ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Vocals Community Project - Under Pressure - Phrase Choosing
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Vocals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
kire  
 




Joined: 25 Oct 2007
Posts: 453

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2010 6:29 pm    Post subject: Vocals Community Project - Under Pressure - Phrase Choosing Reply with quote

Update 2: Since ccmoose already recorded his phrase I have to get a color code so:

Not Chosen
Not Done
Done, But Not Tested
Done, Tested and Works Fine
Done, Tested but doesn't work
Done, Tested, but has some difficulties but got at least an 100%

Note: PM me the phrase ;)

Update 1: So we chose the song, Under Pressure it will be!

Phrase List (Thx Wooffus)

INTRO
=====
1 - Mm ba ba de, Um bum ba de - Thom1234
2 - Um bu bu bum da de - seandx5
3 - Pressure pushing down on me - BioHazardABZ
4 - Pressing down on you no man ask for - Taozack
5 - Under pressure - that burns a building down - PieGuy
6 - Splits a family in two, puts people on streets - CharginMahLazer
7 - Um ba ba be, Um ba ba be - Tidus
8 - De day da, Ee day da (that's OK)

DAVID 1
======
9 - It's the terror of knowing what the world is about - StormEagle
10 - Watching some good friends screaming 'Let me out' - Rapstah
11 - Pray tomorrow - gets me higher - nonzero
12 - Pressure on people - people on streets - Lupo13

FREDDIE 1
=======
13 - Day day de mm hm - parzrevenge
14 - Da da da ba ba, OK
15 - Chippin' around - kick my brains around the floor - Wooffus
16 - These are the days it never rains but it pours - Dr00bles
17 - Ee do ba be, Ee da ba ba ba
18 - Um bo bo, Be lap
19 - People on streets - ee da de da de - JOE2210
20 - People on streets - ee da de da de da de da

DAVID & FREDDIE
============
21 - It's the terror of knowing what this world is about - rastabot
22 - Watching some good friends screaming 'Let me out' - WHYYZ
23 - Pray tomorrow - gets me higher high high - Sentimentalgeek

BREAK
=====
24 - Turned away from it all like a blind man - JTHomeslice
25 - Sat on a fence but it don't work - Doremi
26 - Keep coming up with love but it's so slashed and torn - Spectrauma
27 - Why - why - Hafkie
28 - Why ? <----HIGH NOTE HERE - BillTvShow
29 - Insanity laughs under pressure we're cracking - IndestructibleSD

FREDDIE 2
=======
30 - Can't we give ourselves one more chance - Uberman11
31- Why can't we give love that one more chance - Toymachine
32 - Why can't we give love give love give love give love - Arvain
33 - give love give love give love give love give love - Brandon007

DAVID 2
======
34 - 'Cause love's such an old fashioned word - llamaman2
35 - And love dares you to care for - ccmoose
36 - The people on the edge of the night - Yusuke
37 - And loves dares you to change our way of - Kire (me :P)
38 - Caring about ourselves - Kubuh
39 - This is our last dance - eddaket
40 - This is our last dance - Bendover
41 - This is ourselves - Boss

ENDING
=====
42 - Under pressure - AaronGentry
43 - Under pressure - Moomoomoo1
44 - Pressure - dogfoodnyc


================================================

Billtvshow wrote:

Original Post:
As many of you may have noticed, I haven't posted a whole lot on these forums in recent months (for a variety of reasons). However, I still am around here a lot and I have a lot of old friends here. This has always been a pretty tight knit group.
As the most subbed Youtube vocalist in this community, I want to try to help you other vocalists out there get some exposure through organizing a bit of a vocals community event. So here is what I want to do.
Back in RB1, some of us had planned on doing a Pleasure (Pleasure) group cover video, but it kind of fell through.
I want to kind of bring back that concept, though in a slightly different way.
What I would like to attempt is for the people participating in this project to each be assigned a phrase of a song (to be determined) and to record themselves singing that phrase. They would then send me the video and then I would splice all of the videos together into one continuous performance, play it through a speaker into a mic and attempt to FC the song using all of your videos as one continuous stream of singing.
The benefit to those who participate are: getting to be a part of a unique community event and exposure (even if only a little) for your channel (as I will be linking all those involved in the video description and through annotations).

"Requirements":
1. I would strongly prefer people who are primarily vocalists, or treat vocals as their primary instrument, but that's not necessarily a deal breaker.
2. You will need the ability to record your voice and only your voice for the one phrase with little to no gameplay music in the background (I'd say at least 80%+ of the sound has to be your voice). This is extremely important.
3. I would strongly prefer the video that you send to me actually show yourself singing the one phrase. However, I understand people don't want to show themselves on camera so much on the internet, so you could alternately send a sound file of you singing the phrase along with a picture or logo representing you or a video of you singing the phrase without showing yourself again with a pic or logo or something to represent you. I DO NOT want any videos that show gameplay or the video game itself and ESPECIALLY NOT direct capture i.e. gamebridge (see #2), as I will be taking care of that part in my editing.
4. I would prefer people who have youtube channels that would possibly benefit from this, but if you do not have one, at least create an account.
5. If your recording is not successfully hitting your phrase, you may have to work with me in getting me recording that does.

So if you would like to be a part of this, please leave the following info in a comment here:
1. A link to your youtube channel or just your YT username
2. Anything you need to let me know or would like to inform me regarding your ability to meet the "requirements" stated above.
3. If you would be committed to buying one DLC song to be able to do this, barring you don't already own it.

Now, as for the song. It won't be all talkies as that obviously wouldn't feature your singing voices. I would prefer a song with a pretty hefty phrase streak so the optimal amount of people can get involved, though I guess that depends on how many people are interested in this. There are a number of fantastic selections in DLC, but I don't really want to require people to buy a song just for this. However, if most people respond positively towards buying a song for the project, I may lean that way. Whichever way is decided, I want it to be a difficult song. A real (not overtiered) 5 dot / Red Devil or an undetiered song with that reputation.
So please feel free to suggest songs in your comments here as well.

Ok, so there it is. Hope some of you are up for this!

-Stephen




SO after I saw the video I really got impressed and I was thinking we could do the same thing for the guitar hero side I talked to some friends on IRC (Uberman11 and Werelord) and they seemed to agree with me

so please join and let's try to make this a successful and fun experience!

so tell me suggestions for songs, I was thinking of Under Pressure since I had some ideas for it already, but I wanna hear suggestions

NOTE: Stephen has approved this.
_________________
MY ACHIEVEMENTS

Pieman on IRC wrote:
21:43 JustPieman2 Okay so
21:44 JustPieman2 Dave Mustaine walked into a bakery
21:44 JustPieman2 There was a Tornado of Rolls!


Last edited by kire on Tue Aug 10, 2010 5:10 pm; edited 45 times in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Uberman11  
 




Joined: 24 May 2009
Posts: 5

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2010 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah guys.This seems like a good idea.Maybe not Under Pressure though.I'll join though.(lol I'm such a noob on this site,one post FTW XD)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
werelord  
 




Joined: 09 Oct 2008
Posts: 1494

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2010 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like a good idea...too bad I can't participate. Also if you're going with GH5 I think Sympathy for the Devil would be a better choice since its longer,harder, and has more phrases to assign. If BH is allowed then I'd suggest American Pie because it's hard epic and has the most phrases.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Wii Friend Code: 4849421951901212
kire  
 




Joined: 25 Oct 2007
Posts: 453

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2010 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

werelord wrote:
Sounds like a good idea...too bad I can't participate. Also if you're going with GH5 I think Sympathy for the Devil would be a better choice since its longer,harder, and has more phrases to assign. If BH is allowed then I'd suggest American Pie because it's hard epic and has the most phrases.


Me and Uberman thought of that, but I don't think there are many vocalists on GH to fulfill that list
_________________
MY ACHIEVEMENTS

Pieman on IRC wrote:
21:43 JustPieman2 Okay so
21:44 JustPieman2 Dave Mustaine walked into a bakery
21:44 JustPieman2 There was a Tornado of Rolls!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
werelord  
 




Joined: 09 Oct 2008
Posts: 1494

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2010 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kire wrote:
werelord wrote:
Sounds like a good idea...too bad I can't participate. Also if you're going with GH5 I think Sympathy for the Devil would be a better choice since its longer,harder, and has more phrases to assign. If BH is allowed then I'd suggest American Pie because it's hard epic and has the most phrases.


Me and Uberman thought of that, but I don't think there are many vocalists on GH to fulfill that list

Good point, however seeing as you noted the amount of vocalists is few you should start with an easier song. It still has 44 phrases and there isn't too many FCs of the song...
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Wii Friend Code: 4849421951901212
kire  
 




Joined: 25 Oct 2007
Posts: 453

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2010 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

werelord wrote:
kire wrote:
werelord wrote:
Sounds like a good idea...too bad I can't participate. Also if you're going with GH5 I think Sympathy for the Devil would be a better choice since its longer,harder, and has more phrases to assign. If BH is allowed then I'd suggest American Pie because it's hard epic and has the most phrases.


Me and Uberman thought of that, but I don't think there are many vocalists on GH to fulfill that list

Good point, however seeing as you noted the amount of vocalists is few you should start with an easier song. It still has 44 phrases and there isn't too many FCs of the song...


well we'll see, but being able to FC the song isn't really important, you just need to be able to FC the phrase(s)
_________________
MY ACHIEVEMENTS

Pieman on IRC wrote:
21:43 JustPieman2 Okay so
21:44 JustPieman2 Dave Mustaine walked into a bakery
21:44 JustPieman2 There was a Tornado of Rolls!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
werelord  
 




Joined: 09 Oct 2008
Posts: 1494

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2010 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kire wrote:
werelord wrote:
kire wrote:
werelord wrote:
Sounds like a good idea...too bad I can't participate. Also if you're going with GH5 I think Sympathy for the Devil would be a better choice since its longer,harder, and has more phrases to assign. If BH is allowed then I'd suggest American Pie because it's hard epic and has the most phrases.


Me and Uberman thought of that, but I don't think there are many vocalists on GH to fulfill that list

Good point, however seeing as you noted the amount of vocalists is few you should start with an easier song. It still has 44 phrases and there isn't too many FCs of the song...


well we'll see, but being able to FC the song isn't really important, you just need to be able to FC the phrase(s)

The point is there are several tough phrases and only a select few have hit them.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Wii Friend Code: 4849421951901212
kire  
 




Joined: 25 Oct 2007
Posts: 453

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2010 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

werelord wrote:
kire wrote:
werelord wrote:
kire wrote:
werelord wrote:
Sounds like a good idea...too bad I can't participate. Also if you're going with GH5 I think Sympathy for the Devil would be a better choice since its longer,harder, and has more phrases to assign. If BH is allowed then I'd suggest American Pie because it's hard epic and has the most phrases.


Me and Uberman thought of that, but I don't think there are many vocalists on GH to fulfill that list

Good point, however seeing as you noted the amount of vocalists is few you should start with an easier song. It still has 44 phrases and there isn't too many FCs of the song...


well we'll see, but being able to FC the song isn't really important, you just need to be able to FC the phrase(s)

The point is there are several tough phrases and only a select few have hit them.


You can practice individual phrases on GH so that would be easier, a lot easier, just train the phrase enough, and then record when you think you can
_________________
MY ACHIEVEMENTS

Pieman on IRC wrote:
21:43 JustPieman2 Okay so
21:44 JustPieman2 Dave Mustaine walked into a bakery
21:44 JustPieman2 There was a Tornado of Rolls!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Bendover  
 




Joined: 10 May 2008
Posts: 1042
Location: Monroe, WA

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2010 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd be happy to do this once we get a song figured out, I think an interesting song to do for this would be Sweating Bullets honestly, people could do their own take on the talkies in the verse and I think it has enough hard phrases to warrant it.

That or Sympathy for the Devil would be a good choice I think, but I'll do it as long as it's a GH5 song (no Band Hero =()
_________________



Skype wrote:
[4:09:44 PM] Jared Brock: War Ensemble is easy as hell [on drums]
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Uberman11  
 




Joined: 24 May 2009
Posts: 5

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2010 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bendover wrote:
I'd be happy to do this once we get a song figured out, I think an interesting song to do for this would be Sweating Bullets honestly, people could do their own take on the talkies in the verse and I think it has enough hard phrases to warrant it.

That or Sympathy for the Devil would be a good choice I think, but I'll do it as long as it's a GH5 song (no Band Hero =()


yeah, that might be a good idea.We were also talking about maybe doing Bring the Noise as the first or second one.It would be pretty epic with everyone rapping
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
kire  
 




Joined: 25 Oct 2007
Posts: 453

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2010 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bendover wrote:
I'd be happy to do this once we get a song figured out, I think an interesting song to do for this would be Sweating Bullets honestly, people could do their own take on the talkies in the verse and I think it has enough hard phrases to warrant it.

That or Sympathy for the Devil would be a good choice I think, but I'll do it as long as it's a GH5 song (no Band Hero =()


well ring of fire would be good also, and I would like a song that has no talkie phrases, cause someone loses the fun there, so yep
_________________
MY ACHIEVEMENTS

Pieman on IRC wrote:
21:43 JustPieman2 Okay so
21:44 JustPieman2 Dave Mustaine walked into a bakery
21:44 JustPieman2 There was a Tornado of Rolls!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Wooffus  
 




Joined: 11 Dec 2009
Posts: 837
Location: England

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2010 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm so in on this one. It doesn't matter what song gets chosen - I'm getting close to that GH5 FGFC.
Also, I sure as heck can do with that Youtube exposure. The fanbase I've built up there are PS1 retro gamers of the past, and whenever I upload *anything* GH related, they ignore me and play with their little old toys over and over (and as awesome as those old gems are, there's only so much you can do with them -_-).

But yeah, bring it on
_________________




Click the card for my accomplishment thread!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Wii Friend Code: 4393435608820667
kire  
 




Joined: 25 Oct 2007
Posts: 453

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2010 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wooffus wrote:
I'm so in on this one. It doesn't matter what song gets chosen - I'm getting close to that GH5 FGFC.
Also, I sure as heck can do with that Youtube exposure. The fanbase I've built up there are PS1 retro gamers of the past, and whenever I upload *anything* GH related, they ignore me and play with their little old toys over and over (and as awesome as those old gems are, there's only so much you can do with them -_-).

But yeah, bring it on


well about that exposure part...

we need someone with a large number of subscribers to upload this then xD

if boss or dr00bles (which I think have the most subscribers from all of the GH vocalists) got in this one, then it would be awesome
_________________
MY ACHIEVEMENTS

Pieman on IRC wrote:
21:43 JustPieman2 Okay so
21:44 JustPieman2 Dave Mustaine walked into a bakery
21:44 JustPieman2 There was a Tornado of Rolls!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
tidus  
 




Joined: 04 May 2007
Posts: 4391
Location: Anywhere but U.S.A.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 2:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd suggest a shorter song myself. There are few players who are actually willed to play GH Vocals, so it wouldn't make much use picking a song that has more phrases than FP/LT when we have few people on this side.

Also, as GH Vocals are strict (and we all know it, right?), and the sound picking may be different from the RB picking, shouldn't we tone down the song choice a bit? Of course, we do have epic songs that aren't at the same time of the caliber of a dreaded song like "Sympathy for the Devil".
_________________
sentimentalgeek wrote:
But yeah, lol @ the fact that you can say "she" in this thread and not be sure which person is being talked about. Now we know whose milkshake brings all the girls to the yard.
<3 this.

| 57 RB1 on-disk FC's, plus 4 RB Vox FGFC's. No way I don't feel accomplished! =)
Back to top
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: TidusKamikaze
kire  
 




Joined: 25 Oct 2007
Posts: 453

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well there isn't a song on GH with a small amount of phrases that it would be worth doing, so I think with the 37 phrases of ring of fire we could do something sweet, like if each one did 2 phrases, and we got those small phrases like "Love" and "Is a burning thing" together, we could get easily a song that fits our number of players
_________________
MY ACHIEVEMENTS

Pieman on IRC wrote:
21:43 JustPieman2 Okay so
21:44 JustPieman2 Dave Mustaine walked into a bakery
21:44 JustPieman2 There was a Tornado of Rolls!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Vocals All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 1 of 11

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Copyright © 2006-2013 ScoreHero, LLC
Terms of Use | Privacy Policy


Powered by phpBB