ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Hak's Accs: HAK IS BACK! 4 GH5XG FCs (DwM, WaAB, PTFM, Medicate)!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
SAW4135  

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2010 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had to grind Before I Forget. The key is to try and get consistent at all parts before you play, otherwise those chords will kill your hands. I was able to hit the bridge 10 times in a row before I started grinding. Just saying, it'll save your hands a world of hurt.

As for Go That Far, I really have no advice other than turn off the sound on your T.V. and just focus on the notes you have to strum, don't worry about the hammer-ons. The key is not to strum the strum notes too early.

Thats about all the advice I got, I got both of these songs pretty fast after working on them so I hope you can snag them too!

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2010 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Before I Forget isn't that difficult to me, it's just the fact my hands are pretty much unable to continue for this song, thus making stupid misses. The quick is easy, but the afterwards is almost impossible for me to hit. Just a matter of building enough stamina for the quick chord changes. Which means PotR will be FCd shortly, since that'll be perfect training.

In other news, my whammy bar is pretty much dead. Doesn't mean I'll quit playing the game altogether, but I'm used to placing my hand on the whammy bar. It just feels awkward playing songs. I'll probably need to get used to it, won't be a huge problem.

And thanks for the comments, I will surely keep those tips in mind when I'm going for those songs, SAW.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Update 08/03/10

Pretty nice FCs, PotR took me two runs to get it, and I kept failing at Minus Celcius, but got it eventually.

Then, the worst choke I have EVER had:

12 notes from the end, I miss a yellow sustain. That's pretty frustrating when you have 4 100% runs already. =/

Ohwell, few hours later:

FC #26! I guess my time with GH5 (read: Mirror People and Wolf Like Me) got me through the Get To Da Choppa parts!

Yay! Next up is Kool Thing or Even Flow. It's just a matter of becoming consistent on the strumming in Kool Thing or not getting bored in Even Flow. :P

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2010 6:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice FC's! You're making nice progress, congratulations on Helicopter and Prayer of the Refugee, those feel nice when you finally get them. Minus Celsius is still one of my favorite GH3 charts, nice job! Mr. Green

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2010 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Graf wrote:
Nice FC's! You're making nice progress, congratulations on Helicopter and Prayer of the Refugee, those feel nice when you finally get them. Minus Celsius is still one of my favorite GH3 charts, nice job! Mr. Green

Thanks! Yeah, especially Helicopter. I had 7 100% runs, and I choked after the Get To Da Choppa parts once. PotR was a matter of not choking, nothing remotely hard. And Minus Celcius' pattern was pretty awkward when I first played. Kept missing in the beginning.

Anyways, thanks for the reply!
---

OH WELL, went back for 2 easy FCs I missed:

FC #27 and #28. They had to be FCd one day. xD

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2010 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're going through the game fast!

What's your goal?
50? 60?

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2010 8:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WhYYZ wrote:
You're going through the game fast!

What's your goal?
50? 60?

Well, I'm first trying to get to 40 FCs as fast as I can. I'm currently in a rivalry to 40 GH3 FCs, so that's been a great way to motivate me to go for FCs. But I think I'm going to struggle a lot to get to those FCs. There are a few songs I know I can FC:

Welcome To The Jungle: Consistency is my main problem here.
The Metal: Outro strumming screws me over way too much.
In Love: BLEGH OUTRO CHOKE 9 NOTES FROM THE END
Same Old Song And Dance: Just need to get more consistent with the solo.
My Curse: This'll happen soon, bit of grinding. Good thing I love to play this song.
Even Flow: I can't stand this song.
Kool Thing: Consistent at the strumming, just need a lucky run.

That will put me at 35 FCs, which means a half game FC.

I'm also trying to go for a RaBl 5 star. Currently inching closer to the cutoff. I have 214k as my high score, I just need to get better at flailing through Mosh 1 or I need to hit the first SP phrase after Mosh 1. After that, I'm set for a main setlist 5 star!

And then, only TTL and TTFAF are standing in my way for a 5 star. Speaking of TTFAF:

Score increase of 57k! I hit both SP phrases in the intro, didn't miss in the fast strumming parts that much (like, maybe 3 times) and got a lot of SP to use, for once.

Only 105k left! xD

Bedankt voor de reactie!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2010 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bumpity bump for new FCs, and me actually updating this thread.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2010 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow!! nice fcs!! i just recently got kool thing and it was my 56th fc, and you got it in your 30s . pretty awesome if you ask me! you are definately making a ton of progress quickly and i expect you to get at least 45 fcs pretty soon, if not 50! .

My Guitar Hero Acc. Thread / My Rock Band Acc. Thread / My Youtube / My Cult of Personality Guide / My Rock You Like a Hurricane Guide
Ontwikseltsaar wrote:
These charts look awfully fun so far. But hey, you can't spell Guiftaru Henro without f-u-n.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: iSWIMaw71
Hak  

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2010 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thenewkidaw71 wrote:
wow!! nice fcs!! i just recently got kool thing and it was my 56th fc, and you got it in your 30s . pretty awesome if you ask me! you are definately making a ton of progress quickly and i expect you to get at least 45 fcs pretty soon, if not 50! .

Thanks for the reply, but I really don't think I'm good enough to get 45 FCs already, TBH. I hate to grind songs, which is a given when FCing songs. I think that's the main problem. :P But still, if I can get to 45 FCs soon, that would be amazing. I'm still trying to hit that mark. But I'm first shooting for 40 FCs. ;)

Also, bumpity bump for 3 new FCs, netting me a half-game FC!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2010 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bump for My Curse FC and Avalancha FC.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2010 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And another bump for FC #37, In Love.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2010 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bump for...:

FC #38 and FC #39! Mauvais Garcon was going down eventually, and I did it on my second try today. I'd like to add that I downstrummed the entire song.

And Barracuda... That trill was really keeping me away from this song. I hadn't played it ever since I 5*'ed it. So, today, I practiced the trill and found a great way to pass it:

___
1 2 1 1 2 1 2 1 2 2 2 1 2 __ 1 1 1 1

Yeah. xD At least I got the FC the first time I passed the trill using this method. :P

Oh, and I finally 5 starred RaBl!

Finally did it. Hitting 2 extra SP phrases really bumps your score.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2010 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yet another bump for 2 new FCs.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2010 12:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Noooooowwwss, You played the WT game
Good Luck and remember, drinking coffee doesn't work fighting off the sleep that World tour brings. It too boring for coffee.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 2 of 10

Jump to: