ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
People are coming around.... aren't they?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc DJ Hero Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
x2fr  

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 7:09 pm    Post subject: People are coming around.... aren't they? Reply with quote

I've noticed a bunch of new top players emerge on xbl... alot of people on the DJ hero Facebook page, but almost no activity here on SH (compared to GH/RB)... what gives? The game is fuckin awesome. /rant.

Wulfgrenade (real band)
http://www.wulfgrenade.com

The Gurn Killers win the Harrah's $10K Rock Band Tournament.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6PsAmMa6YQ4
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: x2fr PSN Name: x2fr
GuitarHailz  

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

People aren't posting on these forums because they're too busy having fun playing the game.

But yes I think a lot of people are coming around. I've recommended the game to a ton of friends and a lot of people have heard of it and have picked it up (since Christmas, price drops, etc). There just isn't a ton to talk about right now (little information on the new game, no new DLC, etc). Give it time. And while you're waiting, go play some DJ HEROOOO!

1KJ08mq.jpg
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail XBL Gamertag: PMS Hailz PSN Name: Hailey_Ivy
malictus  

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I for one hope that more people start entering scores; the scoreboards are very lonely

I'm currently working on compiling a DJHero scoring and pathing FAQ, but it's very tricky to do so because the game has such a complicated scoring system (and is notoriously glitched to boot).

I think the community has to build slowly; by the time DJH2 is out, we will hopefully have a full-fledged community...
Cyberwaste  

Location: Port Macquarie, the fine... planet of Australia. Chippy-chip-CHURRAH!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As people have said on various occasions (including Frankie on Starpower) is that the game will become popular, but it'll take a while. I knew a drop in price would get people to start to come around, because it's a very unique console game that people will like as soon as they try it. That and the music is unique and very worthy of a listen.

So yeah, it's starting to turn. And much like the GH side of ScoreHero, DJH2 will make this community burst at the seems with new members.

psxfreak101 wrote:
But seriously I hate this country when it comes to my beloved hobby of presing buttons on a controller and making shit on my TV follow my every command.

View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: iAmCyberwaste PSN Name: CyberwasteFX
x2fr  

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Give it time. And while you're waiting, go play some DJ HEROOOO!

Lol. Believe me, there's no lack of playing I just want more people on the leaderboards. gadddammit kitty ><

I have to say that the pathing is one of the best aspects of this game easily...
Also I love that it's not really awash with FCs... (forget rockit/groundhog) just realized fuckin the end of Naayfish/Robot Rock is probably not gonna get FC'd soon, if ever haha)

Wulfgrenade (real band)

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: x2fr PSN Name: x2fr
Grimnir  

Location: OMG you live in ut or play on psn? add me lets play!!!

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2010 3:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah, I work slowly at my scores <_< sry for not filling up the high score charts like baller did ^_^

Maybe I should go for a couple song each weekend from the lower intensity tiers to get a score on, and each week get more until I've got the game posted.. So far I've really only worked at songs that would be a great accomplishment to me to have done, or they were played as part of some competition <_<

It wouldn't be so much of an issue, but right now I have work full time, college full time, and MAG just came out, and SSF4 is out soon.. >_< Plus ppl still want me to rock band and gh with them non-stop >_< man anyone who thinks gamers don't have a life needs to wake up to the 21st century!

I just wish I could go pro gamer and get sponsor to cover my bills so I wouldn't have to go to work or school lol, just fill up top scores all day ^_^

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2010 12:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anecdotal though it may be, I didn't "come around" right away simply because I had been laid off in February and didn't have the financial stability to pick up yet another $100+ plastic instrument game.

Hooray for Christmas, though. Hopefully some new blood will push the rest of you slackers into pushing yourselves a little more :-P

The original Rock Band career bassist.
Former DJ Hero player for vVv.
AnubisGX  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 8:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have several #1 scores on the xbox360, but didn't take proof screen shots. Sometimes, I don't know how the hell I scored so high. Plus you guys would just beat them anyway. Lol. I played this game for about 2 months at launch, then took a break. Then a few weeks ago, I played the demo at best buy and remembered how fun this game was. Then when I popped it in and played, I got high scores on all the songs I played. I've been playing it since and really boosted my scores up. Except beats and pieces. Screw that song. Maybe someday I'll play great and take a proof pic and upload the score. Maybe. I look forward to losing my #1 scores to you guys. Lol! Well...those on xbox anyways.
cmmc222  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 6:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is anybody talking about me?
maxninja114  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cmmc222 wrote:
I don't know, what's your console username?

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cmmc222 wrote:

Ha! You took Party Rockin' 1st place from me right?

Competition's heating up for sure... I think also when ME2 & Bioshock are done, more people will jump back on this...

Wulfgrenade (real band)

cmmc222  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Same name. I had this game a few days after it came out but was playing with a faulty deck for 3 months before it died. So I got it replaced and am running through the setlist. But yeah there are a few other new names the see somewhat frequently
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc DJ Hero Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: