Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Terrible Classmates Discussion
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
B-Fuzz  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 5:14 am    Post subject: Terrible Classmates Discussion Reply with quote

My classmates have the most serious attitude problems I've ever seen. They refuse to do anything in gym class. Ever. And most of them are athletes and are very strong, yet they don't ever do anything in class, and they never listen to the teacher ever, I feel so sorry for the guy. Now, he's not my favorite teacher ever, tbh, I hate gym, and I'm not the most active person, scratch that, I'm straight up lazy, and it's really sad that a fat-ass like me has more will to try in class then all of these strong athletes.

I guess the question I want to ask is, has anyone else ever been in a class with people who are total dicks and are just straight-up defiant towards the instructor?

Last edited by B-Fuzz on Wed Jan 13, 2010 4:42 am; edited 1 time in total
Xtresso  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 5:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I actually have had pretty much that exact thing with people being total dicks and not doing what they're supposed to. For the most part it should be forgivable since it might be a sport they aren't completely familiar with it, but come on, at least try to learn the rules.

And people hog the ball in a sport that they actually aren't good at. I hate that. Particularly really big guys who have no shot in basketball but they just charge to the basket and miss. Screw them, I'll just drop J's on them all day

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 6:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This describes 60% of the kids at the high school I went to. For some reason, they believed suspensions were a badge of honor. Then again, I wasn't the best student either, I got high almost every day after school and never did any homework, but I at least respected my teachers. Oh, and yes, I did graduate.
Note: Marijuana and School do not mix. College is the place for that.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 6:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting... At my school, in the Athletics or PE classes it's usually the athletes that actually try and do good while all of the skinny skater kids hang around in the back corner and do nothing...
pyrobob  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 7:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It could be worse.

It could be me in your class.
GuitarHailz  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What grade are you/they?

Not that laziness/douchebaggery has an age limit, but this type of behavior is usually extremely strong Senior year. Hell, even a good student like me started to give much less of a fuck right around the Spring semester of Senior year. Senioritis at its finest. I even remember my government teacher telling us that he was going to quit after this year due to the intolerable Seniors, so he pretty much checked out right away. It's always sad when the teacher cares even less than the kids.

Elsewhere on this subject... I find there to be an interesting culture with students depending on the type of classes they take. Classes like gym are usually always full of idiots giving the teacher a hard time and other shenanigans. But on the flip side, all of my AP classes were full of the "good" kids who would cry if they didn't get A's on tests. In my school, you either took the AP version of the class, or the "Dumb" version. It was the "Dumb" classes full of people just like you describe, except it was really bad. It was just an acceptable term...

"Hey can you help me with my Algebra?"
"You're in Dumb Algebra? Hahaha"

What I hated is that there was no in-between. I didn't act out or cause trouble in class, but I didn't cry over test grades either. If only there was a class for us normal folk who weren't dumb but also not masochistic (which is a good way of describing some of those AP courses). It's amazing how a school with so many National Merit Scholars and such also have so many idiots too. It's so black and white!

/irrelevant rant

So the moral of the story is: in college those type of people will just sleep through class so you don't even have to mess with them anymore. Hooray college!

1KJ08mq.jpg
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail XBL Gamertag: PMS Hailz PSN Name: Hailey_Ivy
B-Fuzz  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Xtresso wrote:
I actually have had pretty much that exact thing with people being total dicks and not doing what they're supposed to. For the most part it should be forgivable since it might be a sport they aren't completely familiar with it, but come on, at least try to learn the rules.
Yeah, it should be forgivable if it's one or two sports that you aren't good at/don't know much about, but the problem with my class is it's with every sport. We just went skating last week, and a couple hockey players refuse to skate, the entire class including the basketball players just screwed around when we played basketball, and so on. They just really hate our teacher for almost no reason.

@Hailz - Freshman. Go figure I guess.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 10:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've always thought that the majority of kids who are dicks to authority in schools may actually be smart but just never were able to realize their intelligence due to the absolute failure of our public schools. Hell, I have straight A's in all honors and AP classes and I sleep through class or do homework from other classes, act like I don't care, and act defiant toward the teacher. It's because school is bullshit.

Rawrspoon  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Everyone totally respected my gym teacher when I took PE freshman year.

A 22 year old super hot babe. Man, she was just absolutely breathtaking.

On the other hand, sophomore year I got a really really fat coach who did nothing but stay on his computer all day. Nobody really respected him.

I really try hard to be nice to my teachers because hey, they're people too.
LlamaYip  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 11:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last year, my science class was a total zoo. The science teacher had absolutely no control over the students. We learned nothing all year, and I will admit, it was my favorite class (and I ended up testing into the advanced Science program the year after anyways ) but in the end, the principal had to sit in at all of our classes from then on.

View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: LlamaYip Wii Friend Code: 6484459093164883
Saru786  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 11:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't really see any problem in my PE class. Mostly, I have the middle of type of people Hailz was talking about. Of course, you'll end up with those just a bit too athletic and good(trust me) to care to play and always get the respect and those just a bit too weak and bad(trust me) to not play and never get the respect.

Really, to put in a simple form, in my PE class it's like the athletic but academically stupid kids get the respect while the non-athletic but academically smart kids don't get the respect.

- Saru is a genius
- BT doesn't exist
- 9001 is fucking paranoid
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Saru786 Wii Friend Code: 5710861160111753
dcos15  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 12:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Honestly, I'm in the 10th grade and I really don't give about gym. I don't do anything, mostly because all the over-serious jocks just push me around and quie frankly, If I play and someone who wants to is on the bench, I feel as if I'm taking away from someone who wants to play. Honestly, Gym in HS should be an elective. If I want to be a music producer, what benefit at all am I getting from gym. I could be taking music theory or be in the wind ensemble (basically honors band). If you want to be an athelete or enjoy sports, take gym. In my school, Gym is a graduation requirement, I I've know AP/Honors students who have not graduated because they forgot to change out of gym. It's really sad.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 12:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LlamaYip wrote:
Last year, my science class was a total zoo. The science teacher had absolutely no control over the students. We learned nothing all year, and I will admit, it was my favorite class (and I ended up testing into the advanced Science program the year after anyways ) but in the end, the principal had to sit in at all of our classes from then on.

That sounds EXACTLY like my Chemistry teacher last year, his name was Dr. Bob. Lol. He was a Stanford graduate and all, but had no control over the class, and couldn't teach for shit. And at the end, a psychotic english teacher sat in our class o_O

'Tis crazy, never thought anyone would have nearly the EXACT same problem as my school/class.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Trippolette

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 1:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Same thing happens here. Started in about 7th grade, I believe.

Funny story here, so I had gym the first quarter and I have 3 friends in the class, 2 of them fuck around (the teacher even knows that) and the other had an injury so he had to sit out the entire quarter. Now here I am, working my ass off each class, and guess what happens at the end of the quarter? '

The three of my friends? A's

Me? B+

MORAL OF THE STORY: Don't try in gym class :|
DPooch  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 2:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm a senior, and I'll admit I've messed around with a few teachers, but I'm not in the least bit excessive with it.

But some kids are ridiculous. My German teacher hasn't the slightest control over the class whatsoever. She's all talk and no walk, so nobody takes her seriously.
She's given out maybe 4 detentions when it should have been 80 at least by now.
Kids get up and walk around the room for fun (there are about 4 seniors in my class, and 20 juniors, German 3). (We just call her)Frau does absolutely nothing about it. She threatens to write kids up and send them to the dean's, but she never does.
The worst that's happened in that class, was some kid busted open a pen, and wrote BITCH in big bold letters on the floor in the back corner of the room.
We came back the next day and it was only faded. Barely any came out. Luckily, the next day, it was gone. I was afraid I'd get in trouble for someone else's complete retardedness and disrespect.
Frau never mentioned it in class, which was sort of a relief, but I feel bad for her, she actually likes me, I'm one of the only people with an A in her class, let alone 100%.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: poochz0rz
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> General Chat All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

Jump to: