Shadowstep wrote:
You are absolutely insane.

lrn2cannibal corpse

We are in the music discussion section.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shadowstep wrote:
OpenYourEyes wrote:
b.vicious wrote:
well M. Shadows, in an interview, said this album would be darker and more progressive, so i guess having mike portnoy as their drummer would at least confirm the second point. haha

Call me crazy, but I'm pretty sure nothing can be darker than A Little Piece of Heaven.

lrn2cannibal corpse

I'm not sure if death metal would be fitting, but I can see them still getting darker, though.

You have died of dysentery. Put in your sig if lemons.
Proud Christian: If you are a Christian, put this in your sig. Let's see how many Christians are on ScoreHero!
***My Accomplishments: 67 RB2 H Guitar FCs!***
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message XBL Gamertag: BlueTornadoSH
machchunk  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stinkdog2007 wrote:
Shadowstep wrote:

lrn2cannibal corpse

That's cute, but no one here is going to agree with you on it.
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger XBL Gamertag: machchunk
Twang  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

machchunk wrote:
stinkdog2007 wrote:
Shadowstep wrote:

lrn2cannibal corpse

Indeed, but Cannibal Corpse was probably the worst example he could have chosen. Death metal isn't 'dark' per se...just...brutal.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message XBL Gamertag: teamkillin629
GuitarHailz  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2010 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unlike everyone else on this forum I'm sure, I prefer the latest album the most. It has a higher concentration of songs I just downright love. Maybe because it strayed more away from screaming vocals and added a lot more singing while still being somewhat heavy (as far as I'm concerned... A7X is probably the heaviest thing you'll find in my iTunes). If this new album is anything like the self-titled album, I'm in for a treat (although I can appreciate many of their older songs, such as Unholy Confessions and Bat Country).

I read somewhere that Portnoy was quoted as saying he will stay true to The Rev's parts. He may influence the band in little nuances here and there, but all of you expecting A7X to go a proggier direction will be sorely disappointed. I don't dislike Dream Theater, but hearing A7X turn towards that style would feel wrong on so many levels.

1KJ08mq.jpg
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail XBL Gamertag: PMS Hailz PSN Name: Hailey_Ivy
Nubnut  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2010 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OpenYourEyes wrote:
b.vicious wrote:
well M. Shadows, in an interview, said this album would be darker and more progressive, so i guess having mike portnoy as their drummer would at least confirm the second point. haha

Call me crazy, but I'm pretty sure nothing can be darker than A Little Piece of Heaven.

May I introduce you to a little band called Opeth.

But back on track, I do believe that Portnoy is a very good choice for A7X. Especially over the past decade he's been working more towards a thrash/death metal sound into his drumming style (even playing alongside Anthrax and Megadeth on seperate occasions). I might have to check out the album to see the final result.
"THERE IS A DREAM I AM LIVING
THERE IS A LIFE I AM DREAMING OF"
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Gavesit
torrentriver  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2010 5:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

well i suppose its better they didnt pick someone other than him, but i cant stand his drumming or DT, i think hes too showy, maybe thats just me though, i would love opeths drummer to do it up haha.
i guess ill give the new album a chance, but if he drums like he does for DT, count me out

Oh no she di' in't
OnionPowder  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2010 7:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nubnut wrote:
OpenYourEyes wrote:
b.vicious wrote:

May I introduce you to a little band called Opeth.

How about every single Black Metal band? Or what about Doom Metal.

There's always somebody who is faster, darker, heavier, more technical, more brutal, or more controversial than the last. No point in trying to say you know the top in any single one.

Last.FM|Facebook

yksi-kaksi-kolme has 699 love making sessions left.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: She Wants Reven PSN Name: OnionPowder
Nubnut  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2010 9:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OnionPowder wrote:

There's always somebody who is faster, darker, heavier, more technical, more brutal, or more controversial than the last. No point in trying to say you know the top in any single one.

I dunno, you'd be hard pressed to find a band more controversial than Gorgoroth.

I'd go into more detail, but more on topic here's a statement from Mike Portnoy himself.

Even under normal circumstances, I would've been happy to help the guys out in any way I could as I think Avenged Sevenfold are a great band...but under these incredibly sad and tragic circumstances, I must say I am truly honored to have been asked to play with them...and I didn't even have to think twice about saying yes.

These guys are a true family and it is an incredibly emotional experience to be here with them for the first time without their lost brother. But they have welcomed me into the family with open arms and there's a real excitement to make the record they had set out to make...

I am treating my participation on this album with the utmost respect for Jimmy's memory and am remaining as true as possible to the drum parts that he wrote for the songs and the record he wanted to make.

I want their fans to realize that I'm not trying to step into or fill The Rev's shoes...I'm just merely lacing em up for him!

MP

http://www.mikeportnoy.com/forum/m2497524-p2.aspx
(It's towards the bottom of the page)
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Gavesit
OnionPowder  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2010 9:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nubnut wrote:
OnionPowder wrote:

I dunno, you'd be hard pressed to find a band more controversial than Gorgoroth.

I'd go into more detail, but more on topic here's a statement from Mike Portnoy himself.

Anal Cunt. I don't know of any other bands that have played the song "Women: Nature's Punching Bag" at a Feminism rally.

Also, that Gorgoroth thing sounds like one hell of a show.

Last.FM|Facebook

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: She Wants Reven PSN Name: OnionPowder
Twang  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2010 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OnionPowder wrote:
I don't know of any other bands that have played the song "Women: Nature's Punching Bag" at a Feminism rally.

I guess it depends on your definition of 'dark.' I for one, would not call Anal Cunt or Cannibal Corpse dark, but rather 'obnoxiously violent.' In fact, if I were a fan of either band, I would probably be offended that you would call them that, as I believe that 'dark' implies some seriousness. I would say the average Radiohead song is more 'dark' than anything either of those bands have done.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message XBL Gamertag: teamkillin629
OnionPowder  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2010 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Twang wrote:
OnionPowder wrote:
I don't know of any other bands that have played the song "Women: Nature's Punching Bag" at a Feminism rally.

I guess it depends on your definition of 'dark.' I for one, would not call Anal Cunt or Cannibal Corpse dark, but rather 'obnoxiously violent.' In fact, if I were a fan of either band, I would probably be offended that you would call them that, as I believe that 'dark' implies some seriousness. I would say the average Radiohead song is more 'dark' than anything either of those bands have done.

controversial

Sorry if you misunderstood. My examples for dark were Black Metal and Doom Metal.

Last.FM|Facebook

Xtresso  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2010 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

machchunk wrote:
stinkdog2007 wrote:
Shadowstep wrote:

lrn2cannibal corpse

I am going to agree with him on it.

I'm also glad to see that Portnoy is drumming for this album and that he's apparently staying true to the original drum parts. It should still be pretty cool.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2010 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OnionPowder wrote:

Believe me, it is
Nubnut  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2010 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OnionPowder wrote:

Anal Cunt. I don't know of any other bands that have played the song "Women: Nature's Punching Bag" at a Feminism rally.

Aye it was... Interesting haha.

Then of course there's the saga of the lead singer Gaahl, who was imprisoned first for assaulting a man. Then alleged of assaulting another man, torturing him and drinking his blood immediately after being released.

Then he goes from being one of the most intimidating black metal artists in history, to a homosexual fashion designer... Well all in a days work I guess.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Music Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: