EmoArbiter  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 3:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

First things that come to mind:

Eminiem - When I'm Gone
Wolfmother - Cosmic Egg
Jimmy Eat World - Pain

There was another good one I had but I forgot it >_>

My accomplishments|Season 11 GHM Division 2 Winner
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Emo Arbiter Wii Friend Code: 2162307103708276
Yewb  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 4:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trivium's "A Gunshot To The Head of Trepidation", as mentioned earlier (which was, not incidentally, the first heavy metal song I ever heard) - and also System of a Down's "Toxicity".
I just want to, you know, get my name out there. BTW, it updates every Thursday, Friday, and Saturday. Was just the first two, decided to do Saturdays as well.
Serious advice now: No-one likes indecision in their work, so find what you like that you're even remotely good at, and stick with it. Don't flit from one thing to another, because that just smacks of a large lack of determination and drive. And people don't like you for that, and won't remember you for it. I mean, I get that you have a plucky spirit and a willingness to try new things, but there's a limit, man.
I might knock it down to just Thursday and Friday.
JOE2210 wrote:
Leave me alone, I have been drinking and your made up words mean nothing to me.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Yewb
POKE-JJ  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 5:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know I'm going to get shit for this, but "Too Bad" by Nickelback. I HATE HATE HATE the band but that song is actually good. :P

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NavyCherub wrote:
Uunoftw wrote:
Crushcrushcrush by Paramore. I don't know why but "old" Paramore is decent. (Just for comparison Slayer is one of my favorite bands :/)

Paramore has three albums. CrushCrushCrush was on the second one. The third one came out recently. "Old" Paramore material doesn't exist yet. >__>

Anyway, I was thinking about this topic while listening to Molly's Chambers by Kings of Leon.

You could argue that the first album is "old" paramore since it sounds the most different from Riot and Brand New Eyes. Crushcrushcrush I agree can't really be classed as "old".

A couple of songs I like from bands I don't really care for:

Led Zep: The Immigrant Song

Nirvana: Breed

Him: The Kiss of Dawn

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Goramoth
Cabanon  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

POKE-JJ wrote:
I know I'm going to get shit for this, but "Too Bad" by Nickelback. I HATE HATE HATE the band but that song is actually good. :P

you should listen to "Because Of You" its almost metal lol

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 3:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really hate Lostprophets, but Burn Burn is so goddamn catchy.

I can't stand any of their other songs though.

Npeaen wrote:
See! There is a benefit to wasting away far too much time on fake plastic guitars!

More... plastic guitars...
this1neguy  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 4:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paramore - that new edgy song. Ignorance? Well, actually, bad choice, because I like Misery Business too.

Slipknot - Sulfur
Silly wrote:
yksi-kaksi-kolme wrote:
I hope the April Fool's joke is expertwin becoming a mod

Reports coming in that over five hundred thousand players of the Guitar Hero and Rock Band games have simultaneously committed seppuku
Nubnut  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 7:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

this1neguy wrote:

Slipknot - Sulfur

This x10. I generally hate slipknot songs But I heard this song on the radio and was pleasantly surprised by how good it was.

Also, Paradise City by Guns n Roses. Generally the band just gets on my nerves, but the entire last 2 minutes of this song are just awesome.
"THERE IS A DREAM I AM LIVING
THERE IS A LIFE I AM DREAMING OF"
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Gavesit
Shadowstep  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 7:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sulfur by Slipknot

The End of Heartache by Killswitch Engage

Waking the Demon by Bullet for my Valentine

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

this1neguy wrote:
Paramore - that new edgy song. Ignorance? Well, actually, bad choice, because I like Misery Business too.

Yup, Ignorance is a fantastic song (and a great video) but I can't really count it 'cos I generally don't mind Paramore. Don't like 'em as much as I used to, but I certainly don't dislike them.

I suppose I could add Almost Easy to this list, as much as it pains me to admit I like an Avenged Sevenfold song. I really enjoyed the chart on RB2 and it was too much hassle to turn the sound off every time I played it, so it ended up growing on me.

yksi-kaksi-kolme wrote:
Wow Mr. Mad, who fucked your buffalo?
clawmaster2  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nubnut wrote:
this1neguy wrote:

Slipknot - Sulfur

This x10. I generally hate slipknot songs But I heard this song on the radio and was pleasantly surprised by how good it was.

Same goes for me.
Normally, I can't stand Slipknot too much. I don't mind listening to them, but that certainly doesn't mean I like them. The one part of the song that really makes me cringe a little is the hint of record scratching in the middle of the song. It took a few dozen listens to really hear it, but that was probably because I only heard this song on Motorstorm: PR
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Music Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: