ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Expert Guitar/Bass Full Game FC Breakdown *UPDATE*
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Guitar/Bass
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MehPlusRawr  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 7:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trogdor NTSC has been proved impossible, amirite?

It's entirely different than "just luck" as you put it.
Reakt00r  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MehPlusRawr wrote:

He's talking about the PAL version though.
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Reakt00r PSN Name: Reakt00r
MehPlusRawr  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reakt00r wrote:
MehPlusRawr wrote:

I was responding to someone else who said that Trogdor on NTSC was just something you had to be lucky for.
Reakt00r  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MehPlusRawr wrote:
Reakt00r wrote:
MehPlusRawr wrote:

I was responding to someone else who said that Trogdor on NTSC was just something you had to be lucky for.

Everyone in this thread discussing Trogdor and luck (except you) were talking about the PAL version.
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Reakt00r PSN Name: Reakt00r
CoalfieldRocker  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MehPlusRawr wrote:

i was talking PAL about the luck thing.

but on a side note, if its that broken to be proven impossible why not just throw it out the window from consideration? i mean, its not because of the difficulty of the chart like when GH2 first came out and Jordan was zomgwtfzor, we're talking about it just being broken...if i'm understanding this right anyways.

what i'm trying to say is, lets not include trogdor in the discussion for a FGFC because its impossibly broken, but not just because its very difficult, its legitimately broken.

and not like Overkill drums broken, like broken-broken.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

but you have to include it because it's a song in the game

and if it's impossible than that goes at the end of the list automatically

basically this is just ranking the hardest songs in the game. the only exception might be gh3, with one and ttfaf similar in difficulty, this could possibly put it over smash hits I dunno.
Reakt00r  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bulblax wrote:

basically this is just ranking the hardest songs in the game. the only exception might be gh3, with one and ttfaf similar in difficulty, this could possibly put it over smash hits I dunno.

Impossible =/= hard though, so I agree with not counting Trogdor, if it is actually proven impossible, that is.
WhYYZ  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reakt00r wrote:
Bulblax wrote:

Impossible =/= hard though, so I agree with not counting Trogdor, if it is actually proven impossible, that is.

Trogdor is possible to FC!
You need a bit of luck sure but you also need to KNOW the solo...
And besides it's been FC'd 24 times on the PS2...

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is something which should probably be cleared up, but which I'm personally also wondering about.

There are four possible engines: NTSC 360, NTSC PS2, PAL 360, PAL PS2.

When people say "PAL Trogdor", I assume they're just talking about PAL PS2? Certainly Shon has FCed it on PAL 360, but I assumed everyone else who has FCed it was on PS2? And then I presume witwix was the only one to have FCed it on NTSC PS2?

Meaning it's been done once on PAL 360, once on NTSC PS2, and then many times on PAL PS2? I know from having tried both that NTSC PS2 is a little looser than NTSC 360, but I don't know if that's enough to make an NTSC PS2 FC possible without being witwix. I've never tried a PAL system.

So how feasible is PAL 360, really, especially in comparison to NTSC PS2? Does the PAL -> NTSC change make it as much harder as PS2 -> 360?

(I'm just going to assume we're throwing NTSC 360 out of consideration)

Recent accomplishments:
TTFAF 800k [X]
Recently got consistent on Herman's/Sam's solos! Got a run with 464k by synth, but then botched it...850k soon.
xboxpro57  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A few things:

Trogdor is not "broken." Due to the engine, it is extremely hard. It has been done a number of time on PAL PS2, and once on PAL 360. I'm not sure if Witwix's FC was on NTSC PS2 or not.

In my opinion, it shouldn't be excluded from consideration, seeing as it isn't impossible necessarily.

Also, this is just a list of the hardest songs in each game and ordering them, so we could consult the master FC breakdown list. I know that on one of the lists, Trogdor NTSC is at the bottom, and Trogdor PAL is a lot further up the list, behind Satch, One, TTFAF, etc.

chaosfreak07  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know if I can agree with GH3 being the hardest FGFC of them all. To my knowledge, there are a handful of FGFCs of it, more than Van Halen (which has Eruption and Spanish Fly with the weird slider notes, so does I'm the One's triplets in Solo 1) or Smash Hits (pretty much the same, TTFAF is slider note central, but admittedly there's not THAT much too tough outside it, except maybe PwM and PBFO). Granted, some people will say the amount of FCs means nothing, but whatever. Not to mention those two have been out a much shorter time than GH3, but i'm sure we have more GH3 TTFAF FCs than we have people who are even close to a Smash Hits TTFAF FC.

Also, personally I think Band Hero is the easiest FGFC, easier than Beatles, because of one, the Taxman solo, which is especially tough because of the game's engine which i'll get to in a bit, and to a lesser extent The End, and two, in Band Hero you have a bigger timing window. Beatles' engine I find a bit strict. Yeah, i'm not that good, but just throwing my opinion out.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's a reason most of these threads are locked, guys. Please respect that opinions are just opinions. If you guys want to respectfully have this conversation, I won't stop you. Don't start attacking other people based off of their personal opinions, and please just be receptive to them.

I split out a lot of what I saw to be inflammatory posts. Keep it clean, guys.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 12:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

K81o7 wrote:
This is something which should probably be cleared up, but which I'm personally also wondering about.

There are four possible engines: NTSC 360, NTSC PS2, PAL 360, PAL PS2.

When people say "PAL Trogdor", I assume they're just talking about PAL PS2? Certainly Shon has FCed it on PAL 360, but I assumed everyone else who has FCed it was on PS2? And then I presume witwix was the only one to have FCed it on NTSC PS2?

Meaning it's been done once on PAL 360, once on NTSC PS2, and then many times on PAL PS2? I know from having tried both that NTSC PS2 is a little looser than NTSC 360, but I don't know if that's enough to make an NTSC PS2 FC possible without being witwix. I've never tried a PAL system.

So how feasible is PAL 360, really, especially in comparison to NTSC PS2? Does the PAL -> NTSC change make it as much harder as PS2 -> 360?

(I'm just going to assume we're throwing NTSC 360 out of consideration)

You are right playing it on the 360 makes it harder! I thought only Shon has the FC on the Xbox and I can has a 100% overstrum on it as well, NTSC 360 is almost human impossible because the timing window gets decreased to near zip. Then I believe (Not sure) that PAL 360 and NTSC PS2 are almost similar giving PS2 PAL the easiest to FC.
And even then it hard/annoying as hell!

And I agree with Choasfreak on Beatles/Band Hero.
Taxman solo would have been a lot easier with a forgiving engine.....

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 2:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

chaosfreak07 wrote:
I don't know if I can agree with GH3 being the hardest FGFC of them all. To my knowledge, there are a handful of FGFCs of it, more than Van Halen (which has Eruption and Spanish Fly with the weird slider notes, so does I'm the One's triplets in Solo 1) or Smash Hits (pretty much the same, TTFAF is slider note central, but admittedly there's not THAT much too tough outside it, except maybe PwM and PBFO). Granted, some people will say the amount of FCs means nothing, but whatever. Not to mention those two have been out a much shorter time than GH3, but i'm sure we have more GH3 TTFAF FCs than we have people who are even close to a Smash Hits TTFAF FC.

I like how when you mentioned Van Halen, you didn't mention I'm the One Solo 2A, you just mentioned all the triplets.

Anyways, take it from me, GH3 is harder than GHVH, and GHSH is harder than GH3. GH3's TTFaF is just cake compared to GHSH's chart, and if you want to say there's not that much too tough outside TTFaF in GHSH (Even though that song alone is enough to make GHSH the hardest), there's not really that much that hard outside of TTFaF, One, and RaBl in GH3. If you want to look at it in terms of hard songs, then GH1 or GH2 would be hardest, but they just simply aren't.

BH
GHA
GH5
GH80's
GH1
GH2 (PAL)
GHM
GHVH
GHWT
GH3
GHSH
GH2 (NTSC)

^ If a song is literally impossible, then so is the FGFC.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Marbler
Kerfoot32  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 3:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think enough people have agreed for me to switch GH3 and SH for me to finally do it. And I also made GH1 and Metallica harder. And BH and Beatles have been switched. How does that look now guys?
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message XBL Gamertag: MKerfoot32
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Guitar/Bass All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 4 of 9

Jump to: