Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Robert Pattinson isn't playing Kurt Cobain In Nirvana Biopic
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
GIRLintheFIRE  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wonder how many facts will be skewed...

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is Dave Grohl gonna be a part of this movie too? If he's not, this might be the first time EVER that something music-related doesn't have Dave Grohl in it.

Also worth mention: the age difference between Pattinson and Johansson is the same as the difference between Love and Cobain: about 2 1/2 years in favor of Love/Johansson.
olle92  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well it could be worse. I can definetly see him pulling off the look at least. But I heard somewhere that Zac Efron was considered for the part.

EDIT: Great news about Scarlett playing Love.
Twang  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 11:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm more peeved by Courtney Love continuing to exploit her late husband's legacy for more and more money. I don't even like Nirvana or Cobain and still: fuck that chick.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message XBL Gamertag: teamkillin629
TheLieInKing  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If he's a good actor, he'll do a good job. Not much to be said of his earlier films, which I don't know anything about anyway. Sounds like an interesting biopic though, I've been meaning to read Cobain's biography for a while now.

Gamer9254 wrote:
Think about it for a second. If YOU were to be a movie producer, would you choose the option that will earn you more money, or less money?

Considering Love is keeping herself at the helm of the project I think that's irrelevant. I'd guess that Nirvana have more appeal than Twilight anyway, although I acknowledge my pop culture is extremely lacking.

FreeXBird  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If he turns Kurt Cobain into a perfect complexion, shirtless teenage heartthrob with a blood fetish, I swear I'll kill him.

I'm serious.
SDoner8790  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheLieInKing wrote:
If he's a good actor, he'll do a good job. Not much to be said of his earlier films, which I don't know anything about anyway. Sounds like an interesting biopic though, I've been meaning to read Cobain's biography for a while now.

Gamer9254 wrote:
Think about it for a second. If YOU were to be a movie producer, would you choose the option that will earn you more money, or less money?

Considering Love is keeping herself at the helm of the project I think that's irrelevant. I'd guess that Nirvana have more appeal than Twilight anyway, although I acknowledge my pop culture is extremely lacking.

Your pop culture knowledge is extremely lacking.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 11:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FreeXBird wrote:
If he turns Kurt Cobain into a perfect complexion, shirtless teenage heartthrob with a blood fetish, I swear I'll kill him.

I know, whenever an actor appears in one movie, every other movie they ever act in always turn into the exact same movie as the first one regardless of the context of the movie!!!!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2010 3:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NavyCherub wrote:
FreeXBird wrote:

I know, whenever an actor appears in one movie, every other movie they ever act in always turn into the exact same movie as the first one regardless of the context of the movie!!!!

Actually, with some actors this is sadly true. I can say from some minor experience (lots of community and high school theater work) that every actor holds onto bits of their characters when working in a series or stage acting, cause they just get so used to it.

And some actors always go back to their former character choices (hence why it seems like some actors always play the same character... It's cause they are).
"THERE IS A DREAM I AM LIVING
THERE IS A LIFE I AM DREAMING OF"
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Gavesit
MrYumYum  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2010 4:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Robert Pattinson was pretty cool in Harry Potter yo.

As a Cobain fan, I guess it's obligatory that I see this biopic, but I'm not going to deny that I have a bad feeling about the facts that are going to be in it. Also, Scarlett Johansson although I do think Lindsay Lohan is more fitting.

<3 robbyx4595 for sex banner
Add me on XBL if you wish, just leave SH name in message.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: MrLeeChang16
special.k  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2010 1:10 pm    Post subject: .... Reply with quote

WHAT THE HELL.. why didn't they get Joe Anderson to play Kurt.. He looks almost exactly like him.
GuitarHailz  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2010 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nubnut wrote:
NavyCherub wrote:
FreeXBird wrote:

Actually, with some actors this is sadly true. I can say from some minor experience (lots of community and high school theater work) that every actor holds onto bits of their characters when working in a series or stage acting, cause they just get so used to it.

And some actors always go back to their former character choices (hence why it seems like some actors always play the same character... It's cause they are).

This is true, but I'd venture to say that there wasn't much "getting into character" for Twilight. The only getting into character I can think of is staring alluringly and being shirtless. And don't get me started on that empty slate self-insert Bella. It's not like he had to do any brilliant acting or like, psych himself up for the role like the actors you're probably referring to did. Kurt Cobain won't be a sparkling vampire. I assure you.

1KJ08mq.jpg
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail XBL Gamertag: PMS Hailz PSN Name: Hailey_Ivy
Fugitive  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2010 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You know, what they've actually done is quite brilliant. This Biopic will now attract the attention of Nirvana fans, obviously, which I would assume is a demographic of teenaged to about 30ish aged guys. But this Biopic's demographic encompasses teenaged girls now, as well, who would have never even dreamed of seeing it with any other actor besides Robert Pattinson.

I can't help but feel they sold out a little bit for Pattinson to have this role, as I would think other actors could do a better job. I'm very willing to accept the fact that I may eat my words though, I'm curious to see how he does.
MrYumYum  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2010 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fugitive wrote:
You know, what they've actually done is quite brilliant. This Biopic will now attract the attention of Nirvana fans, obviously, which I would assume is a demographic of teenaged to about 30ish aged guys. But this Biopic's demographic encompasses teenaged girls now, as well, who would have never even dreamed of seeing it with any other actor besides Robert Pattinson.

I can't help but feel they sold out a little bit for Pattinson to have this role, as I would think other actors could do a better job. I'm very willing to accept the fact that I may eat my words though, I'm curious to see how he does.

Yeah, I agree that this new demographic will evolve after release, so hardcore Nirvana fans are probably going to have to suffer the new "hardcore" Nirvana fans.

I would actually like to hear input from Dave or Krist on the Biopic.

<3 robbyx4595 for sex banner
Add me on XBL if you wish, just leave SH name in message.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: MrLeeChang16
TerminX13  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2010 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I raged hard.

Then I lol'd.

Then I raged again.

wth?

Twitter | Trollbean | RateYourMusic | Hummingbird
Accomplishments:
RB (Latest: 25 or 6 to 4)
GHL (Latest: GHL FGFC)

Greatest canine ever to play the plastic guitar
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Music Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: