 rewinds and he hit 4. kane hit 1 more rewind and has an extra 31 notes? so squeezing a rewind can have that kind of effect on the note total? if i'm understanding correctly from grimnir's post then kane's total should be 517/486, right? or does the total go up because of the game's design?

in my head, regardless of extra notes squeezable, CAN'T THE NOTE TOTAL JUST REFLECT HOW MANY NOTES ARE IN THE SONG!??! i guess playing through it with no rewinds is the only way to find out?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc DJ Hero Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: