Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Wooffus (vox) - FebMP vids+analysis; seeya on the blue side
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 47, 48, 49  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wooffus  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bumping up to say that there'll be an update in the next 5 minutes. And from that update, I'll be sending a transmission from a one-limbed cutting object towards a love-hungry gigolo in a glamorous district of LA.
Any idea which is the big FC this time?

Click the card for my accomplishment thread!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Wii Friend Code: 4393435608820667
tidus  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CUT AWAY! CUT AWAY! SEND TRANSMISSION FOR THE ONE-ARMED SCISSOR!

I got it. Attacking Sunna's Chariot apparently, ya? I may be expecting something super from you then.

| 57 RB1 on-disk FC's, plus 4 RB Vox FGFC's. No way I don't feel accomplished! =)
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: TidusKamikaze
Wooffus  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know about you but "One Armed Scissor" is fun if you know what you're doing, haha.
And yes, my update may be late but it's here now in all its glory.

---

Update: February 1st 2010

Video Feature Triple:
Solo Vox: Feel Good Inc | Medicate (YT | DM)
Co-Op: Du Hast (Guitar + Bass Dual FC)

Today's featured vox recordings take us to two songs with diamond challenges in the game. I only showed the challenge for "Medicate" though as it requires more thought on how to get that 50,000 points in Star Power; "Feel Good Inc" on the other hand was keeping a 4x multiplier for 2 minutes, but if I'm going for the FC it doesn't really matter =P
"Du Hast", as I said last time, was made of pure win. It was a guitar chart that I thought I might never conquer, but somehow did, and thanks to the co-operation with Kyle we're both glad it turned out great

GH:WT Progress Report: Once again I was ready to continue on with the remaining WT FCs. And of the selection out there, I've managed to clear 8 of them today:

[img][/img]

Half of the songs were sightreads ("What I've Done", "Livin' on a Prayer", "One Armed Scissor" and "Toy Boy"); the others, however, weren't.
Though, what I wasn't expecting was to be continuously screwed over by "Hollywood Nights" for half an hour. That was partially A: trying to learn the song, and B: trying to get my head around the chorus variations and the crazy warblings between the first chorus and second verse and the ending respectively. Not good, I'm telling you that now!
The other three non-sightreads on the other hand just took me two tries each. The initial chokes were as follows: intro for "Santeria" (yep, the first time quiet vocals had me screwed), short 'hey' phrase after the second chorus in "Monsoon", and one of the fiddly 'I'm a walking nightmare, an arsenal of doom' lines in "Demolition Man". But I'm glad I picked up very quickly.

And now, I shall bring up what I still need to do:

Ozzfest - 3 ("Scream Aim Fire" and the Ozzy tracks)
Bone Church - 4 ("Obstacle 1", "Mountain Song", "Today" and "Rebel Yell")
Tool Venue - 3
Recording Studio - 4 ("Lazy Eye", "Nuvole E Lenzuola", "Weapon of Choice" and "Love Spreads")
Sunna's Chariot - 3 ("Good God", "Never Too Late" and "Pull Me Under")

Only 4 away from 200 total as well!

I *really* need to nail "Good God" in particular in time for the Tour Group Tussle this weekend. This means I'll be needing to do some serious WT grinding during the week instead of my usual Friday day off, so there we go, haha.

Just so anyone knows, these are the songs chosen for the tussle and what I need to practice more on:

GH5: "Gratitude" | "Du Hast" | "The Spirit of Radio" | "Wannabe in LA" | "Plug In Baby" | "2 Minutes to Midnight"
GHWT: "Do It Again" | "Prisoner of Society" | "Go Your Own Way" | "Soul Doubt" | "Beat It" | "Good God"

Still, only one new banner today though and it's more general:

In other notes, I gotta thank you guys for the little cheer-up after feeling down as of late. Yep, I know I have serious skill but at the same time my self-esteem can swing harshly in both directions; it's something that I've seriously had to put up with for some time. =( So yeah, apparently leaving a mark on the GH community is harder than it looks no matter what instrument.

Either way, thanks for checking out the update.
And now it's time to grind on "Good God", however I can.

[This update has been archived here for the sake of the first post.]

Last edited by Wooffus on Sun Feb 13, 2011 11:17 am; edited 2 times in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Wii Friend Code: 4393435608820667
Wooffus  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

so much for full glory if Joe and Boss are still hogging attention, lol.
Bumping up because *I* want a share of that cake too

tidus  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought you'd get some, lol. Sorry again. But I still didn't post on either thread, was busy playing FFX

But...I thought I'd post here again, cause...err...ya know <3

However, I didn't know about "Demolition Man (Live)". For me, strangely, it's not that hard because I know what to do. But it's a real monster with all of that lag, so mad props!

Keep it up!

| 57 RB1 on-disk FC's, plus 4 RB Vox FGFC's. No way I don't feel accomplished! =)
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: TidusKamikaze
JOE2210  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I cannot get that Medicate challenge XD
NOWAI.

I feel bad...

Eastwinn wrote:

I honestly don't get it. What is the point of riding someone's ass. What benefit does it bring you?
werelord  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good job on One Arm Scissor! You didn't take my global first did you? And Demolition Man is amazing I remember that one...*shudders*

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 11:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What global first?
I hate to break it to you, but dr00bles nicked it from you 2 weeks ago.
Besides, I'm 2k behind you and I didn't even focus on any coherent star power path at all

werelord  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wooffus wrote:
What global first?
I hate to break it to you, but dr00bles nicked it from you 2 weeks ago.
Besides, I'm 2k behind you and I didn't even focus on any coherent star power path at all

CURSE YOU DR00BLES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thanks for informing me though and I'm glad that if anyone beat me it was someone as godly as dr00bles *mutters something to himself*. Anyway still amazing job on those songs.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2010 1:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I watched the "Medicate" vid, and I was thinking of getting some inspiration from it in order to go for the Diamond.

It seems that I have to be really really accurate at the SP phrases to fill the tank, right? Either way, very awesome job on it too!

On a side note, I was glad to catch you on the IRC, it was a really lucky 1st visit on #lavalamp!

toymachine  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2010 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love singing Feel Good

nice work!

Keep up the fake plastic singing.
Wooffus  

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A little reply time before I move ahead:

Tidus: Yeah, "Demolition Man" is a lot easier as a GH5 import, let's put it this way. But in both incarnations, it's still about consistency more than anything else. I'm still lucky I got it in so few takes, hahaha.
It was still great seeing you in #lavalamp too; seeing Hailz mention it in kire's accomplishment thread meant that I *had* to come there and see if it could help at all, and she's right - it's quite the hangout

Joe: Yes, you can. There are all types of diamond paths out there, and if one doesn't work, seek someone else's. dr00bles and Airshock22 have also shown their variations too, so don't put yourself down too easily. *hugs*

Werelord: Yeah, I feel for you for being upstaged by dr00bles there.
I don't know if you remember from last night, but apparently his godly score on "Freya" is the one thing that's stopping me from getting the global 1st on the London Sewerage System gig on GH:SH, and I don't think I can improve my score anymore.
But I'm still happy with the outcome nonetheless, and you should be happy with yours regardless

toymachine: "Feel Good Inc" is a great song to sing once you get used to it, though not so great if people keep picking it online and *still* somehow sucking at it. But yah, thank you!

And now, I shall bump this up for the impending update. Pretty much the entire past week was a case of "good god - my mind won't let me think right know, I know I'm troubled", let's put it this way.
But hopefully there should be a light at the end of the tunnel from all this.

Oh btw, just so you know... I chose freedom.

---

Update: February 4th 2010

Video Feature Double: Du Hast | Plug In Baby

No new co-op vids this time around, but I'm still game to show a pair of vocal selections this time nonetheless, this time being solo runs on two of the tracks for the GHC Tour Group Tussle this weekend. Expect one track done in its original octave and the other done in what definitely *isn't* a good attempt at German annunciation.

GH:WT Progress Report: True to my word, I worked on some new things throughout the week due to not only the tussle, but also the fact that I won't have time tomorrow anyways due to waiting on a delivery for a new 3-piece suite out here. Picky parents today... :P
Anyway, let me go through a grand total of 6 new FCs!

(This update is apparently sponsored by Samsung, for all your great audio-visual needs... haha.)

The sightreads of this broken-down session were all in the Ozzfest gig - "Scream Aim Fire" (which had some close calls due to the speed of the song, haha!) and "Mr. Crowley".
"Obstacle 1" took me 2 tries, "Lazy Eye" took about 3, and "Parabola" had me learning the song for about 15 minutes before getting the FC on that too.
But the most frustrating FC on this one was "Good God", without question. The mic lag, further complicated with chorus variations and the wild nature of the ending, had made this more difficult to execute than I thought. But I do agree with werelord on it being melodic, though that's not necessarily for all of the song as far as I'm concerned.

But I'm glad I got it; I just wish I'll be able to repeat a performance on that level for the Tussle

Also, just so you know, "Parabola" marked 200 Vox FCs! Yeah, I was hoping to seal that on something silly, but it's too late for that now; I'm just glad I reached that epic milestone!

Just quickly now, let's recap what I've yet to do.

Ozzfest - 1 ("Crazy Train")
Bone Church - 3 ("Mountain Song", "Today" and "Rebel Yell")
Tool Venue - 2 ("Schism" and "Vicarious")
Recording Studio - 3 ("Nuvole e Lenzuola", "Love Spreads" and "Weapon of Choice")
Sunna's Chariot - 2 ("Never Too Late" and "Pull Me Under")

And now, lemme get at those banners!

Also, after having several rough moments throughout the week, I really gotta give a lot of thanks to the wonderful guys at #lavalamp for the enlightenment I've taken aboard within the past 48 hours. I thought I'd been kind of suffering as a vocalist in comparison to most of the others around here, but to think that this is actually a more peaceful time for us than what apparently happened during the world tour days - it *really* puts things into perspective.
Course, all we gotta wait for now is for the vocal community to continue to grow, but for now, I feel a lot more content than I was. So once again, thank you

Anyway, I've done my tussle tracks for GH5, complete with optimal paths. Now while I wait for any stuffed bear competition on that front, I'll make my move on the GH:WT tracks for the time being. Mwahaha?

[This update has been archived here for the sake of the first post.]

Last edited by Wooffus on Mon Feb 08, 2010 9:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
chaosfreak07  

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BLIZZARD OF THOTH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ozzy is a crazy singer. The Tool songs sound like (and i've heard that) they're pretty weird to sing too.

And a melodic song mixed with a lot of lag and randomness...yeah, good god.

Keep going. I wish I could motivate myself to play GHWT vocals, but for some reason I just can't.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 11:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

On the funny side, I lol'd at the sponsor thingy. On the really serious side, awesome job with "Good God"!!! Indeed, the chorus variations are a beast! The whole song is a beast, to be honest.

Congrats on getting 200 FC's too! I wholeheartedly welcome you onto this club of awesomeness. You can't go wrong with Tool, all of those songs are epic. Sucks about the future lack of time though. Getting the rest would be a pain, for you'll have to be prepared for the worst: "Never Too Late". But, knowing your skill and such, you can definitely do it!

By the way, with that talking at #lavalamp, I can expect you to be happy again, and your self-esteem to be much better than on the last days. Mr. Green

Wooffus  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2010 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Surprisingly, "Never Too Late" isn't scaring me.
I took a test run of that track through the GH5 engine and 5*'d it first try (97% - 7 solids but everything else was perfect), so I should be fine trying to work out the kinks in the GHWT engine, lag or no lag.

But thanks

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 47, 48, 49  Next
Page 10 of 49

Jump to: