ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Top 20 Hardest GH Expert Drums FC's
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Drums
View previous topic :: View next topic  
arvain  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can't decide if i agree more with Warlord's or EoZ's list, both make sense ^^

But as i am not about to try and fc those songs (even their sections in practice), who cares which one i think is harder I'd have to be actually able to hit them to make my opinion somehow valuable.
ccmoose  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll throw in my two cents.

With broken engines
1) Overkill (NO SP in outro)
2) War Ensemble (20-25 hours of practice + ~10 hours of grinding)
3) DWEDFN (I'm not kidding. This is the last one I would ever try to redo on GH5)
4) Scatterbrain (broken and hard)
5) The Spirit of Radio (broken and med-hard)
6) BatH
7) Space Truckin' (more technical than TTFAF and has the BROD; this could easily be #1 for someone else. Either you can hit the roll, or you can't.)
8) Vicarious (more technical than TTFAF with 2 really fast rolls)
9) TTFAF
10) Hot for Teacher (either version)

If Neversoft had play testers
1) War Ensemble (20-25 hours of practice + ~10 hours of grinding)
2) BatH
3) Space Truckin' (more technical than TTFAF and has the BROD)
4) Vicarious (more technical than TTFAF with 2 really fast rolls)
5) TTFAF
6) Scatterbrain (It's short, and overrated due to brokenness)
7) Hot for Teacher (either version)
8) Overkill (I thought it was hard, even with SP over broken outro)
9) Purple Haze (either you can diddle that well, or you can't)
10) 21CSM (long and tedious; though if it weren't for those two bass notes charted between pad hits, this would be nowhere near this list for me)

I left Loss of Control off because it is just one tricky pattern with medium speed fills that would take a good player about 15 minutes (at most) to get down. After that, it's about an hour or so of grinding and you got it.

Preemptive response
I know I ranked the only song that hasn't been FC'ed below some that have. The answer is simple; I have a lot going on in real life at the moment and don't have time to grind for it, and I think the main problem is hardware (that is, I need a new and improved blue pad). I KNOW I can roll that fast for at least that long.

CoalfieldRocker  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hmm i think Caught in a Mosh deserves some consideration. first off you have the uber "Drum Breaker" right near the beginning, and as ccmoose said about purple haze, either you can diddle that fast or you cant.

if you make it through the drum breaker, you have to deal with the fastest beat i've ever had to do, know its faster than WE and might even be a tad quicker than RaBl.

it does have some slow easy parts outside of these 2, but there are some tricky fills strewn throughout the song as well including the outro.

also, no love for Brianstorm? If you're playing on a stock kit (i.e., you cant re-arrange your pads) you're basically SoL

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ccmoose wrote:
I'll throw in my two cents.

With broken engines
1) Overkill (NO SP in outro)
2) War Ensemble (20-25 hours of practice + ~10 hours of grinding)
3) DWEDFN (I'm not kidding. This is the last one I would ever try to redo on GH5)
4) Scatterbrain (broken and hard)
5) The Spirit of Radio (broken and med-hard)
6) BatH
7) Space Truckin' (more technical than TTFAF and has the BROD; this could easily be #1 for someone else. Either you can hit the roll, or you can't.)
8) Vicarious (more technical than TTFAF with 2 really fast rolls)
9) TTFAF
10) Hot for Teacher (either version)

If Neversoft had play testers
1) War Ensemble (20-25 hours of practice + ~10 hours of grinding)
2) BatH
3) Space Truckin' (more technical than TTFAF and has the BROD)
4) Vicarious (more technical than TTFAF with 2 really fast rolls)
5) TTFAF
6) Scatterbrain (It's short, and overrated due to brokenness)
7) Hot for Teacher (either version)
8) Overkill (I thought it was hard, even with SP over broken outro)
9) Purple Haze (either you can diddle that well, or you can't)
10) 21CSM (long and tedious; though if it weren't for those two bass notes charted between pad hits, this would be nowhere near this list for me)

Agreeing that Scatterbrain is a lot easier if you leave out the factor of the broken GH5 engine, I'll rate it a little lower, although I really don't think it's easier than TTFAF ánd Vicarious. For this list, I'm going to leave out the entire broken GH5 engine (DWEDFN would definitely make this list if I did), since exporting GH5 songs to BH makes a lot of songs much easier/less broken.

The GH:WT version of HfT wouldn't make this list imo, since the intro isn't all that hard with the more lenient timing window, leaving only the outro as a considerable hard part (which isn't *that* hard either). The GH:VH version seems to be significantly harder, so I think that one *does* deserve a spot in the Top 10.

I'm surprised seeing Overkill in your list... sure, the outro is pretty tough, but the majority will probably agree that Purple Haze is much harder to FC due to its crazy fills. If you count Someguy's and Demonic's broken-note-miss runs, Overkill also has more FC's than Purple Haze.

Quote:
I left Loss of Control off because it is just one tricky pattern with medium speed fills that would take a good player about 15 minutes (at most) to get down. After that, it's about an hour or so of grinding and you got it.

This is exactly why I haven't even mentioned the song. A lot of people see something they've never seen before and instantly assume it'd be really tough to FC. This goes for songs as Painkiller, Loss of Control and even Space Truckin'. The fact is though, spending some time in practice mode works wonders in most cases.

CoalfieldRocker wrote:
hmm i think Caught in a Mosh deserves some consideration. first off you have the uber "Drum Breaker" right near the beginning, and as ccmoose said about purple haze, either you can diddle that fast or you cant.

if you make it through the drum breaker, you have to deal with the fastest beat i've ever had to do, know its faster than WE and might even be a tad quicker than RaBl.

Anyone who's even close to FC'ing any song in the Top 10 should have absolutely no problems with the "Drum Breaker", let alone the fast beat. Caught in a Mosh is a very good example of a song that people overestimate because it's so fast, but any top drummer shouldn't have *that* much trouble FC'ing it.

Quote:
also, no love for Brianstorm? If you're playing on a stock kit (i.e., you cant re-arrange your pads) you're basically SoL

Brianstorm has tons of FC's, stock kit or not. I myself had 3 outro chokes (sadly still no FC) on a WT stock kit and I don't think it should be near top 10.
| Banners link to videos/scores | YouTube Account | GH Accomplishments | RB Accomplishments | Song left for FSFC: Space Truckin' (-1)
ccmoose  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WarlordTm wrote:
Bunch of good points.

I'm surprised seeing Overkill in your list... sure, the outro is pretty tough, but the majority will probably agree that Purple Haze is much harder to FC due to its crazy fills. If you count Someguy's and Demonic's broken-note-miss runs, Overkill also has more FC's than Purple Haze.

Great points dude. Definitely like the idea of assuming all engines are working. That leaves room for the songs that are actually difficult.

Yeah... I'm pretty much alone on this. I agree from a community standpoint that Purple Haze is tougher than Overkill, but Overkill was tougher for me. So I don't expect you to add Overkill.

Ontwikseltsaar  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is this list about the hardest songs to FC or not? If so, broken-ness and engines SHOULD be taken into consideration, or multiple separate lists should be made.

You can't choose the engine you're playing on, so it should definitely be a factor, IMO.

What I DON'T think should be taken into consideration, is the difference between stock kits and other kits. It might be hard for people with stock kits (sorry tim) to get into this, but in my opinion, you should assume the best possible kit to be played - probably with 5 pads though. The most technically demanding songs will be left - which is kind of the whole point anyway, and SAF rightfully won't be mentioned (for example).

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Ontwikseltsaar
WarlordTm  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ontwikseltsaar wrote:
What I DON'T think should be taken into consideration, is the difference between stock kits and other kits. It might be hard for people with stock kits (sorry tim) to get into this, but in my opinion, you should assume the best possible kit to be played - probably with 5 pads though. The most technically demanding songs will be left - which is kind of the whole point anyway, and SAF rightfully won't be mentioned (for example).

I've had this in my head when making the list, so that's exactly why songs as SAF and Brianstorm (for those who think it's really tough on a RB stock kit) aren't on the list and why I haven't mentioned any advantages/differences in drumkits in the list. This seems like a fair and logic point and should (imo) be one of the main rules taken into consideration for any song/FC breakdown.

Quote:
Is this list about the hardest songs to FC or not? If so, broken-ness and engines SHOULD be taken into consideration, or multiple separate lists should be made.

You can't choose the engine you're playing on, so it should definitely be a factor, IMO.

The point is, you CAN choose the engine you're playing on, or at least... the songs that are extremely hard to FC due to the broken-ness of the GH5 engine can be exported to BH. Like how the list considers the best possible kit for a song, it should also consider the best possible engine that's available for any songs in question.
| Banners link to videos/scores | YouTube Account | GH Accomplishments | RB Accomplishments | Song left for FSFC: Space Truckin' (-1)
mbnasir6  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Top 10 is not enough IMO
You should do top 15, add Scream Aim Fire, and possibly another VH song, the last Tier of songs are all pretty hard

And the way Painkillers Drum Solo LOOKS makes it hard. I mean I can FC the first 85% many times, but the end bit looks so open and weird.
Warhiem  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 1:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Black Betty deserves mention because I think it is the hardest thing to FC ever on drums (Gh or not, I honestly think this contends with YMB). It seems like you guys left out DLC, but I'd like to point that one out.

Knux2007  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 1:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I understand if this is on-disc. But if you are including DLC, what about Dueling Banjos?

Best RB3 Bass FC so far: Antibodies Bass(7/83)
Ontwikseltsaar  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 2:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Warhiem wrote:
Black Betty deserves mention because I think it is the hardest thing to FC ever on drums (Gh or not, I honestly think this contends with YMB). It seems like you guys left out DLC, but I'd like to point that one out.

It has been tech FC'd though. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Posqrg6vWGQ

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Ontwikseltsaar
ElementOfZero  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 2:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Knux2007 wrote:
I understand if this is on-disc. But if you are including DLC, what about Dueling Banjos?

Probably not, because it's not THAT hard of an FC

The Choice Is Yours, And Yours Alone. Silver Snakes 4 Life
My Accomplishment Thread! My Youtube, New Videos posted often
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: v Reincarnate v
werelord  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is this on-disk only? If DLC is included then Anything and Black Betty deserve to make the list.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

werelord wrote:
Is this on-disk only? If DLC is included then Anything and Black Betty deserve to make the list.

Yes, on-disk only... it said so in the OP before the last time I edited it.
Warhiem  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ontwikseltsaar wrote:
Warhiem wrote:

It has been tech FC'd though. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Posqrg6vWGQ

:O!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Drums All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 2 of 7

Jump to: